Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

For the sake of your sanity...

Just accept relegation now. Take it on the chin and ready yourself for championship football. Accept zero points as the outcome on its way....

...then if it happens you won''t be too upset and if a miracle occurs it will bring joy.

This is advice for fans and not players!

Ive accepted it.

The prem is the place to be, especially financially. Its not the end of the world if we go down. Losing Ruddy, Snodgrass, Howson, Olsson would be disappointing. Cant say i feel the same about Bassong, Yobo, Gutierrez, Fer, Elmander, RVW etc.

Go back to a young hungry exciting manager, to build a young, hungry and largely british squad playing the right way.

Debt free in the champ, largest parachte payments in history, a few £ from player sales, we will be quite an attraction in yhe champ.

Ive accepted it, ready to embrace it, no matter where we arecome july 1st i will be excited to see what new signings we bring in.

Yer coz we are sure to pick up points at chelsea and against arsenal. we will lose 4-0 chelsea. ive surrendered as much as the players have. lost 5 in a row.

I don''t think it makes you less of a fan to be of the opinion that a team that has lost it''s last 5 games (and is it 7 consecutive away games?) is going to be unlikely to take much from 2 of the top sides in Europe, let alone this country.

It''s not white flag waving, just realism. It''s certainly no worse than the "we can''t *expect* to beat teams like Newcastle at home, they''ve got a lot more quality than we have" rubbish that has been used to excuse most of the rubbish that we''ve endured over the past 18 months.

I''ve accepted that it''s unlikely, given our away form, that we''ll get anything against the Champions League semifinalist''s who only have the league left to play for.

I''d say that was realism, not white flag waving. If you think it''s realistic that we will, yet you''re of the opinion that all of our rivals will pick up nothing then it suggests to me that you''re incapable of objective thought.

If we don''t get anything at The Bridge and need to beat Arsenal 15-0 on the last day will you still "believe"? Will those who accept that it''s unlikely still be waving white flags?

I genuinely never see us going into a game thinking that we can''t get anything out of it, thats what fans do, it''s got nothing to do with realism, being a fan is not an objective exercise, it''s a thing of passion and belief!

So for the sake of our sanity how should we go about supporting the club on Sunday? Especially those who are going?

Dream scenario = City win and Wolfie hat-trick.

Possible scenario = A point apiece.

Probable scenario = Chelsea win narrowly.

That''s about it factually and there''s little need to question our sanity or any need for bravado, flag-waving or self-kidology or false hopes.

We are football supporters and consequently aware that anything can happen in a game. We are also aware of what will likely happen ....... unfortunately. 

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]For the sake of your sanity...[/quote]I know that Robin Sanity, he has a column in the EDP. [:D]

its not so different to last season,

to avoid relegation we needed beat a top 7 side at home and a top three away following a very poor display in the third from last game.

Lightening does, occasionally, strike twice. it is ALL down to the players, play football with skill and thought not rush football based in testosterone.

COYY!