Sign in to follow this  
carrow77

We cannot be disappointed now

A few weeks ago the NCFC predicament was causing me sleepless nights (sad I know!) but im over it now.

Whilst I enjoy bring in the PL and everything that goes with it, going back to the Championshite should provide us with an interesting season. Different football to look forward to, hopefully we can hold on to some good players, score more goals and bring back a great atmosphere to Carrow Road....I know it''s not a given that we''ll bounce back but hopefully competing towards the top end of the league.

Lets be positive and embrace it.

With about a 1 in 12 chance of our game being on BEIN Sports channel, I surely can be disappointed. Plus, it''s hard to talk soccer with the few students who care about it when they only watch the top fee teams.

That''s my selfish take on things.

I salute the fine loyal body of season ticket holders who have endured two seasons of boring negative football at Carrow Rd with only the very occasional respite.

For many of them years of experience both watching and playing the sport enabled them to identify the deficiencies and advice freely proffered to the powers that be, was ignored until it was too late.

I have been precluded by time and distance from visiting Carrow Rd this season but have followed the Canaries by any means possible since 1946 and this season have been able to watch every game on TV both home and away. Next season it will be back to Canary World the way things are going. No matter what division it is the Canaries for me and I hope those long suffering season ticket holders will continue to support the boys.

[quote user="ashboy"]I salute the fine loyal body of season ticket holders who have endured two seasons of boring negative football at Carrow Rd with only the very occasional respite.

For many of them years of experience both watching and playing the sport enabled them to identify the deficiencies and advice freely proffered to the powers that be, was ignored until it was too late.

I have been precluded by time and distance from visiting Carrow Rd this season but have followed the Canaries by any means possible since 1946 and this season have been able to watch every game on TV both home and away. Next season it will be back to Canary World the way things are going. No matter what division it is the Canaries for me and I hope those long suffering season ticket holders will continue to support the boys.[/quote]Respect, Sir[Y]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]With about a 1 in 12 chance of our game being on BEIN Sports channel, I surely can be disappointed. Plus, it''s hard to talk soccer with the few students who care about it when they only watch the top fee teams.

That''s my selfish take on things.[/quote]1. Nobody gives a flying frig in a doughnut if you can''t watch matches on the telly.2. Its football, not soccer.3. "Top fee teams" I have no idea what that is.4. I still find the fact that you are entrusted with educating the future of murica, disturbing.

One advantage is that the plastics will disappear as they can''t watch the games on illegal streams and foreign broadcasters. Every cloud has a silver lining we get out club back

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]One advantage is that the plastics will disappear as they can''t watch the games on illegal streams and foreign broadcasters. Every cloud has a silver lining we get out club back[/quote][Y]

It''s soccer, Mork. Football is half a dozen sports you nitwit. The word soccer originated in England, too.

Fee should be "few" for those unable to figure their way past a typo. Seems there''s only one in that category.

I don''t abandon my family to go to work on a lube factory as a product tester. I see my kids every day.

Your obsession with me is creepy but amusing. Plenty of people enjoy my input. Far more people sh!t on your unimpressive "I thinks".

How drunk are you tonight? When you skipping town for Africa''s offshore? I bet the others are dreading your return. Working with a miserable loser like you must be draining. Do you act all tough out there, too?

The funniest thing here, is that you just keep on proving just how much of an embarrassing moron you are.God bless America!

Accusations but no substance, as usual. Proves who the moron is. To stupid auto o get a decent sleep before heading to the game.

Good plan! Cranky another day.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Accusations but no substance, as usual. Proves who the moron is. To stupid auto o get a decent sleep before heading to the game.

Good plan! Cranky another day.[/quote]Honestly, didn''t you see the poll? 94% of pinkun posters voted you "Most likely to be patheticlly moronic"

But you''re right, I should go to bed.And your utter tedium has helped me, no end[Y]

USA!!!USA!!!!

Honestly, don''t mean to have a jibe, but do they still say the pledge of allegiance in schools and before soccer or football (which is basically rugby with pads on incase you get hurt and basketball)

Sorry Houston but I agree with Morty and pretty much everyone else on this board - you''re an utter tool, clear enough for you?

Not a jibe at all, Miggins. Some days we do the pledge but nobody below admin knows what makes one day it happen and another not. I think they just forget. Whether the students participate is voluntary.

We and Canada at least do sing the anthems. Mexico does for internationals but not sure about domestics.

As for rugby with pads, not really. American and Canadian Football is .much faster and hard hitting, not that rugby isn''t violent but it is in a different way.

Rond, once again, WAY more people here dislike mork than me. He''s got his lackeys too, but most threads I see him on involve negativity directed at him.

If you don''t like what I say, criticize that so I can respond. Just saying I''m a tool is idiotic if there is nothing specific to the attack.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]The funniest thing here, is that you just keep on proving just how much of an embarrassing moron you are.God bless America![/quote]

Morty you appear to have small cock syndrome.[/quote]

Although Houston, it''s football mate. I''m in Australia and still it is and always will be football!

Aw come on harman! Your national team are called the Socceroos, not the Footballeroos. ;)

I''ll give you this: of all the brands of football, Association Football requires more ball to foot skill (by far) than any of the others I''m aware of. So calling it just plain football makes the most sense.

What do you guys call Aussie Rules Football, in general? Are both games referred to simply as football?

Seriously though, we all know the language evolves differently from place to plsce. My fries are their chips, but my chips are their crisps. I don''t get bothered by it and nobody else does for

real. Mork is a mean drunk and gets bullish when he has no

answer, but I doubt he fusses if someone else says soccer. He

can''t be that big an a-hole, can he? It''s mere semantics.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Aw come on harman! Your national team are called the Socceroos, not the Footballeroos. ;)

I''ll give you this: of all the brands of football, Association Football requires more ball to foot skill (by far) than any of the others I''m aware of. So calling it just plain football makes the most sense.

What do you guys call Aussie Rules Football, in general? Are both games referred to simply as football?

Seriously though, we all know the language evolves differently from place to plsce. My fries are their chips, but my chips are their crisps. I don''t get bothered by it and nobody else does for

real. Mork is a mean drunk and gets bullish when he has no

answer, but I doubt he fusses if someone else says soccer. He

can''t be that big an a-hole, can he? It''s mere semantics.

.[/quote]

Aussies call there code AFL (Australian Football League)

Stupid Aussies!

The biggest embarrassment I can ever remember on this board.

Houston if you want to talk to other Americans you can call it "soccer" and feel free to also talk about American football where you declare the winners the World Champions despite the fact no one else plays that sport.

But if you''re going to come on a forum to talk about football in England you''d better accept in the rest if the World there''s only one sport called football. It involves kicking the ball with your feet. The hint''s in the name.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Plenty of people enjoy my input.

.[/quote]

They really don''t.

Isn''t there some nearby gun crime you could go and get caught up in?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]The funniest thing here, is that you just keep on proving just how much of an embarrassing moron you are.God bless America![/quote]

Morty you appear to have small cock syndrome.[/quote]I really haven''t.Ask your missus.[:)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Not a jibe at all, Miggins. Some days we do the pledge but nobody below admin knows what makes one day it happen and another not. I think they just forget. Whether the students participate is voluntary.

We and Canada at least do sing the anthems. Mexico does for internationals but not sure about domestics.

As for rugby with pads, not really. American and Canadian Football is .much faster and hard hitting, not that rugby isn''t violent but it is in a different way.

Rond, once again, WAY more people here dislike mork than me. He''s got his lackeys too, but most threads I see him on involve negativity directed at him.

If you don''t like what I say, criticize that so I can respond. Just saying I''m a tool is idiotic if there is nothing specific to the attack.[/quote]Oh dear, how embarrassingly insecure.Yes Houston, everybody loves you and thinks you''re amazing.[:)]

Agreed Swindon. Those two need to get a room.

As a life long fan who has recently enjoyed the streams I am dissappointed too but on the flip side will find it easier to get a ticket.

Doesn''t matter if it''s called football or soccer does it? Fact is the team we all support hasn''t been playing either well enough this season!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]And yet another thread ends in bickering, we are all on here supporting Norwich, a common bond, lighten up lads.   [/quote]Sorry Sherriff[Y]