Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

New Manager

If it''s not Adams, when do you think we''ll get one ? Surely the Board won''t let it drag on too long, maybe they will have already been talking to candidates. Presumably there will be players that want their contracts sorted and we will certainly need a few more to be added for next season wherever we''re playing. For me IF we go down Malkay is the man.

If you want someone who will keep our best players and entice high calibre players and also inspire the fans we will need a name manager imo.  t Hoddle, Rosler, maybe.      Otherwise, it would be better to keep Adams imo,  bringing along the younger players and building on a longer term strategy.   I don''t think any of the usual candidates mentioned will be inspiring enough.    Lambert was the right appointment at the right time.  That is what we need - and we may have already made it, in appointing Adams.

[quote user="lake district canary"]   Lambert was the right appointment at the right time.  That is what we need - and we may have already made it, in appointing Adams.

[/quote]I don''t doubt that Adams might be the shrewd appointment we need, Lakey, but to compare to the Lambert situation is a little wide of the mark. Let''s not forget that PL had built up a few years league management experience at Livingston, Wycombe and Colchester before coming here. NA had absolutely none whatever. Do you not think that this is relevant ?

Please no ex city players,let''s have somebody not connected to Norwich.We need somebody to come in and be hard and fair with the players.Look what happens when we appoint ex players it goes tits up OTBC

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Between: Malky Lennon Adams Steve Clarke Zola Would love Zola[/quote]

Why? His record isn''t that great.

Adams is a club hero but in managerial terms an inexperienced panic appointment for the last 5 games. If he had somehow won 3 of those games then there may have been some argument but results speak for themselves. If he is serious about management he needs to get into the lower leagues and cut his teeth. We need a proven championship manager Malky picks himself for me now, if we had stayed up possibly not

If you think we''ll be getting Di Matteo or Laudrup you are going to be extremely disappointed when we appoint someone.

Yes, sadly I know I am going to be very disappointed but Di Matteo and Laudrup are exactly the type of managers we should be looking to get. Not Malky or Lennon, the safe bets. We need to go down a different route from the norm and try a different approach otherwise we will remain a yo-yo club.

As long as we have a tin pot board who probably don''t have any knowledge of managers outside of the UK we are always going to be underwhelmed by the manager we end up with. However this time I think their limited thinking may work out for the best. We all know it''s going to be Mackay, ex player, out of contract, Delia must be wetting herself. Luckily he has a fantastic championship record and although he''s hardly an exciting or expansive manager, he could be the safest bet going into next season.

Mackay for me. What he did at Cardiff was underrated and they have gone backwards without him. I think he has that air of authority, would really get the crowd behind him and knows how to get a club promoted.

I still have a feeling that McNally would want Lennon, though tops marks if he left Celtic and joined us a Championship side - that would warrant respect.

the associate director I know told me this week either lennon or adams they get a lot right but I hope they get both these wrong we need a manager who is going to build a team with style and flair and continue that if and when we get back to premiership no point appointing someone to get us up then freezes when we play man utd again I would go foreign and young up and coming manager

I know 3 associate directors and believe me they have no more knowledge of what goes on than any shareholder can glean at the AGM or by having a beer with Mr. McNally in The Nelson.

Let''s be honest, despite Adams hard run in I wouldn''t say his tactics have exactly been exciting? He''s given the players more freedom but it wasn''t that hard after watching hughton.

Failed to score at fulham, got it wrong first half at Liverpool. And completed dominated by united! After travelling up too watch I was pretty disappointed to watch us even threaten them.

For me I''d love to see someone like di Matteo/Lennon but I can''t see them wanting in. If not Eddie Howe or someone along them lines would be nice

it will be malky with adam''s as assistant, would not be suprised if it is not announced before june.

Not sure about Malky tactically, but I don''t think we would have prima donas or players not putting a shift in. I actually think he would be loyal so we would have stability, most others mentioned I think would do a Lambert the minute a bigger club came calling.

tilly that maybe true but some know more than others and this person has been right on many occasion I just hope not this time its a hard thing and easy just talking about it but the usual names are only going to get us up ( good in itself ) but then what ! lets plan longer term get the style of play we were known for back

Paul Cook at Chesterfield would be an interesting choice if we went for a manager who was relatively unproven in the higher divisions. Likes to play passing football, but probably needs at least a season''s more experience before being seriously considered.

It is pretty stupid that some seem intent on barring ex-players - surely it is more down to who is right/best, and tbh Malky is as good if not better than many names mentioned. He has decent experience including a winning the champs title last season which has to count in his favour, surely.

I would be stunned if it wasn''t Malky Mackay.

Fan favourite.

Delia favourite.

Recent Championship success - playoff semi final and league winner.

League Cup finalist.

Lennon, Laudrup and Di Matteo are pipe dreams now we are a Championship side again sadly.

[quote user="skippdogg"]it will be malky with adam''s as assistant, would not be suprised if it is not announced before june.[/quote]If it is Mackay (which would be fine by me) then he will probably want to have his two usual assistants, Kerslake and McBride. They were with him at Watford and Cardiff. If Adams wanted to stay he could be fitted in outside the first-team sqaud. Alternatively he might want to find a managerial position away from Norwich City, further down the football pyramid.