Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

What performance will we get today?

Will it be a "going through the motions" away performance with the players consigned to relegation, or will all the players deliver as a team and pull something out of the bag Sunderland style?

Were on tv which generally doesn''t bode well even more so away from home.

Bright and confident first ten minutes, carve out a half chance from a corner, concede a sloppy goal and then start thinking about summer transfers and leave Ruddy to it.

I''d accepted our fate around about the West Brom/Fulham games, and I''m actually feeling fairly chipper about the Championship.New players, new manager, a fresh start, the chance of winning some games and possibly beating the binners, dirty Leeds and we hate Wolves......But, I''d absolutely love it if we somehow pulled something out of the bag today.Purely to shut all you miserable (unts up.We''re probably going down. Get over it. Man up and try to find a bit of enjoyment in life rather than reveling in the fact that you''re right.Nobody died and nobody got pregnant.Life goes on.[Y]

Players now thinking about next season. Their agents already set up their next move. So expect a token gesture ending in capitulation.

it will be all out gung ho wild attacking turning it into a basketball game, we still wont score and then chelseas reserves will pick us off, then we will collapse and get done by 4 or 5, leroy fer''s lazy half @rsed display will be compared to damian francis, with constant coverage of Mcnally and Delia weeping like bitches for the last 30 minutessomething like that anyway

Impossible to predict with this set of players, the quality of performance varies week by week with only the surprise by fans that picking poor quality runarounds leads to poor results a constant.

What we must do is make a change, the same team has failed for 3 matches and conceded 8 goals in the process. Shore it up at the back, better defensive discipline from real defenders and try and hit on the break.

The score line usually reads chelsea 4 in this fixture - and its their last home game of the season so the odds are forever stacked against us. but maybe, just maybe the fact they lost on weds and they now have no realistic chance of the title may give us a chance.

We failed at Fulham, when it was ours for the taking, we played well against Liverpool and luck, and we didn''t turn up against Manure.

So take your pick!

To judge from comments made, no-one at CR can explain the collective "no-show" when it occurs. I suspect that after a confused and bemused season like this many -layers deep down just want to reach the end. So I can''t honestly see one of our better performances, - that may come against Arsenal with home support.

The only possibility would be if Adams has the courage to select one or two of the keener and one or two of the younger who may not be infected, oh, and if he really grasps that Whittaker is no answer to Hazard, or any other Chelsea player for that matter.

Needing a win and nothing less I hope we really have a good go even if we get turned over 8-0 ( not 9-0 or more as we wouldn''t want that lot from Suffolk losing that particular bragging right ). We''ve nothing to lose.It would be nice to meet Arsenal with something to play for too.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Needing a win and nothing less I hope we really have a good go even if we get turned over 8-0 ( not 9-0 or more as we wouldn''t want that lot from Suffolk losing that particular bragging right ). We''ve nothing to lose.It would be nice to meet Arsenal with something to play for too.

[/quote]

I''ve been thinking long and hard about this, and I''ve a feeling that Smithy above and Jas earlier will be correct. Just have a sneaking suspicion that we''ll get a decent showing today. After all, we''ve nothing to lose. But , I''m afraid, I still think we''ll lose. The fact that Chelsea are still in the title race guarantees that they will not be on the beach, and, in fairness, man for man they are just better players than us.