If by some miracle we manage to win the last two games and get to 38 points, the team we will probably need to be ahead of are Hull.  All the rest will get 38 or over imo  and with a better goal difference than us.   Hull could well lose their last two games against Manure and Everton, leaving them on 37.   It is our only hope!

Appropriate on May the fourth that relying on an old warrior like Steve Bruce is pretty much "our only hope". In other news, I can''t work out what your new signature means.

Go kiss morty''s rear end, you tit.

Mathematically we can catch more than Hull, so your ridiculous scenario isn''t our "only chance". There are more equally remote ones, Lumpy.

If you were again hoping for a thumbs up from your antihero, it won''t happen with this flimsy effort.

Not a fan of those who refuse to see and hear so they can claim to be better supporters as they joyfully applaud our descent while belittling real fans who use their senses.

This only becomes relevant if we somehow take the 3 points today. But if we were to then yes Hull look to be catchable as do West Brom, also Sunderland but their games look as though they should be fine. The problem lies in that we won''t beat Chelsea and will be all but relegated today.

Sadly I think Hull could get something out of these two games if we were to win today.

Man United are awful this year and their players will be focussing on the World Cup, and Everton''s season is now over.

But who knows, get that win today and we might have a chance.

Thank you for all the kind words.  Imo Sunderland and WBA  have the easier looking fixtures and will more than likely get to 38 or more.  Hull though have the trickier looking fixtures and a cup final on their minds.   Maybe not our only hope, but the most likely one imo.

Coincidently a similar thought crossed my mind yesterday after Hull lost to a very poor weakened Villa side. But then having seen Manure play against Sunderland, a performance which was even worse than against us I agree that Hull stand every chance of picking up a point as the buzz around Giggsy has now gone. BUT, if, if, if we do get a sneaky, lucky win against an out of form Chelsea, then who knows what could happen.......dont know what odds you would get down the bookies right now for us to survive???

Houston. I thought that this message board was for people to air their opinions. LDC has backed Hughton for a long while, but it is naive of you and others on here to assume that the board pays any attention to opinions on this board.

They decided (probably incorrectly) to persevere with him for so long.

The amount of insults towards LDC from you and others because of his positive opinions is completely unnecessary. I guess we are all frustrated by results, but those with positive opinions could not influence anything that happens on the pitch.

Why don''t you cool down and accept what happens in the last two games as no insults towards other posters will affect the scores or our final position.

The thing is that Lakey, Morty, and several others of the self appointed ''experts'' on this forum, told us on several occasions in March that  the safety line was going to be app 35 points this season. And when many of us suggested that that was unlikely, and it was probably going to be nearer the 38-39 point mark, we were roundly dismissed in the patronising, offhand manner that this group like to use as their modus operanda.As per usual this fact has been swept under the carpet by these ''experts'', presumably on the basis that they hope that in the maelstrom that surrounds our impending relegation,the rest of us will have forgotten this faux pas. As with so many of their other pronouncements (eg that we would be OK, Hughton was the right man for the job, the rest of us were pant wetters'' etc) they have been shown to be hopelessly and spectacularly wrong.

Ultimately, anything is possible, 2 wins and there is a chance but in all honesty we had better chances this season to get the points required rather than relying on a hell of a lot of luck or what other teams around us are doing.Todays game will decide our fate.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The thing is that Lakey, Morty, and several others of the self appointed ''experts'' on this forum, told us on several occasions in March that  the safety line was going to be app 35 points this season. And when many of us suggested that that was unlikely, and it was probably going to be nearer the 38-39 point mark, we were roundly dismissed in the patronising, offhand manner that this group like to use as their modus operanda.As per usual this fact has been swept under the carpet by these ''experts'', presumably on the basis that they hope that in the maelstrom that surrounds our impending relegation,the rest of us will have forgotten this faux pas. As with so many of their other pronouncements (eg that we would be OK, Hughton was the right man for the job, the rest of us were pant wetters'' etc) they have been shown to be hopelessly and spectacularly wrong.[/quote]

Oh not again!  How many times are you going to do this????   I have never said anything about 35 points being the safety margin.  Never.  So you can take your "patronising, offhand manner" -  the very same thing you accuse people of and demonstrate so well yourself - and go and take your  inaccurate vindictiveness somewhere else.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"].......dont know what odds you would get down the bookies right now for us to survive???[/quote]We''re 1/33 to go down on Oddschecker so I suppose we''d be about 33/1 to stay upSunderland are 40/1, WBA 50/1 and Hull 150/1 to go down so I''d say it''s all over bar the shouting.

Hull do look like they are the catchable team but WBA also have a difficult last 2 games. Sunderland next who only needs a win to secure, and then stoke who are not pushovers

But that said WE still need 2 more wins for any of this to mean anything beat chelsea today and who knows

OTBC

[quote user="Surfbird"]Houston & Reggie are the ones talking nonsense not LDC and Morty.[/quote]Well there were at least 3 threads running about the end Mar/Early Apr (I think one was called ''Premier Lge Predictor'') in which all sorts of experts ...Ricardo was another, opined that if we got 35 pts we''d be OK . I think one idiot even suggested that we''d get 33 pts and stay up.So,it''s not nonsense. Just check it out and see.And Lakey. It''s not vindictive. It''s merely reminding people about some of the carp they''ve written in the last few months. And the kindergarten insults that have been dished out to those who dared to disagree with them.

[quote user="morty"]Oh do shut your tedious whining reggie.[/quote]You are just SO predictable and easy to wind up Morts.The only true thing you''ve said recently is that you are good at arguing. Spot on.But reasoned debate and informed comment passes you by, sadly.And, as I said above, when you''ve been shown to be wrong ( all too easy), the silly insults and name calling soon follow.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Surfbird"]Houston & Reggie are the ones talking nonsense not LDC and Morty.[/quote]Well there were at least 3 threads running about the end Mar/Early Apr (I think one was called ''Premier Lge Predictor'') in which all sorts of experts ...Ricardo was another, opined that if we got 35 pts we''d be OK . I think one idiot even suggested that we''d get 33 pts and stay up.So,it''s not nonsense. Just check it out and see.And Lakey. It''s not vindictive. It''s merely reminding people about some of the carp they''ve written in the last few months. And the kindergarten insults that have been dished out to those who dared to disagree with them.[/quote]

What you need to realise is that at the time everyone is just guessing, no-one really knows how the season is going to pan out, accept that your guess was luckier than theirs and move on, if their opinion of your guess has upset you then you really shouldn''t be posting on a public forum.

I thought 36 points was going to be enough. Sunderlands run of form has smashed all predictions through the window though. Ironically had they not have hit this unexpected form then it looks like 32 would have been enough to have stayed up!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"] And Lakey. It''s not vindictive. It''s merely reminding people about some of the carp they''ve written in the last few months. And the kindergarten insults that have been dished out to those who dared to disagree with them.[/quote]

Sounded fairly vindictive to me - and you specifically referred to me saying 35 points would be enough.  I haven''t done that, approximately or otherwise, ever - I am always of the view that it takes what it takes.  So you are wrong on that, not that you would ever admit to it.......

[quote user="morty"]Whine whine whine.......[/quote]No point whining.  Hughton''s squad has taken us down, relegation will likely be confirmed by 16:28 this afternoon.Once the relegation is confirmed there is no point recriminating about the past manager''s failure.Time to move on and hope the new man will sort the squad and bring about a reversal in fortunes. We are extremely well placed financially to pull this off.

I like most ice creams; strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, it doesn''t really matter on a sunny day like today. I''ve recently got into Ben and Jerry''s chocolate brownie ice creams as they come in little cartons so you can treat yourself and have it in one go, or you can save it for the next day, they''re half price at the moment in tescos. The only ice cream flavour i don''t particularly like is orange, a find them too tangy for my liking. I''ve noticed that this flavour is rarely found in ice cream, but more in ice lollies which is lucky for me as i''m not a big fan of the lollies, however I do occasionally enjoy the odd Fab or Twister, you know the ones with green and white spirals going down them. The great thing about ice cream is that you don''t have to eat it all at once, if you feel full, just pop in back in the freezer for another day, its as simple as that.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Sounded fairly vindictive to me - and you specifically referred to me saying 35 points would be enough.  I haven''t done that, approximately or otherwise, ever - I am always of the view that it takes what it takes.  So you are wrong on that, not that you would ever admit to it.......[/quote]Well, not for the first time Lakey; that''s where you are wrong.If you categorically deny ever saying that 35 pts would be enough, then I''ll take your word for it, and I apologise. I''m happy to dissociate you from the Mar /Apr points predictor ''experts''. But please do not try and pretend that these threads don''t exist . They are there in black and white. But to answer the other point (by ALOS), it''s not the threads/opinions/predictions that I was objecting to. It is the belittling of those who did not agree with them at the time, coupled with the attempts to sweep it under the carpet ,that irks a bit.