Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Todays team

1. Norwich XI: Ruddy; Martin (c), R Bennett, Turner, Whittaker; Tettey; Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, Olsson; Elmander.

pleased to see olsson playing further upbutwe aint going to score sheeeeeeeet with elmander up top

Am actually pleased to see Elmander starting, he should be able to hold the ball up better than the other options and relieve pressure on the defence.

If we''re going to go with one up top at the Bridge, Elmander''s the man for the job.How''s the defence lining up? Whittaker at left back? I''d have picked Garrido....

Have fancied Olssen playing mid field, he can get to the bye line and get in a cross, also gives a bit more cover at the back.

We''ll be lucky to register a shot on target with that team

That was my first thought along with that looks like an average Championship team. Fer absence is interesting, wonder if we will see him again

Nil pace up front.  Nil pace in midfield going forward.  Tettey the only player with enough speed to match the chelsea players.  One way traffic methinks.... but I hope I''m wrong.

I am a little surprised that there is no Redmond or Elliott Bennett, as if we are to park two buses, which I hope we do in this instance, there is a requirement for some pace should we get a break.....so, not sure what NA''s doing here without that outlet to be honest..... 

whittaker left back, up against schurrle. oh dear. if we wanna hit on the counter why not go with Bennett & Redmond on the wings.

Yes, this does look rather like the basis of our team for next season if we are relegated! Minus Ruddy Snoddy and Elmander.

I think Adams is quite fairly just picking the hardest working players. We are lacking skill and pace, which will probably count against us, but when you consider the players that are skilful or pacey (Fer, Redmond, etc) - they''ve looked so lazy or poor recently that we''re not missing much.

Basically its like when you''re playing Champ Manager and you''re on a horrific losing streak, you''ve tried every combination of players and formation, and eventually you''re left with almost no one you can trust to do a job, so you just put out a team of grafters to try and get something!

Very much going to park the bus and hope for a miricle.

What a pathetic cheap comment Jenkins.....I was referring to forward players rather than a full back who can also play further up the field, why are some on here continually looking to pick holes in what others say and judging them......as it happens I am writing this on my ipad from Stamford Bridge.......shows what you know doesnt it.  

pleased redmond dropped and olsson playing in midfield, have wanted that for a while.

As for the striker option...we have no viable option they are all poor so it wouldnt matter who is up there altho Elmander or Becchio would have been my choice, the other 2 have failed to many times.

If it wasnt olsson there it should have been E bennet other than that, i thin it looks ok

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]whittaker left back, up against schurrle. oh dear. if we wanna hit on the counter why not go with Bennett & Redmond on the wings.[/quote]

Because Redmond has been garbage for the last few weeks

fair comment city4eva, tend to agree

Subs:Bassong, van Wolfswinkel, Fer, Hooper, Bunn, Elliott Bennett, Redmond.

city4eva wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 3:25 PM:

pleased redmond dropped and olsson playing in midfield, have wanted that for a while.

Can''t see that happening though. Surely three in the middle at the back and Olsson and Whittaker wingbacks.

Unfortunately we will have nothing to hit them with on the break as we have no pace whatsoever except for Olsson.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 3:24 PM:

What a pathetic cheap comment Jenkins.....I was referring to forward players rather than a full back who can also play further up the field, why are some on here continually looking to pick holes in what others say and judging them......as it happens I am writing this on my ipad from Stamford Bridge.......shows what you know doesnt it.

What an extraordinary reaction to a post replying to LDC''s comments.

Our only hope is from set plays ............ if only we can get far enough forward to win a corner!

This is disappointing, my goodness I hope I am wrong.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Nill pace mid field?

It must be hard to pick up on Ollsen''s pace on a little screen![/quote]

Cant even spell his name right! Idiot!