Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Our best away performance of the season?

As a stand alone performance this surely has to be the best away performance of our season. Beat Arsenal next week and even if we do go down there are signs of improvement. Sadly though it looks to be too little too late.

Sadly if we beat Arsenal, and I''ve always thought we will, it will count for absolutely nothing

I think so, excellent performance. Thought Olsson carried a good threat down the left and excellent graft from everybody. What a shame such a resilient and focussed performance was missing from Old Trafford

Same, I always thought that we''d win against Arsenal and Palace would put Fulham down on the last day.Sadly, Sunderland remembered how to play football since then.

we played defensively and didnt concede

props to adams as hughton didnt manage to do that too many times

players actually looked like they were playing for their careers/the club/premier league status for the first time in two season

Yep, have to give a lot of credit to Adams as well as the team for not completely folding and giving their all for whatever they could. Can''t pillory the ref as he missed penalties for both teams and honestly 2 for Chelsea.

However how Snodgrass didn''t score his chance is laughably pathetic.

[quote user="im spartacus"]the fans and the team were magnificent its a yes from me [:D][/quote]
Great support from the fans today, did it sound good on the tv?
Chelsea fans disappointing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]the fans and the team were magnificent its a yes from me [:D][/quote]
[/quote]

Must have been a good match to be at.  A tinge of disappointment that we didn''t win though, given what we needed from today? 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]the fans and the team were magnificent its a yes from me [:D][/quote]
[/quote]it sounded fantastic morty...but the funniest song was a rare chelsea outburstSteve gerrard gerrardhe slipped on his arse his arseand gave it to demba basteve gerrard gerrard             [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]the fans and the team were magnificent its a yes from me [:D][/quote]
[/quote]

Must have been a good match to be at.  A tinge of disappointment that we didn''t win though, given what we needed from today? 

[/quote]
Fantastic match to be at. No disappointment whatsoever, we couldnt have done anything more than we did, and in the grand scheme its not two points dropped today that will relegate us.

By far the best performance.

Against a side who could still win the big prize.

With the rest of the world including most of us berating all and sundry for being inadequate and spineless.

With a referee who may have evened up the penalty decisions but that still denies us the possibility of having the chance to take the lead and altering the outcome of the match.

The management team on the sideline showed they had positive tactical thinking with their line up and changes.

The players showed the discipline that has too often been missing against better sides. We did not cave in and of course against the stats and run of play could have nicked a win with Snodgrass late chance.

And of course the fans who have had to put up with so many awful performances while supporting their team miles from home.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]the fans and the team were magnificent its a yes from me [:D][/quote]
[/quote]it sounded fantastic morty...but the funniest song was a rare chelsea outburstSteve gerrard gerrardhe slipped on his arse his arseand gave it to demba basteve gerrard gerrard             [:D][/quote]
[:D]
I didnt hear that, their fans were mostly silent, despite us giving them a fair bit of stick!

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 7:05 PM:

By far the best performance.

Against a side who could still win the big prize.

With the rest of the world including most of us berating all and sundry for being inadequate and spineless.

With a referee who may have evened up the penalty decisions but that still denies us the possibility of having the chance to take the lead and altering the outcome of the match.

The management team on the sideline showed they had positive tactical thinking with their line up and changes.

The players showed the discipline that has too often been missing against better sides. We did not cave in and of course against the stats and run of play could have nicked a win with Snodgrass late chance.

And of course the fans who have had to put up with so many awful performances while supporting their team miles from home.

Great post, this is Norwich!