Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Chelsea Vs Norwich - Match Thread

Morty reporting live from the bridge.

I thought that was a pretty decent half!

Well, that was nerve-racking! 
Defensive organisation has been solid. 2 good banks of four plus Tettey roaming between midfield and defence has mostly nullified the Chelsea attack. We''ve done really well in the wide zones to double up on players but I think Snodgrass has sometimes left Martin a little too exposed.
Passing, by and large, has been much better than it was the previous week. Passing Accuracy at Half-time this week is 70%, last week it was in the low 60''s. Johnson has had an awful passing game. His general tracking of runs has been good and his defensive discipline are big pluses, but  a 52% passing accuracy is unacceptable. 
If we were to go more attacking, you would take Johnson off and either bring Redmond or E. Bennett on and move Snodgrass inside. Snodgrass play is too important to this side to sacrifice. I would leave this until the final 15-20 minutes personally. 
Oh, and that was a definite penalty.  

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The only thing Chelsea''s defence would have to think about it is how easy it is to defend against a winger who can''t cross or shoot.[/quote]yeh snodgrass is exactly like that, his crossing is woeful, the set piece we did have went up high and away from goal, as per usualat least redmonds quick, which is my point entirely, the should have been penalty was caused by olssons pace getting in behind, theyve got a bunch of big old men back there, put a quick youngster on and see how they like itashley cole is wandering around in acres of space mainly because snodgrass cant push him back

What we need is a Snodmond or Redgrass.

You can''t argue (can you?) that Snoddy has delivered more concrete goals and assists though.

Classic example of the good and bad on this site, phllip j fry with a good assessment and tactical suggestion. Iron Stan with unnecessary attack of snodgrass, probably the player on the pitch most likely to score for us!

None of these options have worked in recent weeks (or all season really?!) so why not give Elliot Bennett 20 - 30 minutes - we have missed him all season and who knows what he could bring in these last two critical games..?

Damn you, false hope! OTBC!

Really happy with that half. Can we keep them out and nick one ourselves now.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]What we need is a Snodmond or Redgrass.

You can''t argue (can you?) that Snoddy has delivered more concrete goals and assists though.[/quote]hahahah nah i cant

although hughton would have probably played redgrass at centre back

Because as much as I respect Bennett, he''s never been good enough to be an automatic first team choice, and he hasn''t played for months. Yes as a desperate last minute gamble but not before then.

So Hoddle thinks Chelsea should have had a penalty.

All those caps and you still don''t know that obstruction is an indirect free kick.

That was a class piece of grid-iron obstruction from Turner in fairness. Good to see a bit more steel in the tackle from many of the boys today.

Come on you Yellows - more of the same and the chances will come... OTBC!

Were gonna be up against it this half with Hazard and Luiz on... keep strong City!!

Come on Neil, can''t you see what a difference bringing on multi-million pound substitutes can do for the performance....?

How long before we see another laughable striker cameo from RZW, Hoops or both?

And this surprises you why exactly? It was always going to be backs to the wall at times - luck and grit defending plus nicking an unlikely goal was always going to be our most likely chance of an upset!

Commentaters on tv here in canada are really pissing me off if our shout for a penalty was never a penalty how was that a penalty that should have been given oh yea commentater x chelsea player

One thing is for sure - this is a performance full of heart, by players that haven''t given up and are working hard for each other. As long as we keep fighting I''ll be relatively proud of the players no matter what happens.

Agreed stan - now is definitely a good time for Redmond.

Elmander is excellent today - maybe Redmond could play behind him? I''d be tempted to take Howson off for Redmond. But then he does help keep the ball moving. johnson perhaps? But then we lose some bite. Decisions...

Ah. Elmander off for Redmond. Not pleased with that - we won''t hold up the ball at all now. We''ll have to pass it better in midfield now.

[quote user="Fubar"]Bizarre substitution that defies belief...?![/quote]

Have to say i agree, guessing adams thinks redmond is a better CF than any of the recognised strikers