Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Chelsea Vs Norwich - Match Thread

A little early to get started.  I''m sure Purple will insert the exciting lineup later.

We all know if we lose today then the curtain comes down. So, particularly for the sake of those supporters on the way to Stamford Bridge, let''s hope our boys at least put on a performance today win, lose or draw. We may not have the skill of those we are facing but no man or team has a corner on attitude. The television sets are on around the world and I hope that we show the same attitude we demonstrated against Liverpool. OTBC.

I just hope that today, in possibly Neil Adam''s penultimate match in charge, that he is adventurous enough to name a team that is a little bit different to the teams that have failed us all season.

I do not necessarily mean a complete change of personnel, more a change of approach.

Be your own man today Neil.

"We all know if we lose today then the curtain comes down."

Not if Sunderland get the 1 point deduction which it is alleged the laws require.

[quote user="Jenkins"]"We all know if we lose today then the curtain comes down." Not if Sunderland get the 1 point deduction which it is alleged the laws require.[/quote]

If the authorities were going to apply a one point deduction it would have already happened. No sir, never going to happen, unless it is applied after the fact when it makes no difference to the outcome of the relegated teams. 

Chelsea: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Matic; Salah, Willian, Schurrle; Ba.Subs: Hilario, Kalas, D Luiz, Van Ginkel, Hazard, Torres, Eto’o.

Norwich City: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Turner, Whittaker; Tettey; Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, Olsson; Elmander.Subs: Bunn, Bassong, van Wolfswinkel, Fer, Hooper, E Bennett, Redmond.

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Lampard, Schurrle, Salah, Matic, Willian, Demba Ba

Norwich:  Ruddy, Martin, Whittaker, Turner, Bennett, Johnson, Snodgrass, Howson, Olsson, tettey, Elmander

Chelsea have game changers such as Luiz, Hazard, Torres and Eto on the bench. If we can get past this it will be the biggest miracle since the parting of the Red Sea. 

Happy with this team, going out to park the bus with a good bench to come on if things go wrong.

Best tactics for the day.

Apologies Purple. I was doing it at the same time. Thought you might be downing a little beverage to help see you through today.

Parking the bus is the very same tactic that put us in this mess in the first place.Genius.

If points are deducted it''ll be for next season. I''m sure Sunderland won''t mind losing one point. To be fair after their recent run of results they deserve to stay up!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Apologies Purple. I was doing it at the same time. Thought you might be downing a little beverage to help see you through today.

[/quote]Yankee, I had my hands full squashing a few internet myths and, er, factual inaccuracies (to put it kindly) that have started to infest this message-board...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Yankee, I had my hands full squashing a few internet myths and, er, factual inaccuracies (to put it kindly) that have started to infest this message-board...

[/quote]

Sounds like some off-season infestation material is building for the summer. We just call them bugs here.

? wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 3:39 PM:

Parking the bus is the very same tactic that put us in this mess in the first place.

Genius.

Share your tactics for this game with us

A couple of threads of hope for today''s game:Line up against Athletico Madrid:vs Athletico Madrdid:   Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ramires, Luiz; Oscar, Willian, Hazard, Torres

vs Norwich City FC:     Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Matic; Salah, Willian, Schurrle, Ba.1.) Chelsea''s defence will be physically tired after their Champions League game on Wednesday.2.) Some of the younger might not respond well to Jose''s talk about not giving their all.

-or-1.) The players will be pi55ed after being dumped out of the Champions League and come out with their adrenaline all flared up and wanting to win the Prem.2.) The younger players will want to prove their worth.Wow... outside the realm of family health, I haven''t felt this hopeful in a long time.ON THE BALL CITY!!!!!

Attack them, of course. This is football, and we need to win. To do that, you score goals.Besides, actually entertaining for the first time this season would make a refreshing change.

Turner already screwing up gifting Chelsea chances. It''s hilarious that people think this guy should ever see the field at this level. It''s hilarious that we pay him to play soccer.

Fucking joke how is that not a penalty

def pen, chelsea would have got it.

agree with above Johnson cannot pass the ball but that has been clear to see all season

[quote user="JF"]Fucking joke how is that not a penalty[/quote]

Agreed. How it wasn''t is shocking.

Wow, another stone wall penalty not given for us. Quelle surprise.

I have to say it''s been a bright start, and Elmander has been excellent so far as the lone target man - although he hasn''t been targeted by any long balls or crosses yet, his hold up and linking play has been spot on.

Make no mistake.

If you mirrored that penalty claim up the other end the ref would be pointing to the spot.

That''s not to say we would have scored it!