Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Adams offered job full time.

After last time I really hope the board acknowledge the fact whoever comes in full time has a massive job on their hands - and that needs experience

If true, many on here will be very happy about that....well, that is based on the support he received when appointed in place of CH........I wonder? 

Wow. I''d like to know what evidence there is to suggest he''s the right man. Could be the start of another dark period for this club, and the ruining of another popular ex player''s reputation. I can''t believe they would just offer it to him rather than let him apply along with others. If he kept us up, then maybe.. or if we''d played brilliantly in his 3 games so far, but we still go down.. then maybe. But to offer it to him now? Madness. Hope it''s just rumours.

I''m not dressing it as fact, and the person that has put it says his source is hit and miss, but definitely has contacts at LMA, and I do believe him. Posts on here, seems a good bloke and wouldn''t deliberately spread bollocks.

[quote user="splutcho"]Is the rumour on Twitter. Jesus wept.[/quote]If true, wouldn''t be just Jesus weeping..................

It will not be Adams. I have been told this by a director.*---*Actually a former director.**---**Actually a former director of an Essex-based Football League club rather than NCFC.***---***Actually a former director of this Essex-based Football League club who said he''d never heard of Neil Adams.****___****But he said whatever he hadn''t heard about Neil Adams he had not heard it on twitter, so I think that testifies to his credibility.

If Adams was given the role I think a lot could depend on who gets brought in to add to the coaching staff. It''s very thin on the ground right now and he does need experience around him.

There needs to be a cull in playing staff and a revamp as its clear from some of the tweets floating around and people missing from the squad that either he or the club doesn''t have full support of some of the players.

But if he can take a team this poor to Stamford Bridge and walk away with a point when Mourinho needs a win....he''s proven he has some ability.

Does anyone honestly believe any of the names mentioned would have done better performance or results wise if they had the same 5 games?

It could be great, could be a disaster, but so could a proven manager, the last one being the most obvious example.

I am pro Adams but I just wish he had more management experience.

If it''s just a rumour, so why get upset if you don''t like it? That makes little sense. It''s not even real! (yet).

I don''t share your despondancy though. I think Neil Adams would be a superb full-time appointment. He knows more about human motivation than most!

I find it very difficult to believe that the Board would appoint Adams before knowing for certain which league we will be in next year. Surely even they wouldn''t appoint an almost complete rookie into the Manager''s chair if by some miracle we retain our Premiership status?

I have been wondering whether we might announce our new/permanent manager at/before the Arsenal game - maybe unlikely but if it is Adams then it is quite possible.

I think it would be a tough one for him to cope with, a (rather likely) relegated side inevitably losing players and identifying/getting in new guys quickly, in a World Cup year. I do have big concerns - look at some of the crap we brought in under Gunn (admittedly along with Holt, he was entitled to get one right among the tripe!), who was apparently using his contacts with the best in SAF.

no way, not good enough, i have not seen anything that makes me think he could be a long term manager. out of his depth.

with the exception of Lambert worthington Delia has presided over many many silly, inept, bad managerial appointments. If this is true with other experienced tried and tested championship managers out there then it will be another to add to their set

I like the fact that Adams has a more attacking mindset than Hughton. Tactically I think he got today right. But he''s got more wrong. This far he hasn''t done enough to warrant getting the job over someone with more experience. I''d be all for him in an Assistant role though, or prominent coaching position.

[quote user="Wiz"]I am pro Adams but I just wish he had more management experience.[/quote]

I could quite easily see Malky brought in and Adams being his right hand man in some way.

Now that we''re near enough relegated we need someone who can get us back up. Someone who knows how to deal with players and agents etc., something Adams has not yet got. Only one man free... Malkay

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Managers dont deal with agents tho.[/quote]

Take your point, meant the whole business together with the CEO of deciding which players to release, sign etc.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]What sort of football have Bournemouth been playing this season? If it''s been decent then Eddie Howe would probably be my choice.

[/quote]
That''s a really random thing to say?
"I''ve not watched any of his team''s games this season, but if they''re playing alright then I''ll have him as my first choice".
Just sounds odd. What exactly is it about Howe that you like? He''s been decent for Bournemouth, but he was an abject failure at Burnley.