If we go down, could Surman, who is still our player, have a role to play?  Our midfield has suffered from a lack of cohesion and the one thing he excels at is linking with intelligent runners and is proven at championship level.   I can envisage him, Redmond and hopefully Ollson working well on the left, with Bennett on the right linking with Howson and Martin.   If we can keep Tettey I believ this offers our best chance of promotion back, with Hooper and RVW staying to prove themselves.                     Ruddy       Martin Bennett Turner Ollson           Howson Tettey Surman    E.Bennett    Hooper     Redmond                        

Yep, he''ll be a welcome addition back in our team. He has his limitations, but he''s technically one of our better players. Could be a useful Snoddy replacement and Redmond could switch to his natural side or Bennet could go back to right wing.

Would rather have Leroy any day. Surman is ok but was not always a regular pick after all.

I would rather us still think PL standards when relegated rather than prematurely think bog standard Championship players.

He only has a year left on his contract, he by all accounts wants to be south coast based and was deemed surplus to requirements by this club.

I''d love him back, but surely the likelihood is he will move permanently and we will cash in rather than have a potentially unhappy player who we then lose on a free?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27187805

That being said his latest comments seem to suggest he may be open to returning...

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Would rather have Leroy any day. Surman is ok but was not always a regular pick after all.

I would rather us still think PL standards when relegated rather than prematurely think bog standard Championship players.

[/quote]I doubt Leroy will hang around somehow....

[quote user="im spartacus"]wasn''t he certified as lightweight by football experts on the pinkun ? and therefore surplus to requirements [:D]
[/quote]

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Good footballer, on the ball is very technically gifted but it is a case of finding a position for him.

Is he strong enough to play CM? Some would say no but Fox done it in the Championship and strength was hardly his primary attribute. P.S - Fox is another potential candidate for playing next season depending on who we lose in the summer.

Alternatively do you play him on the wing? He isn''t going to get in behind very often - how good is he at crossing? I can''t remember.

I do remember him scoring a couple of good goals with good finishes, however.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]LDC I don''t agree with you much. However if that was our starting 11 for the championship I''d be very happy.[/quote]I''m shocked lincoln.  [:O]There''s no Hoolahan! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]LDC I don''t agree with you much. However if that was our starting 11 for the championship I''d be very happy.[/quote]I''m shocked lincoln.  [:O]There''s no Hoolahan! [;)][/quote]

If Hoolahan was there, my mood would be upgraded to ecstatic.

Hoolahan would be great for us next year, but the guy deserves to be somewhere where he can be appreciated.

[quote user="Herman "]

In your house?

(Or more likely, cellar).[:D]

[/quote][:D]

In the Championship, now seeming to be our destiny, he would be very useful. On the left we have few natural left footers - Olsson, supremely, plus Garrido, who may be off, plus Johnson,Wes, Josh and Pilks (-it fit). I think that Redders has now demonstrated that he is much less effective on the left.

He is not a natural defender, being slight in build, but he has some delightful touches and is good with dead balls.Above all, he covers great distances, and we have seen him head the ball off our line on quite a few occasions.

If we are relegated, I hope that he will play for us and play as well as he has done at Bournemouth.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Norwich or die tryin!"]Not good enough. Do we want to go straight back up or settle for mid table.

Not sure why you''d think that. Surman was instrumental in us winning promotion from the championship last time. He''s also been excellent for Bournemouth.[/quote]Are you officially ditching Hoolahan for Surman, as your man-crush?

Surmans a good squad player but it will all depend on home many players move on, I suspect most with real ability will be gone.

We should invest in an improving right back, better cbs and midfielders with pace power and who can actually pass.

And of course a couple of strikers is essential. Hooper perfect for next season but will need some one stronger in the air. Perhaps guidetti!!

Any recommendations?

I''m quite saddened really to think that some of us are already into Championship thinking whilst we still have a Premier League squad on our payroll. A pretty poor Premier League squad for sure, but a Premier League squad nonetheless.

A bit of tinkering will of course be required and we are likely to unwillingly lose a few but that''s no reason to drag up past ''heroes,'' especially as our seat at the top table is still warm.

Who next? Simeon Jackson?

Bit surprised you think we need better CB''s zipper, I expect Bassong will move on, best for all concerned probably. But Turner and Bennett would mop the floor with most Strikers in that division if we can keep both.

Depending on who ends up leaving its Midfield and upfront that needs the most attention.

If the back four lined up as Martin, Turner, Bennett, Olsson next year I''d be happy. If Ruddy is behind them still I''d be ecstatic!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Norwich or die tryin!"]Not good enough. Do we want to go straight back up or settle for mid table.

Not sure why you''d think that. Surman was instrumental in us winning promotion from the championship last time. He''s also been excellent for Bournemouth.[/quote]Are you officially ditching Hoolahan for Surman, as your man-crush?[/quote]

Ok pin dick.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Norwich or die tryin!"]Not good enough. Do we want to go straight back up or settle for mid table.

Not sure why you''d think that. Surman was instrumental in us winning promotion from the championship last time. He''s also been excellent for Bournemouth.[/quote]Are you officially ditching Hoolahan for Surman, as your man-crush?[/quote]

Ok pin dick.[/quote]

Wounded[:(]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]wasn''t he certified as lightweight by football experts on the pinkun ? and therefore surplus to requirements [:D][/quote]

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

[/quote]As does Fer.