Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Who goes? Who stays?

Going through our squad, excluding youth lads coming through, I can see around only 13 of our current players being in our squad for next season.

Of these 13, I believe today has shown we can still have a strong backbone of a team to compete strongly next season.

The back 4 are good enough forbthe Champ. Bennett and Turner can excel there. Midfields in Champ do not come much better than Howson, Johnson and Tettey. If Snods goes as expected, we would need to replace, even with E Bennett on his way back.

Hooper should be good at champ, though 2 more strikers needed.

By my conservative estimates, I believe we could bring in £15m with our departures, which would help fund around 6/7 key new players.

Get a manager in who knows what is needed for the Championship and together with these 13, and things can look good again.

Stay

R Martin

R Bennett

Turner

Whittaker?

Olsson

Howson

Johnson

Redmond

Hooper

Surman

E Bennett

Garrido?

Tettey - unsure if out of contract, but would keep

Need

GK (with Rudd as No.2)

CB

RW

CF x2

AMC

Out

Ruddy £6m?

Pilks £2m?

Hoolahan £1m?

Snods £3.5m?

Bassong - out of contract

Yobo - out of contract

Jonas - out of contract

Elmander - out of contract

Wolf - (loan out for season)

Fer - get money back on him - £4.5m

Nash - out of contract

Unsure

Bunn - out of contract?

Fox - 1 yr left on contract?

Becchio - unsure what''s going to happen here

If Becchio stays he will get at least 46 goals next season in the Championship alone.  RvW will have a release contract which consists of us saying "don''t let the door hit your useless ar$e on the way out" in Dutch, at which point he rejoins a club in Portugal for half what we paid for him.  However you have to say this three times in the mirror at midnight or it won''t work.  Or maybe that was a film called "Candyman" I saw a few years ago.

Lets hope Becchio is still willing to play for us as he knows the championship inside out. Winkel is too lightweight for the champioship.

The team playing today was a good Championship side and I hope as many of them as possible are retained.

I agree with most of your ins and outs although I think Ruddy may stay, at least until January, unless a big club want him as their number 1.

I really want Snodgrass to stay but suspect he will be off. I also think we might struggle to keep Olsson. Two players who have shown they are of this level in a dire season.

I would also keep Fox, Becchio, Surman, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Garrido and Bunn if we can but I suspect many if not all won''t be here next season.

I really think we should do whatever possible to keep Ruddy, Turner, Bennett, Howson, Johnson and Hooper as that is the spine of a very good championship side.

At least 5 of last years youth squad have to be first on the list to keep.....if relegation has one benefit it is the opportunity to get these lads in the side regularly so hopefully they will have the ability to step up to the premiership the folllowing season! All they need is OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I expect Hooper would score goals in the Championship I don''t think he''s particularly looked like he really cares about what league Norwich are in next season.

Understand it''s not easy when you''re not getting picked but I''ve not seen too many games where I''ve thought Hooper has really fought for Norwich City.

Monty13 wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 9:40 PM:

The team playing today was a good Championship side and I hope as many of them as possible are retained.

I agree with most of your ins and outs although I think Ruddy may stay, at least until January, unless a big club want him as their number 1.

I really want Snodgrass to stay but suspect he will be off. I also think we might struggle to keep Olsson. Two players who have shown they are of this level in a dire season.

I would also keep Fox, Becchio, Surman, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Garrido and Bunn if we can but I suspect many if not all won''t be here next season.

I really think we should do whatever possible to keep Ruddy, Turner, Bennett, Howson, Johnson and Hooper as that is the spine of a very good championship side.

The team that played today was not a good Championship side.

It was a good side to play very defensibly against a team with vastly better individual players.

If that team played in the Championship where would the creation come from?

Where would the goals come from?

Hopefully in the Championship we will be looking to attack, create and score.

I meant in terms of quality of personnel Yellow Wall, I wouldn''t want to see that team played every week in the championship either, but I wouldn''t make that many changes to it.

Ruddy

Rudd

Martin

Turner

Whittaker

Graffiti

Taylor -signed from Newcastle

Ollsen

Garrido

Bassong

Johnson

Tettey

Howson

E.Bennett

J.Murphy

J.Murphy

Becchio

Hooper

Ameobi - Shola

Lingard

Sell Snoddy,wolf,fer,Hoolahan,pilks,Fox send elmander and Jonas back

[quote user="GJP"]

While I expect Hooper would score goals in the Championship I don''t think he''s particularly looked like he really cares about what league Norwich are in next season.

Understand it''s not easy when you''re not getting picked but I''ve not seen too many games where I''ve thought Hooper has really fought for Norwich City.

[/quote]

Yeah, there is ABSOLUTE 0 that Hooper has shown for ANYONE to believe he''ll score in the Championship, even that is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY over his head talent wise, Not sure he''d even score much in League 2.

Johnson, Howson and Tettey is not a good midfield. Individually they are all decent players but I never want to see them play together again, especially not in the Championship. Combined they are an incredibly stodgy uncreative midfield that is utterly mind numbing to watch.Its an utter pisstake that Hughton alienated and marginalised every single one of our creative midfield players.

Sevilla are interested in Tettey, which would be a huge step up for him. Although playing in Spain you run a risk of being racially abused, so he may think twice after seeing what happened yesterday.

To Stay:

Bunn Rudd

Whittaker Martin

Olsson Garrido

Turner R.Bennett

E.Bennett Pilkington Redmond

Johnson Howson

Becchio Hooper

To Go:

Ruddy

Yobo Bassong

Snodgrass

Tettey Hoolahan Gutierrez

RVW Elmander

I think it''s key for next year that we keep Redmond, e.bennett, howson and the murphy brothers.. Away from home in the championship counter attacking with pace is key.

I honestly believe with the right manager and keeping a bulk of our squad we can be a good top 6 side next year..