Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Referee

Usual thing for us, never gave us a thing if the penalty had been at the other end everybody knows it would have been given

I think he eventually evened it up with Tettey''s poor tackle and was spot on with the Hazard/Bennet clash.

My gripe is that if he had given us the penalty in all probability we would have gone 1-0 up and the game would have changed dramatically and the other incidents wouldn''t have occurred.

IF he had given us a pen . terry should have walked as he was the last man & stopped a goal scoring chance . so No way he would have done that

Just watched Dermot Gallagher discussing it on SSN. He said it should have been a penalty.

I thought that the referee really got himself into a mess of his own making. He became frightened of any incident in the box, gave out some pretty soft yellow cards but then bottled it with Ivanovic who could easily have had a second yellow.

Had the first penalty been given then the whole dynamic would have shifted so it is impossible to say whether or not it would have proved to be to our ultimate advantage. However, it would have been fascinating to see us defending a lead in those circumstances.

My seat was quite high in the upper tier and it was great to see our shape being held pretty consistently and in a way that I have not seen too often this season. I wonder now if Adams might rather regret the adventurous way that he set up the team at Fulham? A stronger shape and hitting them more on the break might have given us greater hope as it would have drawn Fulham out but that, of course, is the luxury of hindsight.

Robert Brompton

In my mind there is no doubt it was a penalty. Having seen the TV analysis saying he couldn''t have seen it this is where I say well was he in the best position? The answer is a resounding no from me.

Annoying thing is that we had a cast-iron pen turned down in the game at CR as well (on Pilks, at 1-1). It has been the story of our three seasons in this division - plenty of iffy pens against but nothing to even it up.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Annoying thing is that we had a cast-iron pen turned down in the game at CR as well (on Pilks, at 1-1). It has been the story of our three seasons in this division - plenty of iffy pens against but nothing to even it up.[/quote]

Pen against Blackburn at CR? Hugely generous.

This was the first thing that came to mind and I''m sure there were other examples of us getting the rub of the green, it''s just not what we immediately remember.

Stonewall penalty, but to be unbiased Chelsea should have had one before that incident when Turner flatterned Ba

I see no reason to believe that referees are more biased - subconsciously or not - against Norwich than they might be against any other of the clubs outside the big six. I''m sure our relegation rivals would all point to similar events. This season has ended in the lamentable style it has through decisions taken to continue with the status quo months ago - not by the referee yesterday.

we wuz robbed again due to not being awarded a penalty,same as against Man Utd with the disallowed goal for a very gentlechallenge against Vidic.clubs like ours just do not get the decisions against the so called big boys, cheating barstewards, the lot of them ! ! !WE WUZ ROBBED I TELL YER.