Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Such a shame Adams wasn't given the job with 12 games to go.

Great battling performance against Liverpool, good first half against Man U and clear goal inexplicably ruled out and a great away performance against Chelsea.

If Adams had led the team against Stoke at home, Swans away and West Brom at home, I find it hard to believe we wouldn''t be at least 4 points better off and have gone into the Fulham game on the back of some decent perfromances.

Agree. If he is given the job for next season, things are not as bleak as some on here would make out. Norwich have pretty much always had their best sides when managed by people who know the club well. Gunn and Deehan are exceptions rather than the Ruel (see what I did there?)

''Well done Neil, you managed to not lose every game.'' is basically what you''re saying. If only Neyul was given the job 12 games ago things would have been so different as his results have shown....oh wait.

Good draw today though, got the tactics spot on

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it.....but the fact of the matter is that he bottled it today when he should have gone for broke at the end and failed to get one point before today ..........funny how standards and expectations are lowered depending on who we are talking about......

If we had had Neil at Christmas we wouldn''t be in this dog fight, there is no doubt about that.

We can beat Arsenal, it''s all up to WBA and Swansea

Absolutely wrong Mrs Miggins. What I clearly said was it''s a shame Adams wasn''t given the job sooner as it seems reasonable to assume he''d have raised some decent performances against Stoke, WBA and Swans and that we''d have at least 4 more points.

Dubai - it''s not hindsight. Some of us have been saying Hughton should have gone before Christmas. Most of the rest have been saying he should of gone months ago.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]''Well done Neil, you managed to not lose every game.'' is basically what you''re saying. If only Neyul was given the job 12 games ago things would have been so different as his results have shown....oh wait.

Good draw today though, got the tactics spot on[/quote]Thanks for that Captain Optimism. Don''t let a good away performance by the City spoil your bad mood. [:|]

Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:11 PM:

If we had had Neil at Christmas we wouldn''t be in this dog fight, there is no doubt about that.

---------------------------------------------------

I can''t help but just point this out again. Especially the ''there is no doubt about that.'' part. glorious.

I''m not so sure, there have been decent signs but some poor ones too: yes there was a battling performance in the second half v Liverpool but that rather neglects the awful start, we should have done what we did today vs a poor Fulham and would have been sat on another 1-3 pts, I cant help but think we''d have been better going for it today in the last ten rather than settling for 0-0

The signs are there that we might have done ok had we bitten the bullet on CH earlier, but not sure it should have been Adams given it.

Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:14 PM:

Don''t let a good away performance by the City spoil your bad mood. Indifferent [:|]

-----------------------------------------------

I''m sorry, bit annoyed that we''re all but relegated (despite a good performance and finally getting the tactics right) but i''m sure you and Brienne will be having a go as i''m ''waving the white flag'' right

Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:17 PM:There is no doubt Miggins, regretably your giant chip is still weighing you down.

--------------------------------------------

Expand. what chip? I personally don''t think it was a good decision to get Adams in and quite frankly i''m surprised to see that everyone is saying that he''s the right man for the job despite the results he''s had. I wouldn''t say its a chip on the shoulder, it''s more that i just don''t understand why you or anyone think he''s so good?

It''s a chip, it''s reflective of a small child that doesn''t get his way and starts behaving like a brat.

He knows he is doing it but can''t help himself.

Oh sorry I was posting while your post was already up. My answer to the post is that we''ve already discussed Hughton, he''s irrelevant. He got us hovering just outside the relegation zone with the big teams (apart from Fulham) to play, a very sticky situation indeed. Like I said, my problem is the tactics in all of Adams'' games (apart from today). Stop harking back to hughton every time I post about people having a crystal ball. The old post; ''if only we had Neil at the start of the season we would be fine.'' Its something you cannot prove or disprove. In his short time here he''s got a terrible record (which is not surprising, its not his team), so what makes people think he would be ok? It doesn''t make sense. Before today, his tactical naivety was phenomenal, i''m giving credit where credit is due and criticism where there needs to be criticism.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Great battling performance against Liverpool, good first half against Man U and clear goal inexplicably ruled out and a great away performance against Chelsea.

If Adams had led the team against Stoke at home, Swans away and West Brom at home, I find it hard to believe we wouldn''t be at least 4 points better off and have gone into the Fulham game on the back of some decent perfromances.[/quote]

This was all so avoidable. So many fans could see Hughton needed to go.

Like Wiz posted a long time ago - if we hadn''t of beat West Ham the likelihood was that he would have been fired.

He has got us playing again, a point away at Chelsea as opposed to the drubbings away from home at top sides under Hughton this season,

It''s a Chip, get over it.

[quote user="mrs miggins"] I personally don''t think it was a good decision to get Adams in and quite frankly i''m surprised to see that everyone is saying that he''s the right man for the job despite the results he''s had. I wouldn''t say its a chip on the shoulder, it''s more that i just don''t understand why you or anyone think he''s so good?[/quote]Worry ye not Mrs Miggins, not everyone is saying Adams is the right man for the job.  I for one think he would be totally the wrong man for the job, I want to see experience, not a Youth Team Coach cutting his teeth on first team management.  His first point today, but even that imo was using naive tactics when we needed to win the game, he still wouldn''t have a go in the last 15 minutes, by playing 2 up front, even though we had reached that stage of the game without conceding.  Showed his inexperience.

Quite agree OldRobert - just what proof do we have that Adams is up to it? 3 defeats and a goalless draw when we needed a win in any one of those games.

There''s been some good signs, but I''m not fully convinced - and we are likely to have a hell of a lot of transfer activity to get through in the summer. Do people really think a guy whose management experience is at U-18 level is the right one to do it?

If we go with him I really hope it is a success, but I''d far rather see him as Malky''s assistant or similar.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="mrs miggins"] I personally don''t think it was a good decision to get Adams in and quite frankly i''m surprised to see that everyone is saying that he''s the right man for the job despite the results he''s had. I wouldn''t say its a chip on the shoulder, it''s more that i just don''t understand why you or anyone think he''s so good?[/quote]Worry ye not Mrs Miggins, not everyone is saying Adams is the right man for the job.  I for one think he would be totally the wrong man for the job, I want to see experience, not a Youth Team Coach cutting his teeth on first team management.  His first point today, but even that imo was using naive tactics when we needed to win the game, he still wouldn''t have a go in the last 15 minutes, by playing 2 up front, even though we had reached that stage of the game without conceding.  Showed his inexperience.[/quote]And if he had gone for it in the last fifteen minutes and we had ended up losing (which in my experience of watching football over the last 30 odd years happens on a regular basis), you would have used that as a stick to beat him with. The fact is that there will be people who support the current manager, people who aren''t sure and people who don''t want him in charge of the club. The amount of each will be wholly dependent on the amount of games that he wins, which is how it should be.I was willing to support Hughton after his initial appointment. I was keen on him as I took my seat for the Carling Cup quater final last season, when Luton dumped us out of the FA Cup I was beginning to have doubts and when we were thumped 7-0 by Man City I was convinced that he was the wrong guy for the job. Adams will get the same opportunity.

If Hughton had got a point at Chelsea, only narrowly lost to Liverpool and had got the the team to play like they have for the last 4 games, he wouldn''t have been sacked.

OldRobert wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:45 PM:

Worry ye not Mrs Miggins, not everyone is saying Adams is the right man for the job. I for one think he would be totally the wrong man for the job, I want to see experience, not a Youth Team Coach cutting his teeth on first team management. His first point today, but even that imo was using naive tactics when we needed to win the game, he still wouldn''t have a go in the last 15 minutes, by playing 2 up front, even though we had reached that stage of the game without conceding. Showed his inexperience.

--------------------------------------------------------

Best Brienne doesn''t see this. He''ll slate you for being a hughton lover, despite not mentioning the bu99er

That''s rot - if Hughton had got these very same results (and/or ''performances'') in the last four games this board would have been in continual meltdown. Adams is (quite reasonably) protected against a lot of criticism that would be aimed at Hughton, but a defeat is still a defeat. And the fact is he would have very likely run Liverpool close, if not closer than we did, if you look at his tactics and form v the big guys at home.