Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ok. Why didn't we go for it more?

[quote user="Jenkins"]Shame your man got us into this position LDC[/quote]

Oh shut up.  Adams is our man now. Stop living in the past.   It was him who selected the team and tactics and got it right for so long.  But with five or ten minutes to go we could have put fresh legs on and really gone for it as if it was a cup final, with even the goalie going forward if necessary.  WE NEEDED TO WIN. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Not enough desperation to win the game.  A draw is not enough.  Just get the ball forward at every opportunity.  It wouldn''t have mattered if we lost so why didn''t we get the ball forward more?  At  0-0 with ten minutes to play we needed to play as if it was a cup final, get everyone forward.

[/quote]

This is the first time I''ve directly addressed you on this site LDC, but I have to now. After your relentless support of Hughton, embarrassingly so, I would have thought you''d want to stay quiet for a while. But amazingly you seek to embarrass yourself further. This really was a ridiculous post to start. We played Chelsea at their own game, and had Snodgrass be that bit quicker, and have a decent first touch, we would have come away from their with three points.

Adams got the tactics spot on.

Anyone remember that Bradley Johnson chance right at the end of the game? A defensive midfielder in the opposition penalty area having an attempt at goal, despite the fact it would leave us vulnerable on the counter if Chelsea were able to maneuver the ball correctly. Guess that doesn''t count as ''going for it''. Neither does shoving up 3 of your back 4, all your central midfielders and your ''striker'' towards the opposition penalty area for a deep free kick, leaving you with just one defender to cover your entire half. 

Come on Phil, everyone knows that only strikers score goals or count as attacking changes....

the best performance all season considering the opposition and circumstances... we didn''t go for it cos it was all we could do to keep chelsea at bay... the op should instead be asking why we didn''t go for it against fulham at home ,west brom at home, hull away , swansea at home., the list is endless and all the damage was done under clueless chris ... it may not be enough but under the circumstances the team were magnificent, too many fans get there opinions off gary neville and can''t think for themselves

[quote user="St Georgey"][quote user="lake district canary"]Not enough desperation to win the game.  A draw is not enough.  Just get the ball forward at every opportunity.  It wouldn''t have mattered if we lost so why didn''t we get the ball forward more?  At  0-0 with ten minutes to play we needed to play as if it was a cup final, get everyone forward.

[/quote]

This is the first time I''ve directly addressed you on this site LDC, but I have to now. After your relentless support of Hughton, embarrassingly so, I would have thought you''d want to stay quiet for a while. But amazingly you seek to embarrass yourself further. This really was a ridiculous post to start. We played Chelsea at their own game, and had Snodgrass be that bit quicker, and have a decent first touch, we would have come away from their with three points.

Adams got the tactics spot on.[/quote]

Nothing embarrassing about supporting any manager, matey.  I saw it as a long term appointment and I am sure the board did too. And he was doing just enough to keep his job up until the last three or four matches he was in charge of.  If he had got us over the line we would all have been gratefu;l would we not?     Tactics were good in this match imo too.   Just the last ten minutes could have been more positive in approach - we needed that win at any cost.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:25 PM:

Shame your man got us into this position LDC

-------------------------------------

Stop harking back to hughton when someone is criticising adams, you did it on the other thread, its annoying. I''m not saying LDC is right in this case because Adams got the tactics spot on for once in his short time here, but there''s no need to go on about something irrelevant

I have just heard NA''s post match interview and am none the wiser as to why he didn''t throw more at it in the last fifteen  ....  just in case. Adams offered no sense in that interview and even seemed blaze about our chances of survival. 

For sure, we might well have then conceded a couple but what difference would that have made as a draw surely condemns us just as much.

A win was our ONLY hope of survival.

If it had been Hughton who had conducted things that way in the last 15-20 minutes he would have been slaughtered on this Board.  

Not beating WBA was the key moment in the relegation scrap. Not sense in bemoaning not getting much from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.

Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Wiz......you know, having sen your posts on here for several years I actually have a feeling you would agree, but because its LDC you are unable to do that.......So, you happy with us not at the very least putting on more fresh legs at the end then????? 

[quote user="Jenkins"]It''s only relevant when you and Lakey and a few others post your dross.[/quote]

Its the truth. You can''t handle the truth.  We needed that win today and needed to get fresh legs on there and really go for broke. It was our cup final today - and there aren''t any replays for a draw!

LDC - "I saw it as a long term appointment and I am sure the board did too."

Aligning yourself to the Board doesn''t make your support of Hughton any less stupid.

Stupid is and always will be stupid.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If it had been Hughton who had conducted things that way in the last 15-20

minutes he would have been slaughtered on this Board.  

[/quote]

And in the stadium by the travelling support. Which of course was the reason why Hughton was sacked. Adams could make the same decisions and keep the fans on side.

I''m not unhappy with the way we tried to win the game. The point could be vital. And at a later date it could bring us some extra pennies if we are relegated by Sunderland on goal difference. Alkl those who were vigorously waving the white flags this morning can put them away fopr a few days now.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]LDC - "I saw it as a long term appointment and I am sure the board did too."

Aligning yourself to the Board doesn''t make your support of Hughton any less stupid.

Stupid is and always will be stupid.[/quote]For gawds sake can''t you lot forget Hughton?      Adams is in charge - he has the responsibility.   Today we needed a win at all costs.  And we didn''t.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="St Georgey"][quote user="lake district canary"]Not enough desperation to win the game.  A draw is not enough.  Just get the ball forward at every opportunity.  It wouldn''t have mattered if we lost so why didn''t we get the ball forward more?  At  0-0 with ten minutes to play we needed to play as if it was a cup final, get everyone forward.

[/quote]

Adams got the tactics spot on.[/quote]

Nothing embarrassing about supporting any manager, matey.  I saw it as a long term appointment and I am sure the board did too. And he was doing just enough to keep his job up until the last three or four matches he was in charge of.  If he had got us over the line we would all have been gratefu;l would we not?     Tactics were good in this match imo too.   Just the last ten minutes could have been more positive in approach - we needed that win at any cost.

[/quote]

As unlikely as it is, we are still in it mathematically.

I do agree that realistically we needed 3 points to stand any chance. But Chelsea needed that win just as much, and had Adams gone for broke then I think they may well had had the space to make the break through.

To be critical of Adams, he could have given Johnson a rest - as he was tiring in that last ten. Perhaps E Bennett would have stretched Chelsea further - as Redmond did. But then again Johnson was still giving enough to make that header.

Perhaps also we could have considered taking Snodgrass off - who whilst I love his effort, was annoying me with his continued and blatant falling to the floor. When will he learn that he isn''t much of an actor and it always falls of deaf ears for him!?

But I understand why Adams stuck with players who could keep it tight for us. He was hoping we could break on them.

Not sure what peoples problem is with what he is saying. Under normal circumstances that was a great point but anything less than a win relegated us. I thought at 0-0 with ten to go we would have just gone for it, if we conceded so be it we are down now anyway. Sunderland will not lose both their remaining games

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Wiz......you know, having sen your posts on here for several years I actually have a feeling you would agree, but because its LDC you are unable to do that.......So, you happy with us not at the very least putting on more fresh legs at the end then????? [/quote]

I think if we''d have done that Mark they would have swamped us.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]LDC - "I saw it as a long term appointment and I am sure the board did too."

Stupid is and always will be stupid.[/quote]

So what does being at odds with the board make you?

If we''d have thrown Hooper on for the last 10 minutes we''d have lost! It really was backs to wall stuff, we couldn''t keep possession for more than 3 passes and that was without leaving Hooper/RVW sitting like duck in the Chelsea half.

At the end of day before kickoff 99.9% of us had come to terms with relegation.. but now their''s a very very very very slight glimmer of hope.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:48 PM:

How do you know that JF

You didn''t think we would get anything out of this game

I don''t know that for sure but come on after their run against the top sides can you really see them losing both now? No I didn''t think we would get anything, after the Man U game it looked like certain players had given up. and under normal circumstances what a great point it would have been. I apologise for not celebrating it because anything less than 3 realistically sent us down.

[quote user="JF"]Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 6:48 PM:

How do you know that JF

You didn''t think we would get anything out of this game

I don''t know that for sure but come on after their run against the top sides can you really see them losing both now? No I didn''t think we would get anything, after the Man U game it looked like certain players had given up. and under normal circumstances what a great point it would have been. I apologise for not celebrating it because anything less than 3 realistically sent us down.[/quote]

JF - you know as well as anyone that this really was never a game we were realistically going to get 3 points from.

Of course we all hoped we would. But this was never winnable is realism.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Nutty - based on the evidence, reasonably astute.[/quote]

I doubt it. 4 years out of the last 10 in the PL. A champs win. Another auto promotion and a league one win. Maybe 3 relegations too but can you think of a comparitive board that''s done better. Especially with the resources we have had. I''m standing right with ''em Kingston...