Sign in to follow this  
#

Who do YOU want as our next manager?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Morty, I''m wracking my brains but can''t think of any manager we''d get with such a wow factor....anyone in particular spring to mind?![/quote]Frankly, no. I''m hoping McNally is earning his money, and will pull another rabbit out of the hat, in the Lambert mould.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]According to Phelan he was effectively the Man U manager for his last 5 years under Ferguson, though not sure how true that is nor what he''s been doing since he left.

Tbh I''m not so bothered who it is, as I''ve said I''d personally go for Malky but there are plenty of other options including Adams - the one absolute certainty is that we need an appointment ASAP[/quote]We have no need to appoint ASAP When Adams was appointed it was announced that "the new manager of Norwich City is Neil Adams"  If Adams is in charge next season I don''t think we will see any announcement

Morty, just playing Devils advocate, but were we all that wowed by Lambert?

I seem to remember a lot of supporters being unsure and wanting a bigger name after Gunn at the time.

unknown foreign manager with decent record in his own country, hungry for it, nothing to lose and everything to prove.

[quote user="Monty13"]Morty, just playing Devils advocate, but were we all that wowed by Lambert?

I seem to remember a lot of supporters being unsure and wanting a bigger name after Gunn at the time.[/quote]Actually, Lamberts name was mentioned by a fair few people here, and most people were basically happy to be shot of Gunn.Different times and different situation though, we were at a very low ebb then.We are a Premiership squad, with a fantastic fanbase, and we are debt free, with pockets stuffed full of parachute payments.We have every right to want to aim high.

Yes I suppose you are right, circumstances are very different.

Agree with aiming high, I''m just not sure realistically how high we can aim, only the Board (presumably!) do.

I''d like to think that theres an outstanding candidate out there we are eagerly pursuing, but if some of the names mentioned are the best we can hope for, as we aren''t as big a draw in the championship as we think we are, then it really is a difficult decision.

Assuming he is interested, Mackay seems the safe choice. But I''m not convinced he is the right one. Adams seems a big gamble, but as does an up and comer like Robinson.

It seems like the board picked the safe choice last time and it backfired, wonder if this will make them more likely to gamble?

[quote user="Monty13"]Yes I suppose you are right, circumstances are very different.

Agree with aiming high, I''m just not sure realistically how high we can aim, only the Board (presumably!) do.

I''d like to think that theres an outstanding candidate out there we are eagerly pursuing, but if some of the names mentioned are the best we can hope for, as we aren''t as big a draw in the championship as we think we are, then it really is a difficult decision.

Assuming he is interested, Mackay seems the safe choice. But I''m not convinced he is the right one. Adams seems a big gamble, but as does an up and comer like Robinson.

It seems like the board picked the safe choice last time and it backfired, wonder if this will make them more likely to gamble?[/quote]I don''t think its as simple as safe or gamble.I think the board made the right choice last time, but it was later decision making that let them down a bit, but sacking or backing Hughton was way bigger a gamble, than appointing him in the first place.I don''t know the answer, but I''m not being paid to make the decision.The board also have the luxury of knowing how much we can spend on a manager, which will greatly narrow their decision making.

Problem is luck seems to play a huge part. In the cases of Stringer, Walker, Worthy, Grant and Gunn "cheap option" was shouted from the rooftops. But three of them were extremely successful. Hughton''s appointment probably had more initial support than Lambert''s, because he was more high profile I guess, but it didn''t work out. I''m not even sure I know what to look for to find a manager who would be a good fit here so I''m glad I just have to support the choice rather than make it.

If we cannot attract better than Malky then the last few years have been a complete waste , we have to aim higher , and why on earth bother sacking Hughton who plays the same type of football as Malky and also has a decent Championship pedigree .Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire .

[quote user="Northern Canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Nigel Adkins please.[/quote]

100% agree, my number one choice by a long way[/quote]I wouldn''t be against Adkins, but hasn''t he already got a job?

Not that Adkins would be my first choice anyway, but he will not leave a very similar sized club with very similar promotion chances to come here.

Adams - he knows the younger players well, and will be good to bring them on. They are going to be very important in the rebuilding process.

I also like his style - honest, straightforward and intelligent.Above all he is committed to the club, in whatever capacity he continues.

I think that he has already, in just four matches brought about a transformation, and given us a little hope.

I have no problem if we have to wait for a few weeks if it means we get someone of real quality in. As for who I want, I am sure that any suggestion I make will be jumped on and rubished, but...really dont want......Phelan, Adams, Lennon. I too am warming a little towards Malky, but only if its to get us out of The Championship which of course is highly likely. Oh, and just to be clear, the reason why I dont want Neil Adams....yes he has clearly given 100% since he took over, and I actually like him and would want him to stay with the club hopefully in a better position than Youth Team Manager.......BUT.......for me he made a huge error in the Chelsea match where he somehow decided not to go for it at the end of the match when he knew we needed a win (this was the mother of "must win" games)....and I want a Manager who would actually go for it at that stage of a critical match, which he partly did with the Redmond switch but then when Chelsea were leaving themselves open ....nothing.........Also, set the team up wrong vs Liverpool, failed to get anything from a poor Fulham and sent out a team who didnt give 100% against Manure.  Now I expect the usual plastic crap trap criticism or whatever..........  oh, and my comments are not in any way linked to how I felt about Chris Hughton, how he set up his teams, whether he should have been sacked or whether he was sacked at the right or wrong time, whether I like him or not........I am simply answering the question and giving reasons for my answer.

Contradicting my earlier post a bit, is it worth waiting for the play-offs to get sorted? See what teams don''t make it and then going on a poaching mission? Well, Rosler specifically.

manager - mackayassistant - phelancoaches - adams, culverhouse & watson staying on with the goalkeepers

all available so no contracts to buy out, all former players, all experienced (well....apart from adams), club would be better off investing in something like this rather than wolfswinkel

unknown foreign manager with decent record in his own country, hungry for it, nothing to lose and everything to prove.

I second this someone frome france german Holland spain bring Norwich upto modern football most of the other british managers would get us up like colin malky etc but then what ? back to good championship manager but rubbish premiership we need a yound manager who is go to get us playing a modern system that we can continue if we / when we get up

who that is no idea but we should model ourselves on people like everton Swansea  Southampton even Liverpool who have a style of play and keep to it so when ever we change manager the style remains successful that is where we went wrong with hughton !

I agree norfolk, Norwich as a club needs to have a footballing philosophy (well get back to one) and stick to it like Swansea. We need to bring in, manager, coaches and players that want to play in a certain way and maintain that continuity when those individuals move on.

[quote user="Herman "]So, who do you want Wiz?[/quote]

Sherwood with Adams as assistant

With respect to your opinion Wiz, I''d rather just stick with Adams in that situation.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Lol[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Lol[Y]
[/quote]

Fine, laugh it up morty, but I''d even shove Mick McCarthy in the mix too.

Sorry can''t post for a bit, off to the N&N to get my sides stitched back up.

Uve Rosler, doubt we could get him.

Malky, proven at that level.

Adams, like the fresh ideas he has bought in ie trying Redond up front who I think in that position would scare the sheeit out of championship defenders.