Sign in to follow this  
#

Who do YOU want as our next manager?

You go first Wiz, who are you getting behind (for the next 20 minutes at least)

[quote user="morty"]You go first Wiz, who are you getting behind (for the next 20 minutes at least)
[/quote]

As you know far more about this than me morty, I''ll defer to you.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]You go first Wiz, who are you getting behind (for the next 20 minutes at least)[/quote]

As you know far more about this than me morty, I''ll defer to you.[:|]

[/quote]Lol, you really are full of carp.Come on Wiz, astound us with your knowledge, who is your man?

If it''s not Adams then what are the chances that the board will approach Neil Warnock? Not saying that I necessarily want him, but there''s no denying that he knows how to get teams promoted.

I was thinking it would be good if we could announce the manager at the Arsenal game, and I guess we will definitely do so if Adams gets the gig.

I''d absolutely go for Malky. I don''t see any of the shenanigans at Cardiff being an obstacle to a fast appointment and e can hit the ground running.

I''m coming round to the idea of Malky now. I don''t want Adams, but would love him to stay at the club. Lennon could be a disaster and I''m running out of realistic ideas after that.

Just to add, the most important thing (as I''ll support whoever it is anyway) is that we make a decision, get them in early and give them the whole summer to prepare.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m coming round to the idea of Malky now. I don''t want Adams, but would love him to stay at the club. Lennon could be a disaster and I''m running out of realistic ideas after that.[/quote]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.

[quote user="morty"]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.[/quote]Why ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.[/quote]Why ?[/quote]Because it is my opinion.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]MIke Phelan with Neil Adams as number 2 and coach.[/quote]

So Adams is the most experienced manager out of those two?! That will not fill me with much optimism for next season.

As much as his football is little better than Pulis, Malky would have to be the main choice to get us back up, very good effective manager who can get us back up which is all that matters. Failing that (although he probably will come here), I wouldn''t mind seeing Rosler work his magic on our players if Wigan don''t get promoted via the play offs.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.[/quote]Why ?[/quote]Because it is my opinion.[/quote]There you go. I ask a perfectly reasonable straight forward question, and you offer a stupid ''answer'' like that .I said yesterday, and in the past, that you just do argumentative. Not reasoned, informed debate. Thanks for proving my point so eloquently.

According to Phelan he was effectively the Man U manager for his last 5 years under Ferguson, though not sure how true that is nor what he''s been doing since he left.

Tbh I''m not so bothered who it is, as I''ve said I''d personally go for Malky but there are plenty of other options including Adams - the one absolute certainty is that we need an appointment ASAP

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.[/quote]Why ?[/quote]Because it is my opinion.[/quote]There you go. I ask a perfectly reasonable straight forward question, and you offer a stupid ''answer'' like that .I said yesterday, and in the past, that you just do argumentative. Not reasoned, informed debate. Thanks for proving my point so eloquently.[/quote]Listen mate. You whine and whine about how mean nasty old morty is to you, yet you keep seeking me out.Go talk to someone else.

Any of these and i would be content:

Steve Clarke

Malky Mackay

Neil Lennon

Gianfranco Zola

Neil Adams

Steven Pressley

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]I think that Malky, with Adams as assistant is probably the most likely option.Myself, I would feel slightly underwhelmed at that.[/quote]Why ?[/quote]Because it is my opinion.[/quote]There you go. I ask a perfectly reasonable straight forward question, and you offer a stupid ''answer'' like that .I said yesterday, and in the past, that you just do argumentative. Not reasoned, informed debate. Thanks for proving my point so eloquently.[/quote]

Go talk to someone else.[/quote]Not at all Morty. You were the one who posted your ''opinion''. I did not seek it out.From time to time I just like to expose what a charlatan you are. ''Opinions'', but nowt to back them up.See ya....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]According to Phelan he was effectively the Man U manager for his last 5 years under Ferguson, though not sure how true that is nor what he''s been doing since he left. Tbh I''m not so bothered who it is, as I''ve said I''d personally go for Malky but there are plenty of other options including Adams - the one absolute certainty is that we need an appointment ASAP[/quote]

Agree with that. We need to know who it is and then get behind the appointment, whether we agree with it or not. Whoever it will be, as soon as he wears the City crest, he needs 100% support from everyone.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]According to Phelan he was effectively the Man U manager for his last 5 years under Ferguson, though not sure how true that is nor what he''s been doing since he left. Tbh I''m not so bothered who it is, as I''ve said I''d personally go for Malky but there are plenty of other options including Adams - the one absolute certainty is that we need an appointment ASAP[/quote]

Agree with that. We need to know who it is and then get behind the appointment, whether we agree with it or not. Whoever it will be, as soon as he wears the City crest, he needs 100% support from everyone.

[/quote]Definitely. Which is why I would like to see an appointment with real "Wow" factor.The board will be very aware of how split the fanbase has been this season, and need to get this exactly right.

Morty, I''m wracking my brains but can''t think of any manager we''d get with such a wow factor....anyone in particular spring to mind?!

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]This was discussed at length  on R Norfolk during the preamble to yesterday''s game, and the general belief was exactly what Herman and BP say above. We really cannot afford to dither about this. We''ve done a lot of that, and look where it''s got us. We need to make a permanent appointment by the end of next week AT THE LATEST.It seems that the Malky thing is a done deal by all reports. And, if so we need to put any differences aside and get behind him.