Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

MOTD - FFS!

Having all season resisted the temptation to enter the MOTD debate, tonight''s programme surely plummets new depths. Us and Palace were out of duty merited a question from Linekar but after around 15 seconds the "pundits" on each occasion somehow managed in politicianesque fashion work the answer round to their favourite subjects.

Then to cap it all in previewing Wednesdays programme which features matches involving 4 yes FOUR teams, including ONE in danger of relegation the only mention is of City (the Manchester version) and their "reposte". Doesn''t a that say something about all that''s wrong with the game- I know lots of kids that watch all this sort of stuff and many who think there''s only 4 or 5 teams in the premier league. I''ve no idea who produces this for BBC but surely the has to be a better formula than this drivel we are served up week after week. It''s not just sour grapes but if this was party political stuff there would have to be a better balance.

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]Having all season resisted the temptation to enter the MOTD debate, tonight''s programme surely plummets new depths. Us and Palace were out of duty merited a question from Linekar but after around 15 seconds the "pundits" on each occasion somehow managed in politicianesque fashion work the answer round to their favourite subjects.

Then to cap it all in previewing Wednesdays programme which features matches involving 4 yes FOUR teams, including ONE in danger of relegation the only mention is of City (the Manchester version) and their "reposte". Doesn''t a that say something about all that''s wrong with the game- I know lots of kids that watch all this sort of stuff and many who think there''s only 4 or 5 teams in the premier league. I''ve no idea who produces this for BBC but surely the has to be a better formula than this drivel we are served up week after week. It''s not just sour grapes but if this was party political stuff there would have to be a better balance.[/quote]

Rule 1 : When on hundreds of grand a year don''t bite the hand that feeds you

MOTD know the score it does not pay to give respect to the little teams why waste air time on nobodies.

One of the positives of relegation - won''t have to suffer the embarrassment of filling up the last spot and enduring Lineker''s insufferable wit..........

Lineker is a jug eared, crisp eating, goal hanging, Olympic grade bell-end.FACT!

[quote user="morty"]Lineker is a jug eared, crisp eating, goal hanging, Olympic grade bell-end.

FACT!
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[quote user="Norma Stick"]

[quote user="morty"]Lineker is a jug eared, crisp eating, goal hanging, Olympic grade bell-end.

FACT!
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[/quote]

He was always vastly over rated as a player I can''t remember him do any blistering runs through a defence to score goals the ball was usually put on his foot inside the box, you could also say the same for the clowns who sit with him on the program Hanson and Lawro probably the worst players ever to kick a ball

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Norma Stick"]

FACT!
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[/quote]

He was always vastly over rated as a player I can''t remember him do any blistering runs through a defence to score goals the ball was usually put on his foot inside the box, you could also say the same for the clowns who sit with him on the program Hanson and Lawro probably the worst players ever to kick a ball[/quote]

^^^^!!!

Please don''t comment on this forum again

Clearly you have no idea about football

You''ve no idea what you''re talking about

Mr Lineker always made big play of the fact he was never booked. This angel punched the ball into the net against City At WHL and wheeled away celebrating. Goal given of course. Total hypocrite. At least we won''t have to listen to him eulogising about Leicester next year

pete_norw wrote the following post at 06/05/2014 7:39 AM:

............. He (Lineker) was always vastly over rated as a player I can''t remember him do any blistering runs through a defence to score goals the ball was usually put on his foot inside the box, you could also say the same for the clowns who sit with him on the program Hanson and Lawro probably the worst players ever to kick a ball

I can understand you may not like them or their contribution to MOTD but please don''t be idiotic.

Three exceptional footballers.

Once the option becomes available to cut them off the television via subscription rather than compulsory tv licence, I''ll be irst in the line. BBC has next to no sport left and I resent my money being given to eastenders actors and match of the day pundits.

I''ve taken to watching MOTD on iplayer and skipping the drivel and heading straight to the games.

It''s a legendary programme but is in dire need of a big overhaul. This old boys club is getting... well, old now.

MOTD isnt that bad.

people seem to think the pundits should talk about us and us alone...

Danny Murphy is a shocking pundit however and his summary of the Suarez goal against us at Carrow Road the other week was a joke! Made even more funny by the fact he was a full back and I doubt in a match situation he''d even have thought about attempting what he said!!

I found it funny last night... Robbie Fowler looked like he was about to cry!

[quote user="morty"]Lineker is a jug eared, crisp eating, goal hanging, Olympic grade bell-end.FACT![/quote]

One would suggest that if they ever need to 3D print a bell end then Mr Linekar will be the blue print