Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

We don't deserve to stay up

It hurts to say it, but after our naivety on Saturday we don''t deserve to stay up

Once again, Worthington failed to deliver the right tactics after we had a 2 goal advantage and once again we failed to defend with the quality required

No doubt the flamers will be out in force, but the fact is it is pointless saying we would have been happy with 4 points from Man U and The Palace games - we went into the Palace game with 3 points under our belt and squandered a 2 goal advantage.

Without doubt it is time for Worthington to go and time to restructure our defence and midfield coz what we have got ain''t good enough - and that is also down to Worthington

I truly, truly, hope that we get enough points from our remaining games to stay up but I think we all know it isn''t going to happen.

And who to replace Worthington......George Burley! He KNOWS how to build a team and how to coach a team, unlike Worthington.

Should really have held on, but remember Man City, but with 20 mins to go ?  No challenge to AJ run for CP''s 2nd goal, Drury guilty of failing to challenge also another defender not putting in challenge Safri I think.  It was easier to prevent this goal but no.

Changes should have been made to the shape, Holty about to be brought on when they scored 2nd.

Worthy should have done something about this, have given Shackell some respite from AJ, stiffened the middle, but hindsight such a wonderful thing.

I have thought we were down some time ago, however 2 home wins (not an easy task) should take us ought of relegation zone unless others perform away from home, if they do we may be down.  All is not lost, give thanks for Greenos last minute save.  At least we haven''t capitulated and even if we finish 18th I don''t want to be bottom, do you.  

our defence has been terrible, ill give you that.

But in some games you cannot fault our efforts. Newcastle, start of season, win against West Brom, Man Utd win (yes we wont that fair and squere)

In my opinion, if we were consistant we could be a regular premiership team. But unfourtuantly we fail to do this. Ala 2-0 man, 3-3 palace.

Maybe in 2 years.......

And who to replace Worthington......George Burley! He KNOWS how to build a team and how to coach a team, unlike Worthington.

Ah genius, this would be the same Burley who took Ipswich to sixth but then took them straight back down after spending a lot more than Worthy''s had. I can''t be disappointed at Saturdays result as I''m sure a lot of people would have taken 4 points from the last two games. I don''t know what people wanted this season, it was always going to be a struggle but from what I''ve seen recently we''ll be stronger next season whatever division we are in

I cant speak for what other people wanted but this season I wanted to see some progression in the quality of the team. 

That just hasn''t happened. 

Match after match Worthington trots out the same excuses and the same drivel. Match after match we perform the same way.  Match after match the team selections, tactics and substitutions (or lack of) leave me, and many others, bemused. Match after match we fail to select players that have been signed, presumably because they are/were better than the incumbents.

A lot of what has happened this season just doesn''t make a lot of sense and I don''t want a continuation of that next year. Worthington is a terrible "man manager" as many people close to the ground know and he is not respected by many of the players - it''s time for him to go!!

They always come out at night!

Or after we lose. What nonsense.

Southampton threw away a two goal home lead against Aston Villa on Saturday. Maybe they should sack Rednapp?

And who could forget mighty Man Utd losing 2-0 to bottom of the table Norwich. That alex Ferguson has GOT TO GO

"It hurts to say it, but after our naivety on Saturday we don''t deserve to stay up"

Yep, naivety (if that is how you spell it) is the key word. I said before the game that the way to stop Palace was to man-mark Johnson with Flem. He should have been given the task of following him everywhere. That would have left Shack, Drury and Helveg with Safri right in front of them to hold the line. I honestly believe that would have been sufficient to keep Palace out but I also honestly believe that it is now too late. Much as I don''t want to, I believe that it is unlikely we will beat both Newcastle and Charlton - 4 points maybe but now we desperately need all 6.

We can but pray..................  

Sorry, but Fleming wouldn''t have had a prayer against Johnson. Charlton maybe - he''s no quicker than Flem, but is smarter.

And is it fair to blame the manager when it unravels in the second half of a game that we were winning at a cruise? We were 2 goals up against ManU and he didn''t change the team - why should he do so against Palace? How would he have stiffened the midfield AND given Shackell some help with Johnson? No, the fact is that this time the players blew it. Against ManU they kept a good shape and refused to let themselves be either drawn into defending too deep or getting stretched in attack: against Palace, they forgot all that good work.