Sign in to follow this  
chris bakewell

West Brom?

A couple of wins could push them right up the table and with the extra money for places they should be giving it a real go hopefully to beat sunderland which would put real pressure on sunderland to get point against Swansea might not be over yet. or will they be on the beach again?

[quote user="chris bakewell"]A couple of wins could push them right up the table and with the extra money for places they should be giving it a real go hopefully to beat sunderland which would put real pressure on sunderland to get point against Swansea might not be over yet. or will they be on the beach again?[/quote]

They''re now safe. And they''re not renewing their Manager''s contract. There is absolutely no motivation for anyone there. Brom have only won three games away from home all season. And top it off that Sunderland are in form, as are their strikers.

Brom will be beaten there. My money is on a 2.0 home win.

So alartz, we should just chuck in the towel and give up?

Stranger things have happened, and boy are we due some luck this season.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]"West Brom have only won 3 away games all season"

Sunderland have only won 4 home games all season[/quote]

Nailed on point a piece it is then.

[quote user="St Georgey"][quote user="chris bakewell"]A couple of wins could push them right up the table and with the extra money for places they should be giving it a real go hopefully to beat sunderland which would put real pressure on sunderland to get point against Swansea might not be over yet. or will they be on the beach again?[/quote]

They''re now safe. And they''re not renewing their Manager''s contract. There is absolutely no motivation for anyone there. Brom have only won three games away from home all season. And top it off that Sunderland are in form, as are their strikers.

Brom will be beaten there. My money is on a 2.0 home win.[/quote]You''re wrong about Mel''s contract. Basically he''s been hamstrung since he got there, yet still kept us up. Not to get your hopes up, but The Stadium Of Light has always been kind to us. We''ll see what happens.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]same fixture last season they were on the beach and will be again[/quote]Is that the result we beat them 4-2 or 2-1?

Unhinged Canary wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 8:38 PM:

We were supposed to get annihilated by big bad Chelsea today...

Indeed Unhinged. Where are all those smug white flag wavers who were confidently predicting we would be splattered all over the Bridge today.

baggie192 wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 9:08 PM:

Yorkshire Canary wrote:

same fixture last season they were on the beach and will be again

Is that the result we beat them 4-2 or 2-1?

I think he''s talking about when they played us.

But he does find it hard to smile.

chris bakewell wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 11:27 PM:

As long as there''s a chance then there''s always hope right Jenkins?

Quite right Chris. Was so proud of the lads and the manager yesterday.

The many Scummers and their spineless disciples on here have at least piped down for a bit.

I haven''t verified baggies comment about WBA having a good record at the Stadium of Light, but in any event, the pressure is still on Sunderland and they are due a slip up, who knows what will happen then.

next to the last game of last season [ same again] we beat WBA 4 nil. They were on the beach then and i suspect they will be again on wednesday night

Unfortunately I don''t think players worry about finishing a couple of places up the table earning more money for the club it''s the board that thinks that - players mentality is we are safe hence where the term ''on the beach'' comes from - West Brom are now safe and if a getting man would bet my bottom dollar that Sunderland get their point on Wed. I am resigned to the fact we are going down hence anything else will be a massive bonus.

Result already sorted between the two sides if you ask me. ....a draw. [:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]Result already sorted between the two sides if you ask me. ....a draw. [:@][/quote]

SAFC suffered from that kind of "manufactured result" back in 1977, and have never forgiven Coventry and Bristol City (especially Jimmy Hill) for it.

IF Sunderland stay up, or go down, it needs to be playing the game straight.

Here is a link to our message board , there is a bit of Norwich related stuff on it.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forums/pure-football.86/

Thanks for that SAFC link! - I certainly resonate with this poster''s comment:

I''d have been chuffed for 80-85 minutes and spitting feathers the remainder.

Chelsea were vulnerable and Norwich should have gone for it. Their manager was content to leave the fate of his club entirely in the hands of West Brom and Swansea.

Had Sunderland not been in the relegation battle Id have been disappointed for the Norwich supporters.

We had a chance to take all 3 points yesterday but as usual we were far too nice about it...

[quote user="Jenkins"]I haven''t verified baggies comment about WBA having a good record at the Stadium of Light, but in any event, the pressure is still on Sunderland and they are due a slip up, who knows what will happen then.[/quote]Our results last yearhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season#Premier_LeagueSess returns "Home"

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]next to the last game of last season [ same again] we beat WBA 4 nil. They were on the beach then and i suspect they will be again on wednesday night[/quote]Yet the gme after we drew 5-5 with Manchester United spoiling SAF''s last game

[quote user="Jenkins"]A repeat of last year would do just fine Baggie, if you could just have a word with the lads![/quote]Wish I could Jenkins mate :) Mel still wants a win to prove he''s the man for the job (he is) and Sessegnon returns to the Stadium after a turbulant departure so who knows?