Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Adams is the man for me...

Adams is the man for me long term. Why... He simply has the players playing for him and believing in his strategy and game plan match by match.

This is one of the biggest things Chris Hughton failed to achieve during his time as manager.

It is highly unfair to access Adams future purely on five games of which four of them being against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Let''s look at the results Chris Hughton achieved against these teams earlier in the season;

West Brom 0 vs 2 Norwich - 3 points

Fulham 2 vs 1 Norwich - 0 points

Liverpool 5 vs 1 Norwich - 0 points

Man Utd 1 vs 0 Norwich - 0 points

Chelsea 3 vs 1 Norwich 0 points

Arsenal 4 vs 1 Norwich 0 points

So a total of 15 goals conceded, 6 goals scored and 3 points.

Against Adams recored of 9 goals conceded, 2 goals scored and 1 point. Would anyone bat an eye lid if the last 4 results were at any other time during the season. I don''t think so.

Adams is a totally different situation to Brian Gunn. He has coaching experience and has showed he can tactically pick a team to go out and match a team of the likes of Chelsea.

He just needs time now to work on the striker situation and bring in some of his own players with a mix of youth and things could be very exciting times next season on the pitch again. Instead of that dull football we played under Hughton.

The Liverpool result last night just shows that Sunderland losing tomorrow could happen! And we are not down my any means yet!!!

Just noticed I included the West Brom result in theses stats so actually Chris Hughton gained a total of 0 points In those previous fixtures against Adams 1 point so far with one game remaining. Cased closed... Adams is our man!!! Otbc

The problem is being seen to reward failure having only gained one point from 4 games so far, but a win against Arsenal along with a good performance and who knows.

I actually think you are serious aren''t you? I like Adams but our next manager he''s not. It''ll end in tears.