Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Hooper back to Celtic?

Saw this today - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/9299215/scottish-premiership-celtics-kris-commons-hopes-gary-hooper-will-return-to-club-?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Could we be seeing all our available strike force gone in the summer ?

Oh, it''s Chris Commons wishing aloud in front of a reporter. Nothing official then.

Better idea. Commons comes to Norwich to link up with Hooper. The two of them would have a field day in the Chumps.

There wont be many that want to stick around basically just the ones who are not Premiership class like Bradley Johnson , Russell Martin . Mirror is saying Becchio has played his last game for us Wolf you have to think will be off (would anybody want him to stay) so if Hooper was tempted with a return to Celtic (and who could blame him after his in out in out season here) we would be left with no strikers .

I wouldn''t lose too much sleep over losing Hooper. Think he''s been poor more often than not this season and to me he doesn''t ever work very hard for the team/club.

...But he''ll score goals if we''re in the Championship so I wouldn''t be disappointed if he stays.

[quote user="AidanC"]Will becchio stay with the way he''s been treated ?[/quote]How has he been treated?

Morty mate relax, you seem to have a infamous reputation on here, for reasons unbeknown to me - I think he''s been treated very poorly with his lack of game time and just the clubs interest in general it''s as if he has two left feet when we all know he''s proven.

[quote user="AidanC"]Morty mate relax, you seem to have a infamous reputation on here, for reasons unbeknown to me - I think he''s been treated very poorly with his lack of game time and just the clubs interest in general it''s as if he has two left feet when we all know he''s proven.[/quote]

Proven what?

Sweet Jesus - he''s proven in the championship which most would agree is a tougher league than Portugal or Scotland - just because the price tag is different doesn''t mean the skill is

[quote user="AidanC"]Morty mate relax, you seem to have a infamous reputation on here, for reasons unbeknown to me - I think he''s been treated very poorly with his lack of game time and just the clubs interest in general it''s as if he has two left feet when we all know he''s proven.[/quote]I am relaxed, what makes you think I''m not?Have you seen him play this season? I have seen him a few times and he was truly awful, which is the reason he hasn''t been getting games.I don''t think, as a club, we have treated him badly at all.

May as well play in the championship as to go back there.

Okay Morty I ask you this, how has he became so awful? Would you agree our forward mentality / coaching is to blame with all our strike force ?

Dont forget hooper was 24hrs away from signing for championship side QPR so dont be suprised to see him stay. I think he will get a hatfull in the championship and we should build are side around his talents.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Dont forget hooper was 24hrs away from signing for championship side QPR so dont be suprised to see him stay. I think he will get a hatfull in the championship and we should build are side around his talents.[/quote]

Was he?

Or were him and his agent just forcing a Prem club (us) to make their move/firm up their interest?

He didn''t make much of the chances he had and therefore wasn''t selected. It''s the rules.

It''s not as if the Club stopped his pay-cheque after all.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Dont forget hooper was 24hrs away from signing for championship side QPR so dont be suprised to see him stay. I think he will get a hatfull in the championship and we should build are side around his talents.[/quote]

Was he?

Or were him and his agent just forcing a Prem club (us) to make their move/firm up their interest?

[/quote]

Redknapp publicly admitted interest.

I''d have thought it more likely that he move to one our ex-relegation rivals, but I would prefer to keep him. I think he has more chance of doing well in the Champs, but Redmond being preferred to him on Sun would probably not have sat well with him. I''d be happier to see Snodgrass go North though, just too slow for me, unless played in the middle as a No10.

AidanC wrote the following post at 2014-05-06 4:10 PM:

The words strike and force aren''t really in the vocabulary of one Hughton, Hooper, Wolfswinkel or Elmander.

Will any of them be a loss? Not for me.

[quote user="City 2nd"]AidanC wrote the following post at 2014-05-06 4:10 PM:

The words strike and force aren''t really in the vocabulary of one Hughton, Hooper, Wolfswinkel or Elmander.

Will any of them be a loss? Not for me.[/quote]

Agreed I don''t want any of them.

morty wrote the following post at 2014-05-06 4:

Have you seen him play this season? I have seen him a few times and he was truly awful, which is the reason he hasn''t been getting games.

How do you know that is the reason he hasn''t been getting games?

In what games have you seem him as being truly awful, (any from a starting position)?

If he hasn''t been treated badly, how do you equate this?

[quote user="City 2nd"]AidanC wrote the following post at 2014-05-06 4:10 PM:

Will any of them be a loss? Not for me.[/quote]Hooper used to score for fun at Scunthorpe and they were a side always fighting relegation in the Champs , find it unbelievable to think we could get a better striker in for that league than Hooper , Rhodes maybe ? no cannot see us shelling out £8 or 9 million on him . I think i would try tempt Ricky Lambert to come play alongside him , getting on and surely wont figure much for Southampton if hey strengthen again this summer .

[quote user="AidanC"]Sweet Jesus - he''s proven in the championship which most would agree is a tougher league than Portugal or Scotland - just because the price tag is different doesn''t mean the skill is[/quote]

We all know he has scored goals in the Championship but you started by making a reference to him not playing in the Prem and then said he was ''proven''. It would help us all if you worked a little harder on your sentence construction.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="GJP"]

Was he?

[/quote] Redknapp publicly admitted interest.[/quote]

So?

Doesn''t mean Hooper was that close to making the move.