Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Snodgrass is class

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="Jenkins"]Matt Juler wrote the following post at 30/04/2014 7:45 PM:

The love that many on here have for Snodgrass typifies the general level of intelligence of Norwich fans.

Scotland International player of the year, but not good enough for Norwich eh Matt?[/quote]

Wow, because that is such a big accolade![/quote]Compared to the awards all our other players have won......?

lharman7 wrote the following post at 05/05/2014 2:44 PM:

Jenkins wrote:
Matt Juler wrote the following post at 30/04/2014 7:45 PM:

The love that many on here have for Snodgrass typifies the general level of intelligence of Norwich fans.

Scotland International player of the year, but not good enough for Norwich eh Matt?

Wow, because that is such a big accolade!

Presumably you then think it''s worthless.

So what. International accolades are you expecting any other members of our squad?

[quote user="Jenkins"]Be honest now lharmen, your a Chelsea supporter aren''t you, feeling a bit sore this morning were you?[/quote]

Lol, nice try! Be a good boy and move along now!

Of course he has limitations, every player playing for us does and realistically will always do otherwise they would be playing for a Champions League team pretty sharpish. Give snoddy a bit more pace and he''d be a £20m player.

As far as keeping Snodgrass goes though, it''s vital if we can keep any of our ''better'' players that Snoddy is first on that list. He has torn the championship a new one before and will do again.

I''d like to congratulate him on becoming Scotland''s Internationsl Player of the year.

Well done Snoddy and look forward to seeing you in yellow and green again next season.

Will he need a work permit to play for us?

[quote user="Jenkins"]I''d like to congratulate him on becoming Scotland''s Internationsl Player of the year.

Well done Snoddy and look forward to seeing you in yellow and green again next season.

Will he need a work permit to play for us?[/quote]

You don''t mean Celtics away kit do you?

Jenkins wrote the following post at 06/05/2014 9:07 AM:

I''d like to congratulate him on becoming Scotland''s Internationsl Player of the year.

Will he need a work permit to play for us?

Yes, congratulations to Snoddy.

It''s notable that Gordon Strachan plays him centrally and not on the right.

I don''t get the negativity towards Snodgrass a lot of the time. I think it''s basically since he gave a bit back to the Snakepit, would hazard a guess that''s where iron_stan sits?

The guy is passionate about his football (which is something a lot of our players have lacked), and always gives his all. More importantly, who have we got who has performed better over the last couple of seasons? Would be gutted if he goes in the summer, need to hope the board can persuade him to stick it out until Jan.

Yes, he has weaknesses, but who doesn''t at this level? Seems to be yet another example of some fans who need a "boo boy".

I.S. wrote the following post at 06/05/2014 9:16 AM:

I don''t get the negativity towards Snodgrass a lot of the time. I think it''s basically since he gave a bit back to the Snakepit, would hazard a guess that''s where iron_stan sits?

Not sure you''re right there I.S, I think his reputation has grown in the snake pit since he gave some back, there is more humour around there now when he comes to take a corner.

Snodgrass is NOT class.

He struggles to put in a decent cross or set-piece delivery more often than not.

However, he shows some ''passion'', mainly being moaning at referees and falling over, so fans see him better than he really is.

Yes, he can be excellent, but he is far from class.

Not putting away that chance on Sunday summed him up - lots of huff and puff, but rarely an end product. 

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Not putting away that chance on Sunday summed him up - lots of huff and puff, but rarely an end product.  [/quote]

That chance was on his right foot.  He needed to hit it first time, instead, because he is less confident on that foot he took a touch with it (a heavy one at that) and the chance was gone.  

Did he say nasty things at the snakepit, Diddums.

At least he''s got some bottle and he rarely shows skill? Yeah those free kicks looked rubbish.

Snodgrass has his detractors by almost all of them are for petty personal reasons, pathetic.

Yep, no end-product Matt Juler. That''s why he''s our top scorer right, with 6 goals in 30 odd appearances, despite having played as a winger for the vast majority of the season?

We''ve been incredibly poor going forward this season, but we would have been even worse without Snodgrass. Very few other players in our squad have even looked like scoring, so I''m mystified at this continual criticism of someone who has doubtless been one of our best performers this season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]That chance was on his right foot.  He needed to hit it first time, instead, because he is less confident on that foot he took a touch with it (a heavy one at that) and the chance was gone. [/quote]Everyone was telling me the other day he was two footed.I firmly believe that for every goal he''s scored, we''d have scored twice as may with a conventional winger cutting in back into the box.  We''d then also have a RvW full of confidence.  Having Snoddy on the wing for a forward must be so difficult as you have no clue when or where the ball is going to arrive.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="lake district canary"]That chance was on his right foot.  He needed to hit it first time, instead, because he is less confident on that foot he took a touch with it (a heavy one at that) and the chance was gone. [/quote]Everyone was telling me the other day he was two footed.  I firmly believe that for every goal he''s scored, we''d have scored twice as may with a conventional winger cutting in back into the box.  We''d then also have a RvW full of confidence.  Having Snoddy on the wing for a forward must be so difficult as you have no clue when or where the ball is going to arrive.[/quote]

There have been times in every game he has played where his lack of crossing at the optimum time has cost us chances to score.  When in space on the right with three or four of our players in the box he hardly ever crosses first time.   Yes he scores and that is good - he has ability and guts - but it reflects on the team effort that everything goes through him.    Singling him out though is not completely fair, as the rest of the team haven''t been good enough often enough, either.  The overall ability of the team to hang on to the ball and move it around has been lacking.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="lake district canary"]That chance was on his right foot.  He needed to hit it first time, instead, because he is less confident on that foot he took a touch with it (a heavy one at that) and the chance was gone. [/quote]Everyone was telling me the other day he was two footed.I firmly believe that for every goal he''s scored, we''d have scored twice as may with a conventional winger cutting in back into the box.  We''d then also have a RvW full of confidence.  Having Snoddy on the wing for a forward must be so difficult as you have no clue when or where the ball is going to arrive.[/quote]

I think everyone was telling you he was one of the more two footed players at the club. Every footballer has a stronger foot. I don''t know why you are so keen to take issue with City fans when you consider us to be uninteligent...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The love that many on here have for Snodgrass typifies the general level of intelligence of Norwich fans.[/quote]

I think the problem with snoddy is that he is, if not our outright best at least one of them and certainly the most consistent of them. However, this means he has to be played when in actual fact it''s in detriment to the team as a whole. By this I mean that he can only be really effective playing as an inverted winger whereas the rest of the players don''t work in that kind of formation, hence our problems this year.

The reason I say he can only play as an inverted winger is that he doesn''t have the pace to skin a man on the outside so is ineffective on the left and he doesn''t have the nouse to beat a (premiership level) central defender, he is only really able to beat a man when he''s turning them onto their wrong side, if we saw an inverted fullback against him then he would be totally bu99ered!

Having said all of that, he is technically a very good player who we should do as much as possible to keep as against championsip defences he will be very effective (and that way we could sell him for a premium when we get promoted again)

cornish sam wrote the following post at 07/05/2014 7:40 AM:

I think the problem with snoddy is that he is, if not our outright best at least one of them and certainly the most consistent of them. However, this means he has to be played when in actual fact it''s in detriment to the team as a whole. By this I mean that he can only be really effective playing as an inverted winger whereas the rest of the players don''t work in that kind of formation, hence our problems this year.

The reason I say he can only play as an inverted winger is that he doesn''t have the pace to skin a man on the outside so is ineffective on the left and he doesn''t have the nouse to beat a (premiership level) central defender, he is only really able to beat a man when he''s turning them onto their wrong side, if we saw an inverted fullback against him then he would be totally bu99ered!

Having said all of that, he is technically a very good player who we should do as much as possible to keep as against championsip defences he will be very effective (and that way we could sell him for a premium when we get promoted again)

Fully agree with this.

Is this why Strachan plays him centrally for Scotland where his form and hard work has been rewarded.

Personally I would love it if I never see him on the right wing again, but that does not necessarily mean that I want to see the back of him!