Sign in to follow this  
rondy

Culverhouse?

Could he still do a job for us if/when he gets sacked by Villa?

I''m not sure if he''s manager material or not, but possibly working as a no 2/coach to Adams or a more experienced manager maybe? He is, or at least was when we was with us, a terrific coach and would I imagine still have a lot to offer. I''m not really sure what happened at Villa, there were rumours of him bullying younger players so maybe we should steer well clear. Would anyone want him back in any capacity or does this reek of little old norwich?

Remember the two members of staff suspended by a ''top football club'' a few weeks ago for drugs?

I''ve heard it''s no coincidence that culverhouse and Karsa were suspended around the same time.

I can''t believe some of the suggestions popping up on here lately, are you serious? Culverhouse back. Why not go the whole hog and have a management team of Adams, Gunn, and Culverhouse seeing as the old heros thing worked so well last time.

Paradox - Really? I didn''t know that. I can''t find a link about that story - would be interesting reading if you can find it.

Wow, mental. Very unusual in football for this story not to have come out in full. Perhaps a deal was done with the people involved - to suspend them but not let the reason be known?

He may not want the responsibility of management. You carry a much bigger burden as manager, with so many aspects and areas of the club involved. An assistant is more "nine to five", and his role is to advise, - he doesn''t take the difficult decisions.

I''m not sure what Gunn''s got to do with any of this. And are you saying that culverhouse didn''t work out last time?

Culverhouse is a proven coach at prem level. And I don''t have a problem with Adams either...

Wow, libeling two coaches on a public forum about drug use.  Sure the Pinkun will be fine with that....

I don''t know Ian at all, but from many conversation I''ve had with his father, I don''t believe Ian would ever be interested in being a first team manager.  He''s very happy to be the one behind the scenes, doing the day to day work on the training ground.

I was thinking more of a no 2 or head coach role, not manager - as stated in the op

I think we should forget about Culverhouse. For various reasons he was not rated by the Villa fans and now this messy situation.

Some people seem to want to drag back anybody and everybody who has had success at City in the past. Hucks, Bowen, Roberts, Robins etc. have all been muted as potential role players at Carrow Road at some time.

I draw the line at Malky and would expect him to come with his own men as his support team.

NA can carry on with his youth work until a lower league club see him as manager material.