Sign in to follow this  
lharman7

Players value and transfer kitty?

With an eye towards next season I''m interested to know what others are thinking in regards to some of our players value.

Taking values into account, surely the club wouldn''t want to go down the road of borrowing money to fund our transfer kitty.

Also, would you think 100% of the money from sales of players would be given to the manager?

These players IMO could be looking to leave/sold and are my valuation of them.

Ruddy- £8m

Snodgrass- £6m

Fer- £5m

Olsson- £4m

Tettey- £5m

Wolfswinkel- £4m

I thought this was a serious post until I came to the bottom line.....

Wolfswinkel £4m????

In our dreams............

I agree with your valuations OP.

Wolfie will have a residual value in Europe as he has scored goals there at two clubs and is young and has international status on his cv. We wouldn''t get a light for him from an English club though.

Ruddy, I feel, will only go if a big club comes along.

Snoddy is a very good little player but I wouldn''t cry if he was on his bike for reasons difficult to explain. Perhaps he is a difficult character to like. Can''t fault his effort though. 

I hope the two Dutch boys are content to give the English game another stab, even at a lower level.

Ditto Tettey, he would be great in the Chumps.

Olsson will hopefully/likely stay put.

[quote user="lharman7"]the club wouldn''t want to go down the road of borrowing money to fund our transfer kitty.[/quote]Who do you think would lend them money to buy players?

Tetty may be a bit on the high side but the others look fine. RVW has value on the continent and would represent half of what we paid, a painful experience and i have to say makes you think about the wisdom of continental buys, cheaper but high risk. Back to British buys for a few seasons now imo

I would like to think that we will keep RvW at least until the Jan window to see how he performs in the Championship. This may be just what he needs to focus his game and gain the confidence he needs.

I can''t see many clubs fighting for his signature over the summer and we would be lucky to get 3mil for him at the moment.

These look fine?  Maybe in your Football Manager world.Ruddy- £8m

- £4m topsSnodgrass- £6m

-£3m Fer- £5m

-£2/3mOlsson- £4m

£2/3mTettey- £5m

£1/2mWolfswinkel- £4m

2/3m

Best to get shot of Ricky.

He''ll never make it as a Premier League player.

Fortunately we''re blessed with a very good squad for the Championship, we''ll lose a few but have a good base to build from.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lharman7"]the club wouldn''t want to go down the road of borrowing money to fund our transfer kitty.[/quote]Who do you think would lend them money to buy players?[/quote]

Would like to think any big financial institute seeing as though we have no external debt and have decent assets. Financially we are a very sound run club.

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lharman7"]the club wouldn''t want to go down the road of borrowing money to fund our transfer kitty.[/quote]Who do you think would lend them money to buy players?[/quote]

Would like to think any big financial institute seeing as though we have no external debt and have decent assets. Financially we are a very sound run club.[/quote]And because we are a very sound run club means we wouldn''t borrow money to buy players.

[quote user="ref89"]These look fine?  Maybe in your Football Manager world.Ruddy- £8m

- £4m topsSnodgrass- £6m

-£3m Fer- £5m

-£2/3mOlsson- £4m

£2/3mTettey- £5m

£1/2mWolfswinkel- £4m

2/3m

[/quote]

Lol, I used to love Football Manager back in the day. Haven''t played it in years!

You''re trying to tell me Olsson, Tettey, Fer and Wolfswinkel are all roughly worth what we sold Grant Holt for?

Stick to reffing ref89!

I agree with the valuations, except that those for Snodgrass and Olsson may be a little high. The former will likely go to Scotland, and I doubt if they will pay as much, and the same applies if English clubs come sniffing. He has limitations as a left foot right winger with little pace.

I personally think that Olsson is worth the price, - he has been an outstanding player all season, but surely we got him for less just 9 months ago? I feel something similar with Tettey. We paid nothing like £5m, and he is not as good as Olsson.

In the end it may also depend on how much we want to keep any of the players. If we were desperate to retain one or more, we could always increase their wages, but this could work to lower bids made, who knows?

[quote user="morty"]We won''t sell Ricky, he''ll be loaned out for a season.[/quote]

I had not though of that option. You could be right on the money with that one!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lharman7"]the club wouldn''t want to go down the road of borrowing money to fund our transfer kitty.[/quote]Who do you think would lend them money to buy players?[/quote]

Would like to think any big financial institute seeing as though we have no external debt and have decent assets. Financially we are a very sound run club.[/quote]And because we are a very sound run club means we wouldn''t borrow money to buy players.[/quote]

I''m saying surely the club wouldn''t want to. They surely don''t need to and nobody likes to have debt!

If you think we are going to sell RUDDY for £4m and FER for £2/3m than frankly you are mad. We dont need to sell people on the cheap. Especially a full England & Dutch internatiobal who are at there peak age and have 2-3 years left on there contracts. I think we would be looking for at least £5m each.

Its not the Neil Doncaster years, these players wont have low release fees, we are debt free and dont need to sell players on the cheap.

The thing is, some of these players might be stuck with us. We don''t need to sell next season so unless someone is willing to pay top dollar we won''t sell. Especially if Wes'' little tizzy in January is to go by. He gambled by kicking up a fuss and it backfired. If Villa were that bothered about him, they''d have paid the going rate.

Ruddy has already stated he owes us a bit but I wonder if the club might want to cash in on him. I think we''d be tempted in if someone offered £6m as we have a couple of good keepers waiting and ready.

Fer will not be leaving for a small fee. He''s a quality player who will command at least £8m unless he has a relegation release fee (I suspect he will) but even that will be equal to or more than the £4m we paid for him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] Fer will not be leaving for a small fee. He''s a quality player who will command at least £8m unless he has a relegation release fee (I suspect he will) but even that will be equal to or more than the £4m we paid for him. [/quote]

Maybe if someone has got a lot of money to chuck around but Fer hasn''t played like an £8m player this season.

We paid £4m for him and based on this season alone if we''d have paid anymore for him we''d have been ripped off.

He''s talented but he''s got to do a lot more. I''d like to see him stay with us because he''s certainly not played so well that he doesn''t deserve to be relegated with the rest. But because he has got a bit of ability I guess he''ll see himself as better than the Champs and will be trying to force a move.

I would expect these players to leave at the end of the season.

Ruddy - £7m

Snoddy - £6m

Fer - £5m

Pilks - Free

RVW - maybe loaned out

I also believe we will spend about £10m from them sales in the summer tweaking the squad.

[quote user="GC"] Fortunately we''re blessed with a very good squad for the Championship[/quote]

On paper our players should excel in the champs;   however the same could be said  for nearly every relegated team for the last 10 years,  including our green hux ashton squad from 9 years ago.

However the key to bouncing back in mental strength;  the drive to make it happen at brentford etc on the cliched wet tuesday nights.      That is  my prime concern with this squad - do they have the team spirit & fortitude to grind out promotion with the weight of expectation performance and being one of the teams to beat each week on their shoulders?    This seasons performances suggests at best we just dont know and more strongly they dont.

A captain and leaders being brought in  is a must.  

Impossible to guess fees as there are too many unknown factors.

McNally stated that players have relegation clauses that means their wages will automatically drop - if that''s the case players will probably also have clauses meaning they have a ''relegation relase fee'' which will be less than their market value. Also, if Norwich feel Fer, Ruddy or Howson''s wages are unsustainable for a Championship club they will sell for less than value. Norwich will look at it as not just the fee recieved but also the value of the contract they won''t have to pay anymore i.e. Howson has a contract worth say £3m of wages and Norwich sell for £4m, that is seen as a £7m gain.

But basically it will come down to what is in players contracts, and also how the players themselves feel. Ruddy will not want to stay, his quotes about not going to Chelsea in the summer sounded pretty regretful at the time, let alone the fact he''ll soon be a Championship player.

I see Leicester, Burnley, Hull, West Ham, WBA, Sunderland and Villa being very interested in some of our players - will be hard to fight them all off, especially if a player wants out.