Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Wednesday Or Sunday ?

I don''t want to make a post that is all doom and gloom but my friends and i were discussing today, should the worst hapoen and we do get relegated. Would you rather we were relegated Wednesday or Sunday ? If the worst was the happen Wednesday, we could give some youngsters a chance on the last day. Like Man utd today, they have nothing to play for so are playing a couple of youth players. If we did go down on Wednesday, would anyone give some younger players a run out on the last day ?

No because there is still merit money to play for, albeit for only one place. It is still a fair bit of dosh.

Better to be 18th. than 19th. in any case.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]I don''t want to make a post that is all doom and gloom but my friends and i were discussing today, should the worst hapoen and we do get relegated. Would you rather we were relegated Wednesday or Sunday ? If the worst was the happen Wednesday, we could give some youngsters a chance on the last day. Like Man utd today, they have nothing to play for so are playing a couple of youth players. If we did go down on Wednesday, would anyone give some younger players a run out on the last day ?[/quote]Digressing from your question slightly, if we''re still in it Wednesday then our chances are improved substantially, because Swansea will be a tougher fixture for Sunderland. Whatever happens though, I hope the team put everything into the Arsenal game. If we''re going out, it might as well be with a nice swansong.

Wednesday.

Yes, play some youth in sunday, nothing to lose.

Half time entertainment on sunday is McNally''s death over relegation performance, probably better than the crossbar challenge.

If it''s a given, I''d rather it''s tonight. I agree with the above though that if Sunderland don''t sew it up tonight, it will become a lot more tougher for them. Literally anything can happen on the last day of the season.

If it''s definitely our fate then I''d rather it is tonight. I have Sunday dinner with my Sunderland-supporting Father-in-law this weekend. I''m crap at putting on a brave face.

Head says tonight but heart is saying Sunday, I''ll be checking the score although the last time I did that Sunderland won 1-0 at Old Trafford!

Maybe I''ll just turn my phone off!