Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The other premiership clubs looking down at our players to poach

What will they be thinking? There''s the Snoddy and Fer rumours and there''ll no doubt be more rumours regarding Ruddy and Pilks etc.

Will they think they can get bargains from us or will they prefer the abroad route or the teams in financial mess?

Do they think they will be able to pluck the best players from us on the cheap or will they now be looking a season or two ahead at the best players from teams that went down then like we did with Olsson?

It seems these days that it''s not the relegation year that is the financially damaging one, but rather you only feel it if you don''t get back up first or second time of asking.

i was reading twitter after the chelsea and came across tweets from west ham fans saying they should go in for snoddy and olsson. Also everton fans talking about wanting Redmond.

Think a lot depends on what contracts people have. For example I''m pretty sure Snodgrass only has a year left on his deal, so teams will fancy nicking him for a relatively cheap sum

But Howson signed a long term deal in December so they''d have to pay more because there''s no danger of us losing him in a year or so

Ruddy to Leicester and Snodgrass to Celtic is two I have a feeling will happen

Ruddy to Leicester? Only if they give us like £10m although that wouldn''t surprise me. They are focussed on trying to keep Schmichael. I think Ruddy would only kick up a fuss if the likes of Spurs wanted him to replace the potentially out going Lloris. He''ll either stay or go for big money. Snodgrass i''m resigned to losing.

Everton were keen on Redmond last summer so I suppose they might come back.

There are relatively few that have made themselves attractive transfer targets I''d say.

Ruddy is the obvious candidate for me.  And if a good offer comes in, could we really say no ?  He''s done well for us.  If our GKs next season would be Bunn/Rudd competing for the starting position with Nash as backup, is that a problem ?  So it would get in a lump of cash, reduce wages, and still leave us with good cover at that position.

Snodgrass I also expect to go -  a good offer from Celtic and we''d probably agree to sell him.  Again, with Josh Murphy coming through, we have pretty good cover in that position.

Pilks is more tricky given his injury record.  What will his attitude be ?  Do we actually want to sell him if we can?

Hooper I''d like to keep but if Celtic offer £5m to take him back, could we get a more versatile striker for the same money ?

Fer I expect to go, perhaps not to the Prem but abroad - again, not a problem if we can get in a replacement who''s a bit more committed.

Tettey and Olsson are two quality players I really hope we can keep hold of - both would do well in the Champ IMO.

As for RVW, who knows ?

The Hooper thing i actually think will work in our favour. He moved to us to get in the England squad. Going back to Celtic after an average season with us will basically kill any chances of that. He either goes back to the premiership or stays with us and gets us promoted if he can''t attract that move.

I guess we''ll see how ambitious he is...

I''d put a bet on us not selling both of Hooper and RVW. I think we''ll keep one of them, due to the huge financial outlay on them both. I think the sensible option would be Hooper. RVW will probably go back to the continent. Fer, probably the same. I don''t know if he''s worked hard enough to interest another premiership club.

I think we can definitely keep (if we want them):

Hooper, Howson, Johnson, Murphys x2, Redmond, E Bennett, Tettey, Olsson, Martin, R Bennett, Turner, Whittaker, Garrido, Bunn.

We''ll almost definitely lose/sell:

Snodgrass

Ruddy

Fer

Wildcards - could stay, could go:

Wolfswinkel

Becchio

Hoolahan

Pilkington

Bassong

Fox

I doubt if many will go, as few of our players are likely to be attractive to other Prem clubs.

The most likely are:

Ruddy

Olsson

Fer

Snodgrass.

Although we shall be financially in a reasonably good position, I hope that the club will resist poor offers, and make the vultures pay the maximum!

Players who will attract interest who will most likely go:

Ruddy

Olsson

Fer

Snodgrass

Players who will probably want to go who we need to get off wage bill:

Bassong

RVW

Players who are rumoured to want to leave:

Hoolahan

Pilkington

Becchio

Out of contract/Loan end:

Fox

Yobo

Gutierrez

Elmander

I can personally see the likes of Howson, Hooper, Redmond all staying.