Sign in to follow this  
Monty burns

Remember ipswich?

To be fair I haven''t given them a thought over the past 3 years..

We''ll according to a close friend who happens to be a town fan they are planning to have a banner flown over carrow road on Sunday with no doubt a hysterical message for us all!

They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it.

Tin. Pot.

Still apart from fiddling their sisters they don''t get a lot of excitement these days. I''m almost embarrassed for them.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it.

Tin. Pot.

Still apart from fiddling their sisters they don''t get a lot of excitement these days. I''m almost embarrassed for them.[/quote]

Pot Kettle Black.

Ipswich won the old First Division. Norwich have consistently failed to establish themselves as a top flight team.

And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it.

Tin. Pot.

Still apart from fiddling their sisters they don''t get a lot of excitement these days. I''m almost embarrassed for them.[/quote]

Pot Kettle Black.

Ipswich won the old First Division. Norwich have consistently failed to establish themselves as a top flight team.

And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.[/quote]So, you''re not denying the point about your sisters.....

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it.

Tin. Pot.

Pot Kettle Black.

And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.[/quote]All that historical success you''re clinging onto is getting further and further away......Don''t forget former groundsman winning Championship and Premiership Groundsman of the year[Y]

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it. Tin. Pot. Still apart from fiddling their sisters they don''t get a lot of excitement these days. I''m almost embarrassed for them.[/quote] Pot Kettle Black. Ipswich won the old First Division. Norwich have consistently failed to establish themselves as a top flight team. And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.[/quote]

[|-)]

ClubLast Season
Trophy Won
Trophy
Manchester City2014League Cup
Chelsea2013Europa League
Wigan Athletic2013FA Cup
Manchester United2013League Championship
Swansea City2013League Cup
Liverpool2012League Cup
Birmingham City2011League Cup
Portsmouth2008FA Cup
Tottenham Hotspur2008League Cup
Arsenal2005FA Cup
Middlesbrough2004League Cup
Blackburn Rovers2002League Cup
Leicester City2000League Cup
Aston Villa1996League Cup
Everton1995FA Cup
Leeds United1992League Championship
Sheffield Wednesday1991League Cup
Nottingham Forest1990League Cup
Milton Keynes Dons (as Wimbledon)1988FA Cup
Luton Town1988League Cup
Coventry City1987FA Cup
Oxford United1986League Cup
Norwich City1985League Cup
Ipswich Town1981UEFA Cup
West Ham United1980FA Cup
Wolverhampton Wanderers1980League Cup
Southampton1976FA Cup
Derby County1975League Championship
Sunderland1973FA Cup
Stoke City1972League Cup
Newcastle United1969UEFA Cup
Swindon Town1969League Cup
West Bromwich Albion1968FA Cup
Queens Park Rangers1967League Cup
Burnley1960League Championship
Bolton Wanderers1958FA Cup
Blackpool1953FA Cup
Charlton Athletic1947FA Cup
Preston North End1938FA Cup
Cardiff City1927FA Cup
Huddersfield Town1926League Championship
Sheffield United1925FA Cup
Barnsley1912FA Cup
Bradford City1911FA Cup
Bury1903FA Cup
Notts County1894FA Cup

Another league table we''re above the scum in.

Doesn''t make particularly pleasant reading for either but that''s a side issue...[:)]

While you''re here Manic I wonder if you''ve any news on Blue Mike? I haven''t heard from him for such a long time. Do you think he may now be up to putting in an appearance[:^)]

I miss him and his blue buddies [:''(]

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They''ll probably add another star above their donkey for it. Tin. Pot. Still apart from fiddling their sisters they don''t get a lot of excitement these days. I''m almost embarrassed for them.[/quote] Pot Kettle Black. Ipswich won the old First Division. Norwich have consistently failed to establish themselves as a top flight team. And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.[/quote]

If we wanted a history lesson, would go back to school.... like Leeds Utd, if you cut Portaloo Road in half you still would not fill it!! Least if we look to the future, you are the most established club in the Championship, done extremely well in not getting a points deduction when the Administrators came calling, and you have a few good players and ex-players who make front page reading for there Gambling problems and for Affray in the Town!!! But also you have been quiet for the last 3-4 years!!

Manic Street Preacher - Fine, you''re a Town fan.. But you''ve been spending your time on this message board pretending to be a City fan, having pointless arguments about David McNally etc..

...just why? Is it that boring being a Town fan?

[quote user="MancCanary"]Manic Street Preacher - Fine, you''re a Town fan.. But you''ve been spending your time on this message board pretending to be a City fan, having pointless arguments about David McNally etc..

...just why? Is it that boring being a Town fan?[/quote]

Yes!http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/ipswich-town-the-most-boring-football-team-in-the-world/#_

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]Pot Kettle Black.

And then there''s the FA and UEFA Cups that Norwich have never come close to winning.[/quote]Ha!  Another history lesson from a binner. History is all you lot have, but you always fail to mention your history also includes administration (would have been twice if you hadn''t sold your soul to the ticket tout) and knocking local charities and even your own shareholders. Let''s talk about the here and now. £82m in debt, the only thing you owned (the training ground) is gone, you play on the council tip and now you''re asked to fund the academy. Paupers.  Yep, no wonder you only want to talk about thing that happened before Pontious was a pilot.

Heres some more recent history.....

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]