Sign in to follow this  
morty

Relegation disappointment.

I strangely don''t have any.The Premiership is only fun if you are competitive, which we obviously haven''t been this season.I have enjoyed my away trips while in the Prem, but it has been hard work at times, and if we did stay up I doubt I''d be going to as many.I''m actually starting to wonder how I''d handle if we somehow stayed up!

The only disapointment for me is we are not having a crack at it with a better manager who can push us on. But gimme a choice of another season in prem with hughton or championship without hughton i would pick championship every time.

Will also be disappointing to lose Ruddy, Snoddy.

[quote user="morty"]I strangely don''t have any.The Premiership is only fun if you are competitive, which we obviously haven''t been this season.I have enjoyed my away trips while in the Prem, but it has been hard work at times, and if we did stay up I doubt I''d be going to as many.I''m actually starting to wonder how I''d handle if we somehow stayed up! [/quote]

Man up! [:^)]

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]The only disapointment for me is we are not having a crack at it with a better manager who can push us on. But gimme a choice of another season in prem with hughton or championship without hughton i would pick championship every time.

Will also be disappointing to lose Ruddy, Snoddy.[/quote]And welcome back Declan Rudd and Elliot Bennet[:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I strangely don''t have any.The Premiership is only fun if you are competitive, which we obviously haven''t been this season.I have enjoyed my away trips while in the Prem, but it has been hard work at times, and if we did stay up I doubt I''d be going to as many.I''m actually starting to wonder how I''d handle if we somehow stayed up! [/quote]

Man up! [:^)]

[/quote]Eh?

I''m only disappointed I didn''t think we were getting relegated in August last year because then I could have spent the last eight months bleating on about it and could now play the "I''m a f*cking genius and you''re all stupid" card, even though supporting one''s team should generally involve looking for upside.  Still, I''ll learn for next season.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m only disappointed I didn''t think we were getting relegated in August last year because then I could have spent the last eight months bleating on about it and could now play the "I''m a f*cking genius and you''re all stupid" card, even though supporting one''s team should generally involve looking for upside.  Still, I''ll learn for next season.[/quote][insert new managers name here] out!

Am disappointed I have been calling it right all season. I hate being right especially as so few people realised just how hapless hughton was.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Am disappointed I have been calling it right all season. I hate being right especially as so few people realised just how hapless hughton was.[/quote]Oh you *rolls eyes*

Rather agree with this, the last eighteen months has been pretty tedious stuff, drab football with the Sword of Damocles hanging above our heads for months isn''t much fun.

All so avoidable but that''s all academic now, get the right manager in and a competitive season back in the Chump.

I''m not sure what the season ticket sales have been like, it''d be interesting to know as I wonder how many others have become disillusioned of late?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m only disappointed I didn''t think we were getting relegated in August last year because then I could have spent the last eight months bleating on about it and could now play the "I''m a f*cking genius and you''re all stupid" card, even though supporting one''s team should generally involve looking for upside.  Still, I''ll learn for next season.[/quote]Is that hand in your signature for a high five? If so, consider it high fived for that excellent comment. [Y]

Agree, with Morty. Last time we relegated from the Prem I was absolutely gutted. This time, I''m disappointed, but definitely not angry and plssed off like last time. It won''t be easy, but managed correctly we could be yo-yo''ing back up again within a season or two, and nothing is better than a promotion. Working away and missing a load of games, I will also get more matches out of my season ticket - Yay.

Most people should now be in acceptance of the situation (should it happen....I guess its now at 95% chance), I certainly am, and feel that it is all part and parcel of where the club is at right now. Based on that and considering the overall situation, I really do see an exciting season coming up with us challenging for an automatic promotion spot, play off''s minimum, I really do. The problem then is that if we get back in the EPL it will be a similar situation for us to manage being one of the smaller fish again, but hopefully one that has learnt from these last three seasons. I am certainly not angry aboub the situation now and remain a loyal supporter, albeit of the plastic kind. 

In an ideal situation, we get to keep our most profiled players, and I sincerely hope RvW and Fer sticks around, along Ruddy and Snodgrass.

RvW would be better off with a season in the Championship, to man up a bit, and get his confidence back. He will get more space, more success, and growing confidence. He is on a long contract as well, so hopefully he stays, as he has a reputation of being a whimp after this sorry season, and his future in England will rely on him having a decent season in English football now.

Fer also need to feel he can dominate more than he did this season. A bit too slow in his decision making, and a bit to arrogant on the ball sometimes, me thinks.

Ruddy...unsure. Something tells me we should cash in if a good offer comes along. He has got a long contract as well. Not convinced he is much better, in the long run, than Rudd.

Snoddy...need to be a team player more than he is. Plenty of effort, but is terrible at finding the strikers with quality passes. Seems to be playing too much for himself this season. Maybe wants a move away, and will likely get it. Adams, if in charge, would want more pace on the wings, and likely not inverted wingers. Either Snoddy is converted into the Wes role in the hole, or he is off, me thinks.

Wes....likely off. Strange he did not feature under Adams. Likely will against Arsenal?

Tettey...will stay, and is a must in the Championship. Battlehardened, and can muscle his way out of a few battles. Will be important for us.

Howson...likely to dominate more in the Champ. If injury free he will be important.

Johnson...I would sell. Not good enough. Slow on the ball, terrible passing success percentage, and in general not better in breaking up play than Tettey is.

Fox... gone.

Elliott Bennett..exciting times for him. Remains to be seen how much he is set back from his injury, but he has got a part to play next season.

Redmond....will stay. Still young, a lot to learn, and hopefully he has not got too full of himself from all the praise directed at him. Need to work on his end product, and will be almost a regular in the Champ.

Pilkington....gone. He has lost his head, and is so injury prone that we can just sell, even with a loss.

Hooper...difficult one. Not sure he stays. Need someone to play alongside, and we don''t have one at the moment. I think he goes, and a big forwards is bought to accompany RvW.

Becchio....unsure. Could do a big man job alongside RvW, but confidence is shot, and probably pissed off after a season on the sidelines. Gone?

Elmander....off. Not good enough.

Bassong ...off

Yobo...Off

Turner...stays. Will be important.

Martin...likely stays, but I would want him gone. Slow, lost his confidence, noway good enough.

Whittaker.....terrible on the ball. Decent enough in breaking up things, but his distribution is horrible. I would sell him and bring in a younger player to develop.

Loza, Morris, Murphys will all be important in the Championship. It is vital that they get game time now, and the (new) manager gives them faith.

Likely Adams will stay on, I think, and he knows these young players, so if Adams stays, they will get chances.

It tells you everything you know about Morty if you read his OP.If you want forelock tugging ''little old Norwich'' subservience, allied to uninformed lectures, he''s your man.If , on the other hand, you want reasoned debate, ambition and the best for NCFC, look elsewhere.

I can sympathise to some extent with Morty but my belief is that we should be big enough to remain a Premiership team. I would much rather us fight it out in the toughest league in the world than play wannabe teams in the Championship.

The disappointment for me is that this season we had the potential and the tools available to easily remain in the Premiership. Following a top 11 finish and with our most expensive ever squad staying up should have been easy. Adding to that we were debt free and could be very agile in the January transfer window if needed.

Poor management from Hughton and even poorer situational management from the board has resulted in failure to do this.

It is disappointing that similar sized clubs like Palace, West Ham and Southampton have got it right this season and we have failed.

Getting back up is not going to be that easy either. Only one relegated club in the last three seasons has gone straight back up again.

[quote user="morty"]I strangely don''t have any.The Premiership is only fun if you are competitive, which we obviously haven''t been this season.I have enjoyed my away trips while in the Prem, but it has been hard work at times, and if we did stay up I doubt I''d be going to as many.I''m actually starting to wonder how I''d handle if we somehow stayed up! [/quote]
Morty having given this some thought I can only say I remain gutted as we have blown a great chance.
OK - we are looking for consolations when the what looks to be inevitable happens. Each season brings a new dawn, the championship is a good division and matches will be tough and competitive, and hopefully we will wake up on a lot more Sunday and Wednesday mornings feeling that all is good with the world. Maybe some of our younger players will get a chance and be great successes.
On a personal level the more regular game times works so much better.
But would I rather we stayed in the premiership - of course I would. Gutted!!!

Poor Reggie, following me round the forum, a wee bit obsessed and obviously lonely, and desperate for my attention[:(]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="morty"]I strangely don''t have any.The Premiership is only fun if you are competitive, which we obviously haven''t been this season.I have enjoyed my away trips while in the Prem, but it has been hard work at times, and if we did stay up I doubt I''d be going to as many.I''m actually starting to wonder how I''d handle if we somehow stayed up! [/quote]
Morty having given this some thought I can only say I remain gutted as we have blown a great chance.
OK - we are looking for consolations when the what looks to be inevitable happens. Each season brings a new dawn, the championship is a good division and matches will be tough and competitive, and hopefully we will wake up on a lot more Sunday and Wednesday mornings feeling that all is good with the world. Maybe some of our younger players will get a chance and be great successes.
On a personal level the more regular game times works so much better.
But would I rather we stayed in the premiership - of course I would. Gutted!!!
[/quote]I think this is the change that this club needs. I fear that if we do stay up, we''ll limp along again next season. And I can see a lot of positives in letting a new manager be a bigger fish in a smaller pond for a season.

Personally I can see the positives in remaining in the Premier League, appointing a new manager and kicking on from there.

But if you like the though of your ''Little Norwich'' mentality Morty, then fair enough.

I am a bit puzzled as to why Morty suddenly seems to be an unpopular poster on here. I have always welcomed Morty''s contributions and looked forwards to hearing what Morty''s take is on a subject.

Re the thread - things will become clearer with time, but at the moment it seems to me that Hughton had an eye for a good player, but an inability to build a good team, both in terms of set up and tactics.

Unfortunately the Prem is a very unforgiving place, and not somewhere to rebuild a team so a return to the Championship may be a necessity rather than a disaster.

The difference from last time will be our financial position, for which the Board should be congratulated.

Why did Hughton persist with two wingers (inverted or not) when this so clearly didn''t work for us?

Has the game moved on and the way forward - at least in the Prem -lies in wing-backs?

How would wing-backs fare in the Championship?

Morty

"I think this is the change that this club needs. I fear that if we do stay up, we''ll limp along again next season. And I can see a lot of positives in letting a new manager be a bigger fish in a smaller pond for a season."

You think we need to be relegated. What makes you think we would limp along next season ?

Presumably you are assuming that we will only be down for a season then will come straight back up. That is some mighty big assumption Morty.

I just can''t understand your thinking .

[quote user="Walt"]Morty

"I think this is the change that this club needs. I fear that if we do stay up, we''ll limp along again next season. And I can see a lot of positives in letting a new manager be a bigger fish in a smaller pond for a season."

You think we need to be relegated. What makes you think we would limp along next season ?

Presumably you are assuming that we will only be down for a season then will come straight back up. That is some mighty big assumption Morty.

I just can''t understand your thinking .[/quote]Perhaps I''m the sort of person that doesn''t worry about things I have no control over?Perhaps its inevitable, and I''m trying to draw positives maybe?Understand now?

[quote user="GC"]Yes of course.

Anyone who disagrees with you is obviously wrong.

Arrogant fool.[/quote] Welcome back Maccy. [:D]