Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

It will all be decided on Sunday

I think west Brom will win tomorrow night and we can look forward to a cracking last day of the season. I have every faith that our lads can get a win against Arsenal, we can only hope that the Swans do us a big favour. That''s the one that worries me, but I know we will do our bit.

With both teams needing just one point to send Norwich (all but) down, you think?

Wake up and accept the ineveitable, my friend.  We''re down.

If it goes to the final day, I can actually see us winning. I do, however, feel the Swans have nothing to play for and Sunderland will win.It''s a shame even a draw at the Stadium of Light will see them safe. If only Man Utd had of turned up Saturday and won and it would look much better for us after our draw on Sunday.

Who knows, though, Palace had nothing to play for, but scored 3 goals in 11 minutes and made a comeback after going 3 down last night.

I''m thinking we are down, though, and anything else will be a massive bonus,

Yellow Bird wrote the following post at 06/05/2014 7:24 AM:

If it goes to the final day, I can actually see us winning. I do, however, feel the Swans have nothing to play for and Sunderland will win.It''s a shame even a draw at the Stadium of Light will see them safe. If only Man Utd had of turned up Saturday and won and it would look much better for us after our draw on Sunday.

Who knows, though, Palace had nothing to play for, but scored 3 goals in 11 minutes and made a comeback after going 3 down last night.

I''m thinking we are down, though, and anything else will be a massive bonus,

That''s exactly the point Yellow, this on the beach thing may well effect some teams under particular circumstances but it certainly can''t be applied across the board.

WBA have had a terrible season and they will want to prove that they''re not as bad as their position suggests.

All the pressure is on Sunderland for that game and I think the baggies will do it.

Will make Sunday a cracker, I will not accept that it''s all a foregone conclusion.

The way that Sunderland have been playing recently I think that they will sweep WBA away, and Sunday will be academic. I certainly can''t see Sunderland losing two consecutive games at home, again in the light of their recent performances. We are dead and buried, I fear.

We lost our position in the Premiership weeks ago in a number of now-show performances.

[quote user="Jenkins"]I think west Brom will win tomorrow night and we can look forward to a cracking last day of the season. I have every faith that our lads can get a win against Arsenal, we can only hope that the Swans do us a big favour. That''s the one that worries me, but I know we will do our bit.[/quote]

That''s some crystal ball you have there. You must be a wizard!

Arsenal at home will be irrelevant!

It was all decided at home to West Brom I''m afraid. Still stranger things have happened. We just have to hope that now Sunderland are on the brink of safety the pressure gets to them.

Well if we can screw up to WBA at home, hopefully so can Sunderland.

If you really believe, I suggest you get down the bookies and get the 50/1 available on Sunderland to go down.

How annoying would it be if Sunderland screwed up both their games and we didn''t beat Arsenal!

How annoying would it be if Sunderland screwed up both their games and we didn''t beat Arsenal!

The thought had crossed my mind with our inability to find the net.

Sunderland have had more luck in their last few games than we have had in the last three seasons. We are going down.

Maybe they''ve used all their luck up Joanna Gray, and ours is about to kick in? ;)

I fully expect them to get a point at least against West Brom, but if it does go down to the end of the season, Swansea are just the sort of team to put a massive spanner in the works.

If you think back to our game against WBA, the pressure was really on to get a result - and the pressure got to us.   Pressure does funny things to footballers and if WBA turn up, then Sunderland will feel it and if they don''t score early, then who knows......

In that scenario the pressure would be on them even more on the last day of the season - and if we can get an early goal against Arsenal and that news filters through to the crowd at Sunderland, things could get very interesting.

Thee are millions of pounds at stake as well as premiership survival - and it is Sunderland''s to lose - the pressure is all on them.

Sunderland have two bites of the cherry this week, so to speak. IF they lose tomorrow night, they get another crack on Sunday. It''s not like they have to win either game. They only need one point. Losing both is possible, but unlikely I fear.

much as I would like it to go to Sunday I really cant see it.. Sunderland will finish the job tomorrow...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]much as I would like it to go to Sunday I really cant see it.. Sunderland will finish the job tomorrow...[/quote]It might even make the game against Arsenal a bit more enjoyable.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]much as I would like it to go to Sunday I really cant see it.. Sunderland will finish the job tomorrow...[/quote]It might even make the game against Arsenal a bit more enjoyable.[/quote]

perhaps it will...how many times do relegated teams go out and win their next match? pressure is off it seems.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]much as I would like it to go to Sunday I really cant see it.. Sunderland will finish the job tomorrow...[/quote]It might even make the game against Arsenal a bit more enjoyable.[/quote]

perhaps it will...how many times do relegated teams go out and win their next match? pressure is off it seems.[/quote]Lets face it, if it came down to us needing to win on Sunday I suspect we''d ar$e it up anyway.

[quote user="I.S."]Maybe they''ve used all their luck up Joanna Gray, and ours is about to kick in? ;)

I fully expect them to get a point at least against West Brom, but if it does go down to the end of the season, Swansea are just the sort of team to put a massive spanner in the works.[/quote]If Sunderland do get a point against West Brom or Swansea, there''s still a chance that we will beat Arsenal by a 13 goal margin.

I''m 100% behind those baggies tonight! their support has never been so great.

Come on lads, you can do it!