Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Steve McClaren

Thought I would throw his name into the mix for being the next manager. What are people''s thoughts?

Has done a brilliant job at Derby this year and is very experienced.

No thank you. With his record before Derby you would have to explain why his change is permanent and not a fluke.

He has previous connections with Derby, the club suits him and vice versa. Plus, their fans are under no illusions about how good their team is. It''s shite and McClaren has worked a minor miracle to keep them in the play-offs. Expect him to get the brolly out if they manage to claw their way into the P/L.Would I want him at Carrow Road? No! Except when he brings his team for a thrashing.[:)]

Is there no end to this list of potential managers?

Surely mention of Steve McLaren means we are nearing the end. Sorry OP.

The only thing in his favour is the fact that his command of the Dutch language might make Leroy and Ricki decide to stay put.

Steve McClaren confuses me. One day, he comes across as a very good manager as his work at Twente (1st stint), Middlesbrough and Derby show but he''s also shown an ability to struggle with other teams (Wofsburg, Nottingham Forest, England). The only thing I can say about his Derby side (from what I''ve seen) is that they''re very ''dutch'' in style, playing a possession based 4-3-3.

If available you would have to consider him surely, short spells at Wolsburg and Forest, but overall very decent win ratio and clearly an excellent coach.