Sign in to follow this  

Put yourself in our shoes chaps, watching Sky sports on an empty saturday Norwich are beating Crystal Penalty 1-3,Southampton are beating Villa 2-0 and we have 2 tough away games to come so its looking bleak, yet the good lord, like a true baggie comes through for us with 2 perfect final results. the only worry now is with your 2 easy home games you will have 30 points come Saturday night and we may well still be stuck on 28, if that happens you will be getting giddy-you had a reasonable amount of luck on the run in last year surely you are not going to do that again and take 10 points out of 12, thats not very helpful to us is it?

And the luck on our run in last year was...?  I suppose you''re going to say the assist from Neale Barry against Reading, but that ball still had to be converted and it took a great deal of skill and some quick thinking to do it!  (Can''t believe I''ve just written a testimonial for Mullers there, and for free!!!)  Any other luck you can think of we''d be interested to be reminded of as in our last ten games we picked up 24 points, if my memory serves me right, and the Reading game was just one of those not all ten!!!  Anyway, I''m not so sure you will fail to pick up anything this week just as much as I''m not sure we''ll pick up one let alone two wins.  Good though that you (and your fellow Baggies on your Rivals site) seem to think that it''s all still to play for.  Beats mid-table obscurity doesn''t it?!!!!!!

Hi off the boil, good to hear from you again!!  It couldn''t have gone better for you could it really?  Still, we have had weekends like that as well so I suppose it all evens up in the end.  This is going to be a tense time in the month ahead and while I don''t want to see you relegated on the hand I do!! (If you get my drift.) 

Hi Susie B, good to have you back on the board.

Thanks westoncanary.  I''ve never really been away, but have been too busy to post much lately, apart from the odd brief sentence (nothing new there then!)  Hope you still have your souvenir papers tucked away in a safe place for your ancestors to read and marvel over in years to decades to come - although I hope there''ll be more to add to your collection in the near future!

I''m keeping them for my daughter who is now 4 years old.  She recites "On the ball..." like a nursery rhyme!!  Unfortunately my son (10) is a Manure fan (I know, I know) but after last weekends result he suddenly expressed a desire for a Norwich shirt!!  There is still time....

My nephew was the same until he reached the grand old age of six and decided that there was more fun to be had on his doorstep and more pride to be gained by laughing in the face of adversity...and that was five years ago!  He''s never wobbled since!!!  Keep working on him and you will succeed.  All the best.

I cant see how one match in the prem can be easier than another (except for your fixture against Newcastle reserves) we all play the same teams home and away and then when the points are totalled up that is a true picture-which is why we are 4 points ahead of you with a game in hand .....even though you should be locked up for mugging us at Canary Wharf. Odds for us tomorrow are 110/1 for a 2-1 win at Spurs and that is worth a £20 bet for sure. I hope we dont win 3-1 !

anyway have you seen the great new blockbuster

www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3165-1562043,00.html

[quote]I cant see how one match in the prem can be easier than another (except for your fixture against Newcastle reserves) we all play the same teams home and away and then when the points are totalled up t...[/quote]

So if no one game is any more or less difficult than another would you be happy to play all of your remaining games against Chelsea rather than City or Palace?  Didnt think so.

Of course over a full season the league tells the true story and each side can be judged on its merits - so the fact you are 4 points ahead of us currently only tells part of the strory with you yet to face Manure and Arsenal for a second time and is as meaningly as any point you seem to be making.

Having the points in the bag is far more important than either games in hand or an eay run in and given your recent run of form you are the most deserving at present of the relegation four to avoid the drop  - that could all change in the coming days.

Curiously though only 1 side in the last 5 seasons in the bottom 3 with 6 games to go have been able to avoid the drop  -so the odds do favour your baggies.

Good luck - I would rather you survive than soton, but not at our expense

OTBC