Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

What if we now survive?

we appoint a new manager.. ASAP (monday Morning if we can) and allow him to do a warts and all diagnosis of the squad. sell who he wants, then back him.

we have to start again and as long as hie is supported by both fans and board we can acheive this.

Adams, nice guy, out of his depth, continue working with the kids. new manager needs to be someone who wont suffer fools gladly. the players need the fear of christ in them at the moment to make them aware if they fail to perform next season then they may never play top flight football again.

I would hope it would be a major shock to everyone at the club especially the players, and would give us momentum for a re-launch next year under a new manager (whether or not NA).

Also a few players who haven''t been up for the fight recently would defo be cleared out.  Our strike force particularly would need a complete overhaul.  Hopefully the club would get in some new strikers that fit with the way we want to play....

I''m not losing too much sleep "worrying" about this though.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We''d need an effective Manager first.[/quote]I saw that as an obvious that didn''t need mentioning.

5%? I like those odds!

Everton had a similar experience (think Danny Cademarteri season) and then finished 4th!

My bad, the Cademarteri lucky escape was earlier. They had one 10 years ago they got lucky and came 17th then 4th though.

I haven''t really followed the Sunderland point deduction - is there any further news on it ?

[quote user="Jenkins"]I really fancy West Brom for tonight.[/quote]Only half of the equation though, isn''t it?Sunderland play "on the beach" Swansea at home on Sunday, they only need a point from either of those games.

Swansea is the one I worry about.

But Sunderland will be under massive pressure if it comes to that, their fans and everybody else think they are safe.

Big change in dynamics if comes down to last game

WBA have money to play for. They could come 12th.

They''re not the type of team to go sit ''on the beach'' surely...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]WBA have money to play for. They could come 12th.

They''re not the type of team to go sit ''on the beach'' surely...[/quote]Weren''t they on the beach about this time last season?

I''d fly over 1p5wich tomorrow... wrote the following post at 07/05/2014 1:04 PM:

Be a draw tonight, suits both.

So everybody keeps saying. Not sure why a draw suites West. Brom though.

Big difference between tonight and Sunday. Tonight there are only three possible results of which 1 will keep us alive. If we get that result in our favour we move on to Sunday where there are 9 possible outcomes of which only 1 will keep us up.

I still hope it goes to Sunday though. Will make for an exciting atmosphere and football is so much better when something''s at stake.

[quote user="GC"]If we now survive there will be some unhappy Norwich fans...[/quote]

The sad thing is when I read this board I believe there''s some truth in that statement...

I take for granted that we shall need one or two strikers.

Otherwise I feel that we need one or two right backs and another left back. So many errors occur on the right, and although Olsson is a very good player there is no effective back up for him. (I''m afraid that Gerrido , like the right backs, is short of pace.)

I think that Bennett is growing into a good CB, but Turner is too slow, and Bassong not much more than a shadow of what he was. Unless somehow Bassong can up his game, I think that we need to add there as well.

I doubt if we can put everything right immediately, even with TV money, but we need to make sufficient improvement to make us more reliable and consistent.

I''d only be one of them unhappy fans if nothing changed next season. We get a new manager so that''s unlikely.

I think West Brom will feel they owe their fans something, assuming Villa lose tonight the baggies will go above them with a victory. That should be part of the equation for them.

Can''t see any way Sunderland won''t get at least a point tonight. In a way, it will be good to be certain - I''m not sure I could cope with Sunderland losing both games and us failing to beat Arsenal.

I wouldn''t read the Sunderland board folks. We have a lovely ''supporter'' by the name of ''Canary Dave'' praying for a Sunderland win, and saying he''ll be doing a jig or something if we get relegated. What a complete oddball. Perhaps he''s desperate to become popular or something.

Praying for that win tonight. If it goes to the last day you can be absolutely guaranteed that Sunderland will be a very nervous team whereas that bit of light at the end of the tunnel would give our players and supporters alike one hell of a boost. Should be noted that WBA are what Fulham are to us - a bogey team. The last 9 games read WBA 8 wins and 1 draw. Also, Swansea are pretty decent away from home and do have Wilfried Bony who we all know is fairly good at sticking it in the back of the net.

Gonna be a bit tense tonight for us, but let''s keep those fingers crossed for a bit of karma after all this ineligible player business.

OTBWBA!

[quote user="Alex "]I wouldn''t read the Sunderland board folks. We have a lovely ''supporter'' by the name of ''Canary Dave'' praying for a Sunderland win, and saying he''ll be doing a jig or something if we get relegated. What a complete oddball. Perhaps he''s desperate to become popular or something.

Praying for that win tonight. If it goes to the last day you can be absolutely guaranteed that Sunderland will be a very nervous team whereas that bit of light at the end of the tunnel would give our players and supporters alike one hell of a boost. Should be noted that WBA are what Fulham are to us - a bogey team. The last 9 games read WBA 8 wins and 1 draw. Also, Swansea are pretty decent away from home and do have Wilfried Bony who we all know is fairly good at sticking it in the back of the net.

Gonna be a bit tense tonight for us, but let''s keep those fingers crossed for a bit of karma after all this ineligible player business.

OTBWBA![/quote]Hmmm, do we know anyone called Dave, who is a massive troll?Who likes to post on rival teams forums?*scratches chin*