Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Lennon wants for next season

It seems Hooper is getting more interest from Celtic, extending on my other post it seems Lennon is also keen to have him back - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9300548/transfer-news-celtic-manager-neil-lennon-hints-at-making-gary-hooper-approach?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ha, funny how he was lauding over taking over us if we stayed up and now he''s basically poaching one of our players.

In the event of relegation, I think that the evident willingness to go to his favourite club will be hard fr him to resist.

The only question is how long he has left on his contract, and how much Celtic are willing to offer.

Oh sorry I get it now, you mean how much of the ''£5 million'' transfer fee we have left to pay right?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Ha, funny how he was lauding over taking over us if we stayed up and now he''s basically poaching one of our players.[/quote]

And one of our worst players. Thank god and good riddance.

Quite often going back to a club doesn''t seem to work for players or managers.

One of the reasons given Hoops joining Norwich was that he wanted to improve chances of playing for England..

Hodge son has already proven that he will pick players from The Championship of he thinks they''re good enough.

Can we not play Celtic at their own game. Stick a £9m price tag on him. 8 goals in his first premiership season, his value must have soared!

If Hooper goes back to Celtic after failing in the prem for whatever reason. I think he can basically kiss his England chances goodbye.

Definitely one for the championship

Hooper

Becchio

and a fast striker like Britt Assombalonga

That should be enough firepower for the playoffs at least based on previous performance.

The irony is Hooper is more valuable now if we go down.