Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Line up for the first game of next season.

Why worry about which players will leave in the summer? Most of our first team this season have been garbage and should they want to leave we should let them. Those that under performed (the wolf) should be shipped out if we can get a good price for them. We''ll still have a good squad for next season.

Look at our midfield for starters. Hoolahan (if we can persuade him to stay), fox and surman (back from his loan at Bournemouth) and that''s three quarters of the midfield that got us promoted last time in place. Add Elliot Bennett wide right and we''ve got a strong midfield. Defensively we''ve got Martin right back, we''ve got enough good solid cloggers to play centre back (turner and Bennett are easily good enough at championship level). We might need a new left back though if we can''t hang onto Olson.

Up front is where the problems are. We''ve got no pace there and unless we cponvert Redmond to a central striker we''re going to need at least two, if not three new strikers. I''d ship out hooper, The wolf and becchio.

All in all, there''s plenty to be optimistic about next season even if 10 players left in The summer.

Contracts excluding I would make the lot of them stay. They got us here, they can get us back. So my starting 11 will be the same as this seasons plus 1 or 2 new signings. This squad under the right manager should get out of that league. We have the money to keep the squad together.

Ruddy  Naughton Yobo Bassong OllsonRedmond Fer Quageriella  Toivenen              RVW  Hooper

That''s if Sunderland lose their next two matches and we win our next one [;)]Otherwise -                   Ruddy   Martin Bennett Turner Ollson       Howson Tettey  Surman   E.Bennett    Hooper     Redmond

Been saying it for a few years now i would like to see us sign Jordan Rhodes. Sell Hooper, RvW and Fer and get him he bangs them in in the championship and I think he will make the step up the following season. Can see Rickie Lambert leaving the Saints this summer also. Personally I think we will keep Ruddy hes settled in the area and spent most of his career on the bench and don''t think he will want to do the same again now, he will give us 1 more season.

GK. Rudd

LB. Olsson

CB. Turner

CB. R Bennett

RB. Martin

LM. Redmond

CM. Bradders

CM. Howson

RM. E Bennett

ST. S. Ameobi (free)

ST. Hooper / RVW

Ruddy

Martin

Turner

Bennett

Olsson

Howson

Tettey

Bennett

Redmond

Murphy

Hooper

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]Olsson will be off...he''s too good a commodity for championship football next season.[/quote]

but has (will be) relegated twice...

perhaps he''s just not good enough for the top level either?

Bunn

Martin, Bennet, Turner, Olsson (hopefully!)

E. Bennet, BJ, Howson, Redmond

Hoops, Becchio.

I think we may struggle to keep hoops, becchio, olsson and howson though.

that team, of course, assumes that we have also lost ruddy, seb, fer, tettey, wes, snodgrass and RVW.

although, i just can''t see McNally letting 11 first team players leave.

[quote user="JF"]Contracts excluding I would make the lot of them stay. They got us here, they can get us back. So my starting 11 will be the same as this seasons plus 1 or 2 new signings. This squad under the right manager should get out of that league. We have the money to keep the squad together.[/quote]

That''s my way of thinking.

I remember Peter Thorne etc.

Well now its official here is my team.

Ruddy

Martin Turner R Bennett Olsson

E Bennett Johnson Howson Redmond

Becchio Rhodes

Snodgrass is too good and will go.

Hooper hasn''t done enough to warrant a move but think he will go to West Ham.

Fer will stay in the prem.

RvW will go abroad.

I would make Jordan Rhodes our number 1 target.

ONE WONDERS WHO WOULD WANT THEM. ? Maybe Lowestoft Town?

Having suffered long without reward will the long suffering supporters whose wisdom has been denied be back next season?.