Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Line up for the first game of next season.

Title says it all, I''m going to assume we go down, and do it like that, but if you''re forever the optimist, who am I to stop you?

Rudd

Martin Turner Bennett Olsson

Tettey

Bennett Howson Redmond

Hooper ?

Or something like that. I can''t see RVW staying, if Becchio was in agreement with Jonas yesterday (as it seemed) then he can jog on, so we''ll need a new Striker or two. Turner must stay, he''s our best CB, Tettey will be excellent in the Championship imo, hoping E Bennett can stay fit all season and with any luck Redmond will have a big season now he''s got another year''s experience under his belt.

Bunn

Martin Turner R.Bennett Olsson

E.Bennett Johnson Howson Redmond

Hooper Becchio

I expect quite a new players in tho, couple of new strikers, would like to see players like:

Troy Deeney

Britt Asombalonga

Sam Baldock

I''m going to be a bit more pessimistic about how many players we can actually keep.

Rudd

Martin R Bennett Turner Garrido

E Bennett Fox McGeehan Murphy

Becchio Loza

I can''t see many of our main players staying. Think we''ll be relying a bit on our youth players

OK, I''ll go with this with Loza as the missing forward.

Bench; Bunn?, Whitts, Gafaiti, Johnson, McGeehan, Murphy (one or the other, the other on loan), Fox/Surman, Becchio/ANO

Gone - Ruddy, Yobo, Bassong, Elmander, Snoddy, Fer, Garrido (possibly), Pilks, Hoolhan,RvW and anyone else I''ve missed!

Gives us 2 or 3 x RB (Martin, E Bennett & Whitts) 4 x CB (Turner, Bennett, Gafaiti & Martin), 2 x LB (Olsson & Whitts), 8 or 9 Midfield including wingers and 3 or 4 CF, plus of course 2 other keepers. Total 21 after taking out duplicates and I think 5 of these will be U21 so plenty of spaces up for grabs (assuming same rules apply to Championship re squad size, etc.)

I really hope we don''t bring in a boat load of players a few quality astute additions (not entirely sure who, depends on who leaves but definitely a strong CF) and some youth promotions to the squad and hold on to key players.

I would like to see a team not too dissimilar to yesterday but that means keeping hold of Ruddy, Tettey, Snodgrass and Olsson which I think may be a struggle. Ruddy and Olsson seem the most likely to still be here.

Ruddy

Martin, Turner, Bennett, Olsson

New Player/Bennett?, Johnson?, Howson, New Player?

Hooper, New Player?

Recent quote from Hoddle about reports he is after the Spurs jobs:

"I have read in the papers and seen it on the Internet that I am the favourite for this job, that job, virtually every job. That I am ready, that I am desperate to get back into management, that I am touting for this or that job," he wrote in a column in The Bleacher Report UK website.

"But I am not. I am not applying."

I''m not really sure why someone who has been out of management for so long and whose managerial career ended damply is on so many people''s favourites list? He was a great manager, but those days were years ago and why would he be keen to try his hand in the Championship after all this time?

I just find his name being put forward a little odd...

I''d like to see an attacking side with a lot of player rotation. RuddyMartin/Turner/Bennett/OlssonHowson/JohnsonBennett/Hoolahan/RedmondWolfswinkelRuddNew RB/New CB/New CB/New LBTettey/SurmanMurphy/New AM/MurphyHooper Becchio if Wolf goes but I have a feeling that won''t happen. Bassong, Fer, and Pilks will have left before the Arsenal game is over and I can''t see Snodgrass sticking around. I''d by another winger as there''s no guarantee the Murphy boys will step up. The likes of Morris and McGeehan could be given some first team football but them being regulars as in Jack''s (binner?) team is a joke. Would be lacking a more physical striker, Becchio could maybe play the role but a more natural player would probably be better.Wishful thinking perhaps.

i''m guessing most are assuming Pilkington is off and not prepared to take his latest "injury" story at face value?.  If he were to stay ,a fit Pilkington in the Championship should be a powerful weapon?

---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Martin-----Bennett---Turner-----Olsson

Snodgrass--Howson--Fer---Redmond

--------------Becchio---Hooper------------

[quote user="mrs miggins"]---------------------Ruddy--------------------

--------------Becchio---Hooper------------[/quote]

There is no way Snodgrass and Fer will be here.

Bunn/ Rudd

Martin. Bennett. New CB. Whittaker/ Garrido

E Bennett. Tettey. Johnson. J Murphy

Howson/ hoolahan

New striker

Outs

Ruddy - England international

Turner - Hull or other promoted side. Performance yesterday showed he can do decent job

Olsson - Stoke after him last season and showed what a good international player he is.

Bassong - low premier league team I.e. Palace will be after him

Redmond - Swansea / other low premier league teams will be after him

Fer - move abroad

Snodgrass - Celtic or west ham

Pilkington - clearly on the move with lack of appearances

Hooper - low prem league team will take a chance on him

V Wolfswinkel - move abroad

Becchio - with lack of game time over past season and half, don''t think he will be up for the fight

Ins

New striker - billy sharp from Southampton would be decent striker to get in

CB - hopefully pick up from prem team where their 1st team chances are limited

Curious to why would you want billy sharp. He''s been terrible for doncaster this year and hasn''t scored in the championship regularly for a while?

Cantiaci Canary wrote the following post at 05/05/2014 5:21 PM:

mrs miggins wrote:

Cantiaci Canary wrote the following post at 05/05/2014 5:21 PM:

mrs miggins wrote:

Unfortunately you may be right but I sincerely hope I never see another City side with Snodgrass on the right and Redmond on the left playing as two inverted wingers.

Individually I have no problem with the players but I have a serious problem with two inverted wingers!

I don''t think Ruddy will be here next season...

Rudd/Bunn are both capable goalkeepers and probably good enough to get us back up in the championship with Remi Matthews adding cover.

Billy sharp is one of those fiery kind of strikers who may have hit bad form at Doncaster but he always seems to get decent amount of goals in championship and wouldbbe a reasonable price.

How about kamara and or Pacheco for old times sakes??!!

I think its a myth that he scores a lot in the championship. He did very well for scunthorpe or southampton (I think it was scunthorpe, i can''t be asked to look it up) but from then on, he been very average (imo), for me we need a target man like grant holt (but who scores a few as well) to get us through this year.

So yeah, although I was thinking like you, of someone like Kamara, the fact that he only scored 4 goals in the championship is a bit worrying

Bit of a long shot, but seeing as nobody has any idea which players will be in or out Im going forPugh, Pugh, Barley, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grub

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"] couple of new strikers, would like to see players like: Troy Deeney Britt Asombalonga Sam Baldock [/quote]

Troy Deeney would be a very good signing, I think. Infact I''d be pleased to see him here if the miracle does happen and we''re in the Prem next season.

But I think he''s got quite a lot going for him. Big and strong enough to hold the ball up but he can run a bit and he can score all types of goals.

RuddMartin    Bennett     Turner   Olsson                 Fox     Surman  Bennett        Hoolahan       Redmond                          Holt

Game plan: win every game 5-3  

I don''t think the Clearout will be as drastic as some think.

I think Snodgrass will probably go, I thought Ruddy, but I''m not sure who to, so think he might even stick about a year at least.

Bassong will likely leave and all the loanees will go back. Not sure on Fer, I think he''ll probably leave though. Tettey will probably get a move too.

I actually am unsure if Ricky will leave. I''d like to see him try and save his career here.

Lineup possibly:

Ruddy

Martin

Turner

Bennett

Olsson (though he doesn''t deserve to be dragged back to the championship)

Johnson

Howson

Redmond

Bennett

Hooper

A New bigger striker (Deeney?)

When you list the people who might go, my first reaction is that it is scary, what will we be left with? And then reality hits and I realise that actually we are talking about a list of people who have continually, game after game failed to perform. So why should we be worried at all?

Well the only reason for me is that I do think we need some stability so we are not starting a tough Championship with a new squad.

I''d like to see RVW, Bassong and Johnson gone along with the loanees. No more Snodgrass on the right and if that means he goes then so be it. Fer needs to really step up if still around, he flattered to deceive but if he goes I would keep Johnson and not lose too much sleep about it.

I''d like the rest to stay, with some pace introduced to the middle, a new striker and a new CB. I''d also like to see the Murphys starting regularly with others from that youth team. they are the future and we should be nursing them in, like Southampton has done so successfully.