Sign in to follow this  
Spillay

Leeds fans enjoying our demise..

Hi people, my first post here so be gentle :) A friend of mine stumbled across this rather OTT blog created by some rather sensitive Leeds fan, seems they have much in store for us next season.. oh the boots are shaking..

http://roblufc.org/2014/05/04/norwich-live-to-die-another-day-by-rob-atkinson/comment-page-1/#comment-14175

Oh dear, they are bitter, aren''t they?How long they been in the Championship now?An utter shambles of a club.

Couldn''t agree more Morty, I actually posted a rather amusing but home truths kinda comment on that blog, going a little something like this :

Awww, poor ol Leeds fan is getting all upset cos "little Norwich" are taking the piss out of you? I would of thought such a "big" club as your''s wouldnt give two shits, would take it in your stride and get on with getting behind your own team, why get your pathetic knickers in a twist about it? And dont even try to say your not, anyone that goes to the trouble of making a BLOG about it, clearly has a problem! Get behind your team and club, stop whinging about other clubs, like they give a shit anyway :)

I doubt itl see the light of day, ah well :P

I guess they have to give some back, given the whole of football was rejoicing when they came down.

Takes 3 Leeds fans to screw in a lightbulb, one to put it in and two to talk about how good the old lightbulb was.

Worth a try for a giggle Barclay, but unless your spouting something that makes us look like the Norwich "scum" they are trying to make us out to be, I very much doubt itl be posted.

Looks like he''s changed ur post Barclay, hes done the same with mine! What an absolute tosser.

Why do you guys care. One poster said if we hadn''t ''stole'' their players the would have got promoted and stayed in the premiership. delusional or what.

Just a reminder that when we are playing the Championship there will be a lot of teams looking forward to turning us over, it will not be easy.

Leeds will no doubt one day get back i the premiership, their fan base is huge as I''d their player catchment. I''d be fed up if I supported them. It''s understandable they are annoyed at us, we took their best striker off them in years and gave them Steve Morison in exchange! We took their youngest ever captain off them for just over one million and their best player for just three million along with another for nothing. Hopefully we can just help prolong the agony by taking 6 points off them next season. I will have to see it to believe it as far as cellino is concerned. He''ll probably screw them over judging on past experiences Leeds have had with owners.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Leeds will no doubt one day get back i the premiership, their fan base is huge as I''d their player catchment. I''d be fed up if I supported them. It''s understandable they are annoyed at us, we took their best striker off them in years and gave them Steve Morison in exchange! We took their youngest ever captain off them for just over one million and their best player for just three million along with another for nothing. Hopefully we can just help prolong the agony by taking 6 points off them next season. I will have to see it to believe it as far as cellino is concerned. He''ll probably screw them over judging on past experiences Leeds have had with owners.[/quote]

Based on that, I''ll be backing them to win the league...

If I were a Leeds supporter I would be more bitter than that about Norwich City. They fell on hard times and we (Lambert mostly) must have appeared like vultures taking advantage and ensuring them longer years of second best.

I found it quite erudite and well written.

I''ve never particularly liked Southampton since they poached Ron Davies (our greatest ever striker and my boyhood hero) from us.

It''s only recently that I have forgiven Everton for luring Mike Walker (probably our most successful ever manager) away. I like Martinez though. Funny old game.

Resentments like this abound in football and, even now, we ''aint that popular in Celtic circles for taking Gary Hooper ..... despite all. 

I like how they make beleive they were the "champions of Europe" when they didnt actually win the game in question...

I''m going to make believe i''m a space man, or lion tamer, or jesus!!!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If I were a Leeds supporter I would be more bitter than that about Norwich City. They fell on hard times and we (Lambert mostly) must have appeared like vultures taking advantage and ensuring them longer years of second best.

I found it quite erudite and well written.

I''ve never particularly liked Southampton since they poached Ron Davies (our greatest ever striker and my boyhood hero) from us.

It''s only recently that I have forgiven Everton for luring Mike Walker (probably our most successful ever manager) away. I like Martinez though. Funny old game.

Resentments like this abound in football and, even now, we ''aint that popular in Celtic circles for taking Gary Hooper ..... despite all. 

[/quote]

Sunderland.. I care not for the "friendly final" or the frienship cup we play for... They broke my (10 year old) heart in 1992 beating us in the FA cup semi final with an offside goal.. we havent had a sniff since, perhaps we never will.

and now they could seal our fate again. I hope one day they go bankrupt and are never seen again...

Was that  Charlie Hurley''s header? I was well young then (innit) and remember spending most of that game marvelling at the Sunderland fans who had climbed precariously into the rafters of the Barclay, excessively drunk and exceptionally noisy.

Were there many fatalities that day?

I had never seen anything like that before.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Was that  Charlie Hurley''s header? I was well young then (innit) and remember spending most of that game marvelling at the Sunderland fans who had climbed precariously into the rafters of the Barclay, excessively drunk and exceptionally noisy.

Were there many fatalities that day?

I had never seen anything like that before.

[/quote]

I thought it was little Timmy "tubby" wetlock with a volley from 35 yards?

Still, takes their mind off this :-http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27309365

I do sometimes wonder if the fans of clubs like Leeds and Ipswich laughing at us realise finishing in a relegation place in the Premiership at the end of three seasons is still a hell of a lot better than mid table in The Championship...

That was a great moment, wasn''t it? When Chrissy Martin scored to all but guarantee us the League One title in 2010. It still makes me laugh that Stephen Hughes started the move and put the ball in, because he had the thinnest legs I think I''ve ever seen on a professional footballer. They were like sticks.

Are we a big club now then?!

Because I literally haven''t paid any attention to what Leeds, Ipswich and Co have been up to.

Looks like they''re all watching us though :)