Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Your view on David McNally

BUH,

You wrote;

There''s a few knobheads that think McNally to go but they are very isolated. McNally retains the support of the vast majority of Norwich fans. Those that want him gone are bitter, vindictive and frankly intimidated by him. Don''t like the "cut of his gib" I.e. They are massively intimidated by him and honestly believe they could quit the 6 hours a week they work at the co-op a week and do a better job running the club. Laughable.

Please can you provide me the data upon which you base your opinions, because I assure you I am not intimidated by him (massively or otherwise) and I work more than 6 hours a week at the co-op. Nor am I vindictive, bitter or isolated.

My opinion differs from yours, however I shall refrain from calling you names or generalise,as you do those that have a different opinion to yours. However the fact you do tells me a great deal about your depth of thinking and the values and beliefs you hold. Vive la difference, eh!

My personal opinion is that he is probaly very good at ''rescuing'' clubs but ongoing success may not be his strongest suit.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]If you look at FTSE 100 companies, on average a Chief Exec will be in post for 18 months.

In comparison, DM is well past his sell by date.[/quote]

So now you''ve lost the argument you''re just saying McNally should go because he has been in charge longer than the average CEO in businesses totally unrelated to football?

On top of that, how many times do people need to be told this.. Football, is, not, like, other business!

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]The last thing we need on relegation is to sort out a new CEO (or board) on top of everything else. It is going to be an extremely busy summer, in a World Cup year. It would be far better to hit the ground running and get things sorted for next season on the playing side as soon as possible, but we''ll be able to do precious little/attract decent players if we are in meltdown. IMO if we are busy bloodletting all and sundry at the club, we might as well write off next season right now.[/quote]Hear hear.[/quote]

Hear hear x 2

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Everyone deriding him for signing Hughton, but how many protested when he arrived ?[/quote]

Another good point. The answer is.. very little.

The issue we have here is that some people are uncomfortable with bad things happening in life and have to find someone, anyone to blame. It''s human nature, and it happens everywhere, all the time. Sadly even parents even turn on each other if a child is ill or dies.

But this is football we''re talking about, so it''s kind of tragic to get this upset and angry and so desperate to blame someone for frankly, not winning the lottery.

Because for all the ways we can see in hindsight that mistakes have been made, in reality running a football club relies heavily on luck. Hughton looked like a very sensible appointment on paper, and only very few fans criticised his appointment (as will happen with every single managerial appointment ever). But it hasn''t worked out, so get over it. It happens. Look at Man Utd.

And if you can''t hack supporting an underdog, go and support Man City or Chelsea.

I dont think McNally should go

But then I dont think we need a CE on 1.7 million either.

If you think about it thats quite a lot of money for non playing staff and we did not pull off any good transfer dealings since last summer nor did we make a management a change when the writings on the wall.

I cannot do his job so I am not going to pretend i know whats best, however is he going to take a pay cut to drop down?

I assume/hope a good chunk of renumeration is bonus related otherwise the relationship could go sour quite quickly once money gets tight.

Does McNally have shares?

I deeply hope he doesn''t leave. He has built us into the club we are and it is his presence in the boardroom that will get us back to the premier league in the next couple of seasons.

He has to stay.

I would be more disheartened by him leaving than by the relegation itself.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I dont think McNally should go

But then I dont think we need a CE on 1.7 million either.

If you think about it thats quite a lot of money for non playing staff and we did not pull off any good transfer dealings since last summer nor did we make a management a change when the writings on the wall.

I cannot do his job so I am not going to pretend i know whats best, however is he going to take a pay cut to drop down?

I assume/hope a good chunk of renumeration is bonus related otherwise the relationship could go sour quite quickly once money gets tight.

Does McNally have shares?
[/quote]The figure varies but roughly at least half his overall pay package has been made up of performance-related bonuses, including for staying in the Premier League, and for hitting financial targets. Since those two are almost certainly inextricably linked it is likely (assuming of course...) that either he will receive no bonus this year or it will be sharply reduced. At the last count he held 100 ordinary shares.

I''m with you Kirkstall Yellow.

One thing no one has mentioned yet is that McNally''s Father died during the season.

Those that are saying that they want him out will say that this should have no bearing on the matter, or that it supports their argument if his grief affected his decision making. I would say that McNally is not a machine, and I know how hard it can be to deal with such a loss.

It may be that McNally kept faith in Hughton for too long, but Fulham and Cardiff both show that changing manager does not always save the day.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Go back 4 years. What would you have paid anyone for 2 promotions, 3 years in the premier league and 0 debt?[/quote]In addition to that, prize money from this season plus £60m parachute money over four years.

When he took over we had just been relegated to the third tier for the first time in half a century. We had +£20m of debt, a divided fanbase, a crap squad of loan players and losers, and a useless manager with no experience of managing anything more than a marketing team.Now we''re back down in the Championship (probably) with our debt wiped, a good squad of players, parachute payments and a cup-winning youth team. If you''d have offered me this position after we lost 7-1 at home to Colchester, I''d have bitten your hand off.

Feedthewolf - The previous 5 years don''t seem to matter to these morons - only the last season and a half apparently. It''s pointless arguing with idiots. I''m not going to waste my time on it any more.

The wiping out of the debt that saw City on the brink of liquidation was down to the efforts of Paul Lambert and his backroom team along with the players he brought in.

The man responsible for his recruitment was David Mcnally.

The details of the falling out between McNally and Lambert are shrouded in mystery - only conjection and rumour abound.

Mcnally''s recruitment of Hughton and subsequent lack of action goes against him and he appeared indecisive.

Never the less the club now debt free is in a much better state than it was before he arrived -but all salaries in the club,as in commercial life should be performance related

Not really bothered whether he stays or goes. He has earned more in one season than many of us earn in a life time and he is in a results based occupation. Results have been poor football has been poor and still they persevered with a manager that wasn''t good enough. As regards to the accounts not certain if that was McNally or Bowkett.