Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Your view on David McNally

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]Yeah, with a huge helping hand from Man C and West Brom.[/quote]Ah of course, the "On the beach effect"Lol[Y]

[quote user="JF"]There you go again NN putting words in people''s posts.

All I said was you very rarely get an honest answer from a question that

you shouldn''t be discussing.
More often than not you get a diplomatic

answer because it''s the easy way out of a tricky position. This will be my only

reply to you because quite frankly discussing anything with you is

pointless.[/quote]

So if I''d said  "But JF trumps that by deciding that good honest

people don''t answer honestly if what they say doesn''t fit in with what he wants

to believe happened." I would have been using the right words?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I think its f****** pathetic that people have to use events of more than 3 years ago to justify McFlurry staying as CEO.

He was responsible for recruiting Hughton, failed to act soon enough when it became clear that Hughton was not up to job, and sanctioned the signing of second rate dross like Hopeless and Van Wank Wank.

I think the damage he has allowed to be inflicted upon the club in the last 2 years is far greater than anything he achieved previously.

If Hughton deserved to lose his job so does McNumpty.[/quote]Would that be the same Chris Hughton that took us to our highest ever Premiership finish?[/quote]

Umm, we finished third under mike walker. Or doesn''t that count because it was called ''the premier league'' back then....

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I think its f****** pathetic that people have to use events of more than 3 years ago to justify McFlurry staying as CEO.

He was responsible for recruiting Hughton, failed to act soon enough when it became clear that Hughton was not up to job, and sanctioned the signing of second rate dross like Hopeless and Van Wank Wank.

I think the damage he has allowed to be inflicted upon the club in the last 2 years is far greater than anything he achieved previously.

If Hughton deserved to lose his job so does McNumpty.[/quote]Would that be the same Chris Hughton that took us to our highest ever Premiership finish?[/quote]

Umm, we finished third under mike walker. Or doesn''t that count because it was called ''the premier league'' back then....[/quote]I stand corrected[:)]

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I think its f****** pathetic that people have to use events of more than 3 years ago to justify McFlurry staying as CEO.

If Hughton deserved to lose his job so does McNumpty.[/quote]

Manic Street Preacher - I think you''ll find the majority of people would agree that it''s more pathetic to use the events of the last 18 months to justify "McFlurry" (wow, that''s so funny) leaving as CEO, when he was responsible for overseeing 4 years of unparalleled success for this club.

I think you will also find that guiding the club away from certain administration in league, promoting us to the championship, and then to the premiership, and then providing us with 3 seasons of top flight football FAR outweighs the supposed damage you suggest he has inflicted - of which, the result may be a single relegation.

Why do you have such a spoilt attitude? Who do you think we are, Chelsea? If you can''t hack it, maybe you should support a rich club in the top 4 where you will have less to moan about, such as Man City? Trouble is, if you were a Man City fan, you''d be calling for Sheik Mansour and Ferran Soriano''s heads for inflicting a such decline on the club by sticking with Mancini last season and losing the title to Utd!

I can assure you that David McNally was open and frank with his answers to all questions that were presented to him.

He was critical of some of Chris Hughton''s team selections but was also adamant that he had been meeting his brief and that his record was comparable to that of the managers of our peers. He stated that the reaction of the fans after the WBA game it was clear there was a rift that couldn''t be mended and that something had to give, subsequently Chris Hughton was sacked.

He also provided some interesting insight into what had been happening at Aston Villa and stated that in his opinion the jury was out on Gus Poyet''s managerial skills, though he assured us that he''s a nice bloke.

As, I''m happy to confirm, is David McNally.

This club is going to be in turmoil in the summer, new manager, new coaches, new players, players leaving.

Whether you think he should go or not, and personally I think he has performed some minor miracles while of course not always getting everything right, demanding the CEO''s head on top of all the other changes is suicidal and could see us back in league one.

Over hyped by the fans because of one managerial appointment but the first time a crisis came along he was like a deer caught in the headlights . Let everybody down by sticking with Hughton way to long ,which is why we are going down .Could we get anybody else better in ? probably not , so he needs to stay and we need to hope he''s learned a lesson this season .

I find the OP embassing and find it hard to believe a City supporter would write such rubbish about an individual who has contributed so much to our club, but cant be bothered to write anymore in his defence as its pointless.  

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Over hyped by the fans because of one managerial appointment but the first time a crisis came along he was like a deer caught in the headlights . Let everybody down by sticking with Hughton way to long ,which is why we are going down .
Could we get anybody else better in ? probably not , so he needs to stay and we need to hope he''s learned a lesson this season .
[/quote]

That''s all he''s done is it?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Over hyped by the fans because of one managerial appointment but the first time a crisis came along he was like a deer caught in the headlights . [/quote]

The first time a crisis came his way was the one

he inherited i.e. all but in administration and Bryan Gunn as manager. He sorted it out, with a little help from others of course.

It always seems odd how a Board can get one managerial appointment so right and then the next (and maybe the next, and the one after that) so wrong.

Ask Bolton fans how things have gone since Allardyce left, for example, or Sheff U after Warnock departed.

I guess getting the right man must be a tad harder than it looks!

Surprising that a man with the financial acumen of Bowket left all the "financial work" to McNally.

Shows what faith he must have in the CEO[:D]

Sounds good Paul''s Ferry. Hope he has every intention of staying, we need him.

I reckon a lot of Norwich City fans are f*cking well bipolar.  They want the cosy, "local club for local people" mentality but also want us to be mixing it with the biggest clubs in the country/Continent.  They want quality, big money signings but they want players who understand what it means to play for a club they love.Essentially, they want to have their yokel cake and eat it.McNally''s a tough old sod, and because he has made the club more of a business, he gets a lot of stick.  Fact is, we are debt free, we achieved back to back promotions and our off-pitch activities are streamlined and efficient.  Yes I bought my grandson a "Canaries" t-shirt for £11 and it was a cheap piece of crud that lost most of its yellow colouring after three washes, but that really is insignificant next to the upturn he''s presided over.McNally is the nuts, especially compared to his predecessor.  I don''t even reckon Houghton was a bad appointment but he outstayed his shelf life and yes that''s a black mark but with the seven year plan I reckon McNally is still in credit in my books.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]I can assure you that David McNally was open and frank with his answers to all questions that were presented to him.

He was critical of some of Chris Hughton''s team selections but was also adamant that he had been meeting his brief and that his record was comparable to that of the managers of our peers. He stated that the reaction of the fans after the WBA game it was clear there was a rift that couldn''t be mended and that something had to give, subsequently Chris Hughton was sacked.

He also provided some interesting insight into what had been happening at Aston Villa and stated that in his opinion the jury was out on Gus Poyet''s managerial skills, though he assured us that he''s a nice bloke.

As, I''m happy to confirm, is David McNally.[/quote]

That''s another great thing about our club. The supporters are treated respectfully. From the owners through to the staff and players are all approachable. This has been the case for the last 15 years. Of course they can''t tell you everything but I''ve found that in cases where they don''t want to give a direct answer they swerve it or give a non-commital answer. I''ve never known any to be dishonest. People are too ready to see dishonesty in others and it makes me wonder about their own honesty.

i think he did a very good jobuntil he employed Clueless Chris

it was terrible to watch from the day he took over, the results werent amazing, and we got lucky with the run inthen this season nothing improved despite shelling out some 30 million, but still Mcnally didnt react, it was obvious in November it wasnt working, im massively bemused by people who claim it was going well and couldnt see the problem as we were "surviving" he should go, it was all too little too late, football clubs have to capitalise and keep the momentum, the momentum has gone, time for change or it will get worsethe same applies to delia and cotimes up

There''s a few knobheads that think McNally to go but they are very isolated. McNally retains the support of the vast majority of Norwich fans. Those that want him gone are bitter, vindictive and frankly intimidated by him. Don''t like the "cut of his gib" I.e. They are massively intimidated by him and honestly believe they could quit the 6 hours a week they work at the co-op a week and do a better job running the club. Laughable.

[quote user="iron_stan"]i think he did a very good jobuntil he employed Clueless Chris

it was terrible to watch from the day he took over, the results werent amazing, and we got lucky with the run inthen this season nothing improved despite shelling out some 30 million, but still Mcnally didnt react, it was obvious in November it wasnt working, im massively bemused by people who claim it was going well and couldnt see the problem as we were "surviving" he should go, it was all too little too late, football clubs have to capitalise and keep the momentum, the momentum has gone, time for change or it will get worsethe same applies to delia and cotimes up[/quote]This is something I''ve observed. Last year we got 11th and all the critics were saying ''we got lucky''. This year we''re almost certain to be relegated and suddenly luck has nothing to do with it. Now it''s ''you get the result you deserve''. It underlines the blinkered negativity towards the last manager. Who knows, without this drip of poisonous vitriol for so long perhaps we wouldn''t have got into this awful position in the first place.Beyond that, suggesting McNally should go is the height of idiocy. When all''s said and done, this season we were the 4th cheapest team in the league and only clear of the 3rd cheapest by a small margin in spite of the relatively generous spending spree last summer. Whoever the manager was, with the winds of luck blowing the wrong way, as they have for this last season, it was always a possibility.Furthermore, he is the reason that we have moved from a club on the brink of insolvency in League one to a debt free club that has just enjoyed three seasons in the Premier League.  Regarding Delia, she has been around this club, digging into her own pocket to bail it out in its darkest hours. Who the hell are you to demand she goes?

But this is the problem Stan! McNally is the spokesperson more often than not for the board collectively.

He will not come out and say who voted for Hoots to stay and who did not. Importantly that''s not his remit.

No one can or should shout for his head unless more information was disclosed or discovered. This rarely sees the light of day.

An example of McNally discipline was his calm non reaction to the disgraceful way his quotes re Hughton were deliberately taken out of context by the national media.

Pauls Ferry - Thanks for your info on McNally but if he told you everything about board matters he would be out on his ear and rightly so

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]But this is the problem Stan! McNally is the spokesperson more often than not for the board collectively.

He will not come out and say who voted for Hoots to stay and who did not. Importantly that''s not his remit.

No one can or should shout for his head unless more information was disclosed or discovered. This rarely sees the light of day.

An example of McNally discipline was his calm non reaction to the disgraceful way his quotes re Hughton were deliberately taken out of context by the national media.

Pauls Ferry - Thanks for your info on McNally but if he told you everything about board matters he would be out on his ear and rightly so[/quote]

Told me everything....

Why do you disbelieve what he told me?

Which one of us is a liar?

On a day to day basis, I can honestly say that I don''t know what he does. I can guarantee that most of the people on this thread don''t know either.

It is a results business where the manager is concerned.

I would suggest that if the finances were up the creek, then the CEO should be feeling the heat. But financially, the club is as well run as it can be.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]If you look at FTSE 100 companies, on average a Chief Exec will be in post for 18 months.

In comparison, DM is well past his sell by date.[/quote]

So how does DM compare to other football club Chief Execs? Wouldn''t that be more relevant? After all would you compare the  average company manager with a football manager. Ther comparisons are unreal...

let me rephrase

whoever made the call to appoint hughton, and whoever DIDNT make the call to remove him 6 months ago, should fall on their sword

only a blind fucking moron couldnt see he was taking the club down, everything about it was wrong and he was doing the same thing for 50+ games expecting it to be different, even if we had got rid with 10 games left we probably wouldnt be in this situation

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]If you look at FTSE 100 companies, on average a Chief Exec will be in post for 18 months.

So how does DM compare to other football club Chief Execs? Wouldn''t that be more relevant? After all would you compare the  average company manager with a football manager. Ther comparisons are unreal...

[/quote]

I agree that the emotional affliction supporters have for a football club is unlike any form of business.

Do you really think that football clubs care about supporters anymore than other types of business care about their customers? Both are just after your money.

Id be the fist to admit that shareholders and investors are a lot less forgiving than football supporters.

In the real world, McNally would have been toast months ago.

The last thing we need on relegation is to sort out a new CEO (or board) on top of everything else. It is going to be an extremely busy summer, in a World Cup year. It would be far better to hit the ground running and get things sorted for next season on the playing side as soon as possible, but we''ll be able to do precious little/attract decent players if we are in meltdown. IMO if we are busy bloodletting all and sundry at the club, we might as well write off next season right now.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I agree that the emotional affliction supporters have for a football club is unlike any form of business.

Do you really think that football clubs care about supporters anymore than other types of business care about their customers? Both are just after your money.

Id be the fist to admit that shareholders and investors are a lot less forgiving than football supporters.

In the real world, McNally would have been toast months ago.[/quote]

You didn''t answer my question though. How long does the average football club chief exec last in a job? Because surely that''s the relevant ''real world'' to make a comparison?

As for do the clubs care about their supporters anymore than other types of business? Again I would say that''s the wrong comparison. A far better question and one I am in a position to answer is whether the club care more about their supporters than other football clubs. From my experience they cfertainly care more than many.

At a 1.7 million salary it''s unlikely he will walk anywhere.. except to the bank. Genius in recruiting Lambert but a Muppet in the case of Hughton.

He has got the maximum return from the supporters pockets in the case of early ticket sales and getting rid of the concessions. I think he will go from strength to strength and will squeeze every last drop from the revenue streams that help finance the club.

So good luck to him.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The last thing we need on relegation is to sort out a new CEO (or board) on top of everything else. It is going to be an extremely busy summer, in a World Cup year. It would be far better to hit the ground running and get things sorted for next season on the playing side as soon as possible, but we''ll be able to do precious little/attract decent players if we are in meltdown. IMO if we are busy bloodletting all and sundry at the club, we might as well write off next season right now.[/quote]Hear hear.