Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

No Point Messing About get the new manager in Now

Agree fully, and it would ideally be with Adams''s buy-in if it isn''t to be him at the helm. He can drop down to the u-21s or Asst Manager.

Totally agree but please no more Hughtons hope we can keep most of the squad though but I fear a big exodus. Hope Iam wrong.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I can''t believe that the club would contemplate another Gunn moment.[/quote]You just know they will , its the cheap option and all the Hughton supporters will lap it up .

Colin W@nker in with Adams as assistant would give us the experienced hand to get us back. Mind you we''d probably need to sack him once we are back if we are to stay there.

To be fair, NA is far from another Gunn, but nor is he a Dave Stringer in terms of experience, either: DS took over the reins 3 years after the Cup win, after managing the reserves for a spell - some seem to think it was an immediate thing but DS def served his managing apprenticeship first.

I would suspect that the board have had a list of individuals lined up since at least Hughton''s sacking at the end of West Brom. 

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Next season starts in the morning. We need the new man in assessing the playing staff, who is to stay, who is to go and who needs to come in.[/quote]

Whilst I and many agree with you can''t help feeling there is much dilly dallying to be done before an appointment. Hope I am wrong.

I don''t want Malky - I think we are in the position where we could get a quality appointment, perhaps McCarthy from Ipswich?

Get the manager in early, get rid of want-away/non-committed players as soon as possible and give him a warchest to spend.

In all seriousness, could you imagine the hilarity if we did poach Big Mick?