Sign in to follow this  

Chris Martin

If Derby don''t get promotion, should we try and bring him back?

Didn''t run around all game with pretend purpose for most fans last time, I don''t see what will have changed for a second time.

Well, he scored a crap load of goals last season in the actual division we''re going to play in, and he would cost less that than RvW in fee and wages?

I like Chris Martin and would love to have him back at Norwich but I think the chances of getting him are slim even if Derby don''t get promoted.

The ship has probably sailed, but I reckon it''s exactly the sort of signing we would need to make. Young, experienced at Champ level, and committed to the club.

@swjf50, I''m guessing he is connected to the area still, and more importantly, when we get rid of our dead wood like Fer, Ricky and Bassong, I reckon we could offer him more than Derby too.

Obviously if they went up he would probably flip two fingers in our direction (might do anyway), but we could do worse. Any other suggestions? Fryatt from Hull perhaps?

If we could have held on to Martin and loaned him out again, we should have. I''m not really sure why some posters think so poorly of him when he only had a handful of Premiership games to prove himself.

We now find ourselves back in the Championship and he is exactly the sort of player it would be good to have in the squad, he''s proven his talent at Derby, a talent many believed he had any way, based on his League 1 and Championship promotion campaigns with us.

I honestly don''t know why he would come back or why Derby would be prepared to let him go to a rival.

[quote user="Monty13"]If we could have held on to Martin and loaned him out again, we should have. I''m not really sure why some posters think so poorly of him when he only had a handful of Premiership games to prove himself.

We now find ourselves back in the Championship and he is exactly the sort of player it would be good to have in the squad, he''s proven his talent at Derby, a talent many believed he had any way, based on his League 1 and Championship promotion campaigns with us.

I honestly don''t know why he would come back or why Derby would be prepared to let him go to a rival.[/quote]
He''s a Norwich City fan, isn''t he? Probably not a good enough reason to leave Derby but... 

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Monty13"]If we could have held on to Martin and loaned him out again, we should have. I''m not really sure why some posters think so poorly of him when he only had a handful of Premiership games to prove himself.

I honestly don''t know why he would come back or why Derby would be prepared to let him go to a rival.[/quote]
He''s a Norwich City fan, isn''t he? Probably not a good enough reason to leave Derby but... 
[/quote]No he isn''t, and he has no reason at all to come back, just look at the way he was treated here lol