Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

BBC Predictor-Will we stay up? You decide!!

I came across this little beauty of a BBC score predictor this morning!

All you do is predict the scores between now and the end od the season and its all worked out and put on to a league table!!

Needless to say with my predictions we stayed up on 36pts,3 clear off WBA!

Its good fun,give it a go!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

OTBC

CUSDP

all ready done it, and we survive by one point .Reminds me of the season we got into the playoffs , we would all settle for that ending wouldnt we OTBC

me too. up by a point with only a point needed from the final game vs fulham. problem was that if we don''t win both of the next two games, it''s not looking good. newcastle are getting crushed in the cup now by some team that we beat recently...hopefully they have nothing to play for in the league.

Blimey!  I didn''t think I was being that generous to us but when I clicked update table, it eventually looked like this:

16.  Norwich pts 38

17.  Fulham pts 36

18.  Palace pts 35

19.  WBA pts 35

20.  Saints 27

Hmm!  Somehow I don''t think it''ll work out like that!

we were 3rd from bottom then we play fulham, if we draw we have a chance depending on WBA result, if we win..... we stay up!

I had us in 17th level on points with Soton but soton survived due to a better goal difference.  We drew with Palace and soton but soton beat villa 2-0 in my league.  That puts us 16th despite only winning 2 of the three home games!!!

WE CAN DO IT.

OTBC

I was not overtly generous on the points for the boys, but still came out with:

Norwich      36

WBA          35

Palace       32

Saints        30

Fingers crossed results go our way until mid-may. I''m sure lady luck is raking through her chest of drawers ready to pull on the Green and Yellow once again.

I wasnt over generous either i think. I tried to do it without my green n yellow tinted glasses on & this is what i got.

Norwich 2-1 Newcastle

Norwich 1-0 Charlrton

Southampton 1-1 Norwich

Norwich 0-1 Birmingham

Fulham 2-3 Norwich ( Ashton winner in the last minute)

With the table ending up    Norwich 34

W.Brom 33

C.Palace31

Soton    30

Of course this could all go tits up as from wends night against the toon,but if it does then maybe we could win away at Southampton.

[quote]I was not overtly generous on the points for the boys, but still came out with: Norwich 36 WBA 35 Palace 32 Saints 30 Fingers crossed results go our way until mid-may. ...[/quote]

Not overtly generous - 12 points from a possible 15 is just about the max we could realistically hope for, thats what we need to get to 36 points.  What would have been overtly generous - use getting to 54 points?

Like your optimism though.

Either way we have to get to 34 points - which means 3 wins minimum, difficult but definitely possible.  Please learn how to hold onto a lead though!

OTBC

So all of us agree we still have a fighting chance then!! I think we will know our fate by next saturday. If we take 4pts minimum from Newcastle and Charlton (both who have nothing to play for!) its game on and who knows.....another year away from the fizzy league!!

OTBC

CUSDP

I did it a few days ago, and i did it as realistically as possible. the results were:

team             p     gd     pts

15th- portsmouth       38   -17      37

16th- fulham             38   -22      36

17th- Norwich            38   -28      34

18th- southampton    38   -17      33

19th- West Brom       38   -28      32

20th- Crystal Palace  38   -25      31 

Esacape relegation by 1 point. I predicted 11 points from the palace game onwards till end of season and my predictions included no away wins and believe it or not a 3-3 draw against palace.

Not a bad start eh???

I got my dad to do it yesterday and, stone the crows, even he came up with us surviving by one point...and he''s the biggest pessimist I know!!!  Doesn''t mean much though ''cos he hasn''t seen us play for something like ten years!!!

15. Portsmouth (39)

16. Norwich (35)

17. Southampton (34)

18. West Brom (34)

19. Fulham (34)

20. Crystal ''take a dive'' Palace (30)

WBA 35 (-23)

Norwich 35 (-28)

Palace 34 (-20)

Saints 29 (-21)

Down on goal difference. And I had us drawing all our away games and winning our home games, which is hopeful to say the least i reckon.

[quote]Great find there. I got 17th by 3 points and my dad got 17th by 1 point. Looks hopeful.[/quote]

Well. I would know it.

Norwich 2 - 0 Newcastle

Norwich 1 - 0 Charlton

Southampton 1 - 3 Norwich

Norwich 1 - 0 Birmingham

Fulham 2 - 3 Norwich

If it would be stay up.

Wow - almost as exciting as watching a real match.

My outcome was 18th - level with WBA but down on goal difference (-27 v -23) - based on 3 home wins and two away draws. Saints and Palace look well gone to me.

BUT - its definitely do-able. Win against Fulham and we''re safe.

HOWEVER, THERE IS A TWIST. This last game against Fulham takes on a whole new meaning. By my reckoning, a win to us places Fulham in peril of relegation depending on WBA''s position. What a climax!!