Sign in to follow this  
morty

Embarrassing.

We got relegated, we saw it coming. But please stop your whining, if you''re a proper fan you''ll be there next season regardless.
Man up and deal with it, dont be whiney victims, hold your heads high, we are better than that.
( apologies to LDC for probably stealing your thread)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck with this[;)]

Night Morty[S]

[/quote]
Noght Eddie [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck with this[;)]

Night Morty[S]

[/quote]
Noght Eddie [;)]
[/quote]
 *Night.

It''s not the fact we got relegated which makes me angry...we are of the right size to be a yoyo club and that''s what we''ll continue to be....it''s the manner of the relegation. Horrendously indecisive Board and defeatist mentality from the coaching staff conspiring to relegate a strong squad on paper with a couple of years good grounding in top flight football. We really did have to c0ck it up to go down, and my how we mightily c0cked it

.......for Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope, who are the three architects of this unexpected outcome.

I''ve been prepared for a while, but as much as you can prepare for a broken leg it won''t stop it hurting when it happens.

Give people time.

January was the cockup and missed opportunity. Others strengthened, we stayed the same. I don''t count the Gutterierez and Yobo loans as any improvement on what we had already. The majority of fans could see we were slowly slipping down, not only on points but also performances, surely those at the top could see it too? We''ll never know if this was Hughton or the Board''s decision. The players also have a lot to answer for with several no-shows against bottom half teams.

But the hypocritical thing with this post, Morty, is that you and a few others simply cannot have seen it coming, as if you had you would have a) not been defending Hughton at every possible opportunity, and b) berated every anti-Hughton poster for a mindset you didn''t agree with. Thus I genuinely don''t believe that you, much like our board, saw relegation coming at all.

I was probably in a bit of denial during the middle months of the season, but since around November could see that it would be a tough job to stay in the EPL, but through my yellow & green tinted specs really believed we would do it, and with CH at the helm (even actually not being a huge fan ofg his despite what some may think), despite a couple of "we are down" moments following defeats where the performance was also shocking. Throughout you try to be positive, or some of us do I''m sure, and right now I remain positive knowing that the club, despite this set back, is actually in a much better position than many clubs of a similar size and has an excellent chance of bouncing back and being stronger. ...........but hey, what do I know being an ex-pat plastic......OTBC