Sign in to follow this  
southstand

So you all saw it coming

There is a theme on here that everyone saw relegation coming for a very long time

With 10 games the bookies had us at 10-1 to go down, then 6-1 - it was the 3 consecutive defeats including WBA and Fulham which

started to make us favourites for the drop

For those who knew we would go down a long time ago I hope there are some very rich people I considered an insurance punt at 6-1 but couldn''t bet against City

Let''s face it our close season signings were atrocious - RvW,Redmond Hooper and to a lesser extent Fer - the reinforcements of Elamander and Gulti didn''t improve matters

Relegated by lack of goals - with those strikers not performimg week after week

The Hughton/Adams management issues are irrelevant - end of story, for me!!

Hand on heart, absolutely yes and neither was I alone.

As I mentioned elsewhere and for fear of sounding as repetitious as a certain poster who absolutely didn''t see or at least didn''t want to see what was coming.

Hull away back last August told you everything you ever needed to know, so irrespective of what the bookmakers might or might not have thought there was a mountain of evidence accumulating that pointed to what finally unravelled last night.

Team Beige and the tactics that seemingly came off the back off a cereal box set the agenda well and truly in that game. Even against ten men they persisted in the almost banal brand of football. Against ten fucking men they still played one up front, making one hapless substitution after another, ten fucking men.

So yes once again, I saw this coming.

PS. On a separate note, bookmakers tv adverts, I shudder to think at the level of intelligence they are are supposed to appeal to. The latest Ladbrokes one, trailered for the amoeba market.

Yes, I''m quite a few quid better off this morning having invested in relegation a few days after the Fulham game at Christmas when it was clear the Board were intending to stick with Hughton for reasons known only to themselves and despite the views of the vast majority of supporters. I would much rather we had survived and I had done my dough but the fact that my Betfair account looks a lot healthier this morning helps to ease the pain.

I am also better offLots saw it coming and lots said so, there were a few on here with their heads in the sand even up to the start of the 4 game run in