Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Dong dong dong

Strangely though, for me at least, this one is by no means the most painful, it''s been coming for a long time.

Back in 2005 we beat Birmingham with only a point to get, safety was at our finger tips, we at least that''s what we thought.

1995 the club is in a bad old state again, Chairman Bob Patron Saint of Honesty was weaving his special brand of magic

1985 we were done up like a bloody kipper, Coventry and all that.

This season has been a pretty predictable nine months, the negative tactics, inertia in the Boardroom, most of us saw it coming and really the West Brom game pretty much finished us off and then Fulham delivered the fatal blow.

Truth be told I thought we were in deep trouble at Hull away from home and that we were going to be in trouble all season, all pretty academic now though.

But and it''s a big but, Chelsea on Sunday really reignited the fires of optimism,,the crowd were back on side and doing what we do best, the players out on the pitch looked up for it, Neeyul looked passionate as well.

More than anything with the right management in place immediately the club can capture what I witnessed on Sunday and really hit the ground running next season. Get rid of some of the wankers who don''t want to play for us, galvanise those that do and really bounce back well.

It''s already underway in my humble opinion.

[quote user="72season"]I agree with that ,[/quote]Me too.There have been far too easily satisfied people involved with the club this season. From certain board members, via the Manager, coaches, some fans who attend the matches, sections of the media, right down to a group of posters on here (you know who you are).The only reason why I''m not appalled by our demise s that I''ve had so long to get used to it. We''ve sleepwalked into it since August, and it was all so avoidable.

The fact that it was so unavoidable is what hurts the most. No point in going over ifs and buts, though. We all (99% of us) know what they are and how we could have got out of this mess.

I expect it to be over before a ball is kicked on Sunday :(

[quote user="72season"]The end is neigh[/quote]Don''t shout that out too loud, you''ll make yourself horse.....

Well there we go folks, we are already at the acceptance phase of the grieving process ready to pick up our weapons and get right behind them come August.

Seemingly though there have been and will continue to be certain quarters stuck firmly in denial, as mentioned above, they know who they are.

For the most part I find pretty much all football pundits and journalists embarrassingly bad with a very small handful of exceptions, whilst his Brum twang is pretty painful to listen to I do find Collymore speaks more truth and sense than most.

He''s often stated that if ever want to really know what''s going on with a club you need to ask the away supporters, there''s quite a lot of sense with this and particularly this last eighteen months with our team.

Away game after away game pretty much everybody I spoke with could see it coming, the mind bending negative tactics and a brand of football that can only be described as beige. Tepid, insipid and destined to see us fail.

I''ll say it again, if I was a director after the Hull away game I''d have summoned a Board Meeting, a truly pathetic and negative performance that beggared belief, it set the tone for the season and we have fulfilled all the ambition shown in that game.

None and nothing is what we''ve got, plain and simple.

But and it a big ''but'' throughout this painful chapter day after day many of us have had to endure the truly banal ''Pant Wetting'' accusations and generally pompous and ill-informed opinions from the vocal minority that we were wrong, the board knew what they were doing, Hughton would see us survive and so forth.

Sorry but it was as plain as the nose on your face, this isn''t a case of ''I told you so'' either, rather having to pay the price for others unwavering sense of denial.

Totally agree about the Hull game. Much in the same way after I witnessed a similar style home match second game in against QPR last season, the Hughton philosophy of trying not to lose and the obsession with clean sheets looked doomed to failure, We scraped it last season but were found out earlier this time around.

Shame but nevertheless, many supporters will be hurting badly and I do feel for them. But we''ve been here before and surely enough lessons have been learnt from 95 and 05, especially the financial ones, to give hope that we can find the old NCFC again.

It''s a pretty dirty admission but ''hand on heart'' tonight is by far and a way the easiest of relegation to digest, as mentioned previously it''s been coming quite some time.

I''m sure I''m not alone in saying you could see this on the horizon as far back as Christmas 2012/13, the football during the early part of 2013 had really started to become the now legendary shade of beige.

Then there were those two games this time last year, yes those. The table didn''t lie did it? Well no it didn''t, it just took a few more months to catch up and tell the truth.

Shipping seven at City, West Ham away and the tactical master class, Cardiff away and another tactical master class, Fulham at home and another tactical master class, the list goes on but really if you couldn''t see the writing was firmly on the wall then you were either a certain poster on here or a member of the Board.

It''s easy now to say ''I told you so'' but actually many of us did, those lights were not the ones at the end of the tunnel it was an on rushing train with ''Relgation'' stamped across its front.

And here it is, entirely predictable and for me at least a blessed relief, it''s been like waiting to have a dodgy tooth out.

Now let''s just fast forward to August and hot the ground running.

Totally agree with that Jimmy, it''s my 4th relegation too and also by far the easiest to take, probably because I''ve been expecting it for months and found the last year and a half about as enjoyable as having a prostate exam from Wolverine.

Have to say Greeno I agree with all your comments on this thread. Couldn''t, indeed wouldn''t want to put it any better!

I again agree and would say its been coming since last seasons preseason games total negativity. Probably kept up last season by Holts enthusiasm, not one leader in the team this season. The only annoying thing is I believe it was avoidable.

Stand up the board oh there isn''t a leader there.

Well yes quite BY, the greater mystery is how more couldn''t see what was unravelling before our very eyes.

Another ''standout'' case of things just not being right and one which again told me and many others that there was ''trouble at mill'' was the penalty debacle at home to Villa.

Tell me this, over the years I wonder just how many of our managers would have tolerated Snoddy taking the ball away from the designated penalty taker?

Of course penalties are missed, some of the truly great players miss penalties (not Neeyul though, just one from memory) but for me this demonstrated a complete lack of authority from the management.

Lambert would have gone absolutely nuclear I''d wager, I can''t imagine for one minute Worthington keeping a player on the park that did that, ditto Walker, Bond, Saunders etc, it demonstrated weakness and that once more is indicative of there being greater issues afoot.

Snoddy is of course is one shining light in a miserable season but that''s not the point, a manager is there to manage and manage absolutely. His word must carry the weight to control and dictate all that goes on, without that what have you got?

So there we go, the evidence was all around us for months and months but who is there to preside over all of this? To act as the checking mechanism and to put things right that are, quite obviously, far from right, the Board of Directors.

Now apart from the occasional well managed sound bite from the Chief Executive and the Chairman pretty much saying his work was done unless his son wanted him to carry on I''m at a loss to think of one word or comment?

The silence has been deafening and here we are, relegated.

If I get one more text telling me about bloody ''buy backs '' or emails about some ''Event'' I can blow hundreds of pounds on I think I will form antimatter and implode. It''s not what I want or need to be hearing and neither is it for thousands of others I''d imagine.