Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

This is what will happen after Sunday,

Neil Adams will be appointed manager because its the cheap option and he got a draw at Chelsea (that why we didn''t go for the win) , if any team comes in with a million+ bid for any player he will be sold. we will make 2/3 free signings of A.Hughes-J.Jarrett type players. There will be no ambition until we have proper investment, the board have all there money back and will not be passing it back to the club.

Does anyone think we will give it a proper go, for a immediate return to the premiership.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Neil Adams will be appointed manager because its the cheap option and he got a draw at Chelsea (that why we didn''t go for the win) , if any team comes in with a million+ bid for any player he will be sold. we will make 2/3 free signings of A.Hughes-J.Jarrett type players. There will be no ambition until we have proper investment, the board have all there money back and will not be passing it back to the club.

Does anyone think we will give it a proper go, for a immediate return to the premiership.[/quote]

Wise wise words

...only thing I will say is that the board do not have all their money back. we are free of external debt but it has been well documented since that we still owe Delia and Co. a decent bit of moolah, and the plan is to pay it back to them over a long period of time as it isn''t urgent.

There is no need to panic, we''re not on a downward spiral, we don''t need the money.... Norwich are financially stable, the team who finish bottomm in the Premier League this year are already guaranteed more money than last years winners, no players in our squad have really stood out in the league this year so clubs won''t be circling, that''s not to say some won''t go, but we''re not gonna be stripped of everyone.

We no longer need to take the cheap option with a manager or sell to survive. I still trust in McNally and the financial side of things that we will be fine. The board got it wrong over Hughton granted, but I don''t think they''ll make the same mistake again.

[quote user="Muffles"]

There is no need to panic, we''re not on a downward spiral, we don''t need the money.... Norwich are financially stable, the team who finish bottomm in the Premier League this year are already guaranteed more money than last years winners, no players in our squad have really stood out in the league this year so clubs won''t be circling, that''s not to say some won''t go, but we''re not gonna be stripped of everyone.

We no longer need to take the cheap option with a manager or sell to survive. I still trust in McNally and the financial side of things that we will be fine. The board got it wrong over Hughton granted, but I don''t think they''ll make the same mistake again.

[/quote]

I hope you are correct but I just think appointing Adams in the first place was the start of the downward curve.

Or the board could be so mortified by the results of their mistakes this season and so desperate to atone for them they move heaven and earth to bring in a top quality manager with a proven track record and give him money to spend on quality players. I know what I would be doing if I were McNally.

Football is cyclical for all clubs.We will be back, hopefully in 12 months but no one knows which is what makes football exciting.Certainly i think that has been our most disappointing season in the Premier League. What should have been our best squad ever has never managed to find a consistent winning formula.The only high points i can remember are beating Spurs at home and the 2nd half against West Ham at home.

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Or the board could be so mortified by the results of their mistakes this season and so desperate to atone for them they move heaven and earth to bring in a top quality manager with a proven track record and give him money to spend on quality players. I know what I would be doing if I were McNally.[/quote]A post that doesn''t end in doom and gloom? you''re on the wrong website, buddy.

I fear that OP''s suggestion may turn out much closer to reality than we may wish. Short-term and managerial track record should be the only two issues of debate in the boardroom.