Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Adams & Bassong.

Was just thinking that anyone who was at the club and was mates with Bassong has been dropped from the team. Fer & Tettey come to mind, no one could ever pick Johnson ahead of Tettey on ability, so there must be something else going on and massive unrest at Colney.

MUST there be? Must is a very strong word, and this is a very bold statement. NA is an employee and supporter of Norwich City, regardless of if he becomes the permanent manager or not, that is very unlikely to change. Tettey is a professional with experience, who has showed his passion for this club countless times on the pitch. and while Fer is young, despite the Horse/Girlfriend saga, he has a good head on his shoulders. None of these three would allow a disagreement stemming from Bassong be the reason to not fight to avoid relegation. also, Fer was never dropped, he was injured when Adams was appointed, if anying Adams brought him back into the fold. and the Tettey/Johnson debate is as old as the day we signed Tettey. Tettey has stronger fundamentals, while Johnson is without a doubt the better tackler with more intimidation and durability. they both have their + and -.

I do wonder too. I don''t think there''s deep problems there, but we have failed in moving on from being a plucky little premiership club relying on hard work to one that can add talent to that and keep the harmony clearly.

Kind of second season syndrome but it''s taken us an extra year. No doubt players like Pilkington and Holt were playing better than the sum of their parts until the second half of last season. Luckily we''d done enough last season, this time we were not so lucky.

I wouldn''t actually be suprised if the new manager actually keeps Bassong and gets his head in gear. He''s a top quality defender and we don''t need to sell, no matter how much he digs his heels in.

I understand he has a whole village of people relying on him and his wages back in Cameroon, as several African players do (when they are seen as money grabbers, ask yourself why, Eto''o and Adebayor come to mind) but I think he might yet wait to see who gets put in charge.

One thing I will agree with Gutierrez on is that we do need a proper full time boss. We need one who is firm but fair to come in and very quickly lay down the marker for next season.

Anyone who wants out and can provide us with an acceptable solution should be allowed to leave, anyone else better knuckle down or be prepared for their careers to stagnate. It won''t do them or us any good for them to sulk so if nobody is willing to rescue them from second tier football, time to pull their fingers out.

Javier, if the garden was full of roses as you presume, why did we get relegated because our squad was not in the bottom three on ability. In my opinion there was a cliché of players (Bassong+Mates) Adams did not like and would only pick them as a last resort.

I think very few on this board would say that Bassong didn''t deserve to get dropped. Fer and Tettey both started under Adams, Tettey also came on as a sub. Adams had his own tactics in which he mostly used 2 strikers, with the exception of the Chelsea game. with two strikers and using Johnson as an anchor, it''s a struggle to play both Tettey and Fer, you''re generally going to pick one or the other as Howson was playing well and Johnson is the better tackler of the two (other attributes aside.) Now this might just be me, but in my opinion, which you''re more than welcome to find worthless, if there was a falling out to such an extent they certainly wouldn''t be starting, and coming on as a sub would be pushing it.

I would say there was a huge error of judgement from Hughton to sign Bassong, but to then make a player as laid back as bassong your captain was an immense failure. The exact opposite of our previous captain. I see bassong for us this season, as exactly as he was for wolves when they went down. He clearly doesn''t give a monkeys about the club, or the situation we''ve been drifting towards for months. I was chuffed that Adams spotted it.