Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

NEWCASTLE !!!

Definately! They must be so stretched with injury and suspensions, not to mention they have gone from Newcastle to Portugal to Cardiff to Newcastle to Norwich in 6 days.

I know Dyer and Bowyer are out suspended - who else is definatley out?

I bet one of them won''t be Alan Shearer. Him against Fleming? I do hope Deano is on fire tomorrow- we may need a few from him. We couldn''t have asked for a better time to play them, but I said that before the Blackburn home game when they hadn''t taken a single point away from home and were on a bad run.

According to teletext (could be ceefax!) Fleming, Drury and Safri are all being watched closely because of injury.

If we can keep a grip on some of their remaining quality players we might stand a chance. They still have some quality in Robert, Ameobi, Shearer and Boumsong not to mention Given.

Fingers crossed that we can get a win, hopefully Newcastle are feeling it and will be falling asleep come 8''oclock!

Just one phrase though "Wounded dog".

Yes and their spirits are currently at a low ebb with their semi-final defeat and the internal player wrangles, plus a long trip down to us for a relatively mundane match for them.

One down side maybe that seven reserves players would see this as an opportunity to grasp first team recognition !

What ever the circumstances, Worthy wont be taking any chances, and we shouldn''t go out thinking it''s in the bag due to injuries etc. It''ll be a hell of a game and hopefully we bag the three... Having said Worthy wont be taking any chances, let''s hope he doesn''t restrict the team as we have seen previously during games (ie defensive vs offensive etc). But I also think that things have changed for the boys, 2 games, one huge win, one draw and also very importantly 7 goals scored, that must be an uplifter for them all. Scoring goals again is great stuff it boosts the confidence which shows on field... and as long as the confidence and pride is their still, we will play well, and leave the field having done our best... there''s no pride lost there! We may lose, but hell, that happens to all the best teams ...

this could be a great chance, if norwich get a win.. we could be right in there again for the push for survival.

Cmon boys, pick up the points!

Lawrenson has gone for the very original 2-2 draw.

Quote:
From Norwich''s point of view, it is a good time to play Newcastle - their mental state must be all over the place right now.
But the Canaries will be kicking themselves for not beating Palace on Saturday - Norwich can always score, but they always look like conceding as well.