Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Time to re-model the club !

I feel personally this would be great time to take a deep breath a take a look at where we went wrong and time to remodel the club ......

by this I mean hiring a manager who plays the Norwich way a good passing team

a good mixture of youth and experience now we are in the championship this would allow our youth players to gain experience HERE  at their club imagine if they could all grow into the team together with the bond they had from team spirit from knowing each others game having played together for years

this allowing us to stamp a style and system that we continue for years like Southampton / Swansea / have done and to greater extent  Liverpool / everton

and if and when we hire / fire any manager he buys into the club and the system style we play learning from our mistake of hughton

this will be far better for youth coming through as every time from 1st team downwards should play the same tactics style so when someone is promoted it is far more natural

I think if we did this now instead of hiring a seasoned championship manger if would be more of a benefit in the longer term

what manger could do this ???  I don''t know maybe a French german Italian spainish coach up a coming manager who has been brought up this way would they come here now ? your thoughts ?

Eddie Howe or Steven Pressley.Both have bags of potential to step up the ladder within the Football League, in my opinion.Bringing in a foreign manager who doesn''t know this level is a risk I think. Watford and Middlesbrough have tried it this season and have done OK, but I would be a bit nervous about it.

I like the idea of a common standard of football at all levels - within reason. Each team should be free to play to its strengths and as it wished for specific games but the principle of a relatively common style across the club ultimately should help bring on the younger players.

If we do well and get back up I''d rather be relegated playing a decent style than the dull and pragmatic football than didn''t win over anyone and ultimately didn''t work.

Totally agreed, and this is now the 3rd thread this week about it. So there''s clearly a lot of us in agreement. Let''s hope the club goes down this route and doesn''t just appoint Neil Warnock.

I don''t think we should do drastic changes yet. We should give the current playing staff a chance to make amends. It''s our best chance at instant return. My Leeds fan mates still think we have a squad to die for for that league. We should try a Newcastle. Minor tweaks in summer in accordance with a new more positive manager. 3 or so new additions.