Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

So we're suing

To be honest the best that could happen out of this is that they get deducted enough points to be punished for the ''crime'' but not enough to send them down. That would set the bar for all future cases but would not see them relegated because I think most would agree that they deserve to stay up.

Regardless of all the "we don''t deserve to finish above Sunderland anyway" hand wringing that''s going on here this whole issue stinks. If you people who say "it''s just an administrative error" have ever been involved in such an error at grass roots level you''d change your tune. If clubs get deducted points when it''s some well meaining bloke administrating a football club in his own time on a kitchen table why are the rules different when multi-million pound clubs with highly paid and trained staff make the same mistake. The cup situation is even more bizarre. And as has been asked....why was it all hushed up?

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]more to the point sue man utd for not putting out the best team today[/quote]lets get one thing straight we weren''t swept aside on a wave of pro giggsy emotion last week.... we were pathetic and had we played the team they put ot this week we would still have been thrashed  [:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Regardless of all the "we don''t deserve to finish above Sunderland anyway" hand wringing that''s going on here this whole issue stinks. If you people who say "it''s just an administrative error" have ever been involved in such an error at grass roots level you''d change your tune. If clubs get deducted points when it''s some well meaining bloke administrating a football club in his own time on a kitchen table why are the rules different when multi-million pound clubs with highly paid and trained staff make the same mistake. The cup situation is even more bizarre. And as has been asked....why was it all hushed up?

[/quote]It wasn''t hushed up, I heard about this a while ago.Sunderland gained one point, I believe, while fielding the player.Its not worth paying a solicitor to get them that one point deducted, as it will make sod all difference to anything.Now, if we get relegated because that one point makes a difference, then it will be totally worth it, but I honestly think therewill be more than one point in it.

The problem with Sunderland''s ineligible player is that it wasn''t their fault apparently from what reports have said on the matter, I believe it was the company (like the middle man) who sanction the transfers which is why Sunderland are not being blamed. Anyway, even if they did (like west ham) I still feel embarrassed that we are clutching at straws as a club

Don''t agree with a deduction, but the lack of transparency by the FA is worrying.

If Sunderland hadn''t notified the FA would they have found out? Do they carry out checks?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The problem with Sunderland''s ineligible player is that it wasn''t their fault apparently from what reports have said on the matter, I believe it was the company (like the middle man) who sanction the transfers which is why Sunderland are not being blamed. Anyway, even if they did (like west ham) I still feel embarrassed that we are clutching at straws as a club[/quote]

These Premier League football clubs have company solicitors and legal departments to deal with the administration. If they can be excused why not the poor club secretary at grass roots level.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 11:24 PM:

............... These Premier League football clubs have company solicitors and legal departments to deal with the administration. If they can be excused why not the poor club secretary at grass roots level.

Because the ever-increasing number of fines imposed at grass roots level funds the wages of the ever-increasing number of officials at the ever-increasing empire of the county FA.

Perhaps the Premier League has enough money?

Surely the club must have some indication that we''re right to challenge the decision otherwise we wouldnt be doing anything?Clearly we''re in a desperate state but I just dont see why we''re doing this if there isnt a chance?

Anyone in the know able to shed any light?

The point about sides being docked points is a fair one - all the way through the leagues at every level you will find the odd club who has had points docked for fielding ineligible players - the why''s and wherefore''s are pretty-much irrelevant. Why it should be different for PL sides is beyond my comprehension - surely those at the top of the pile, who have £millions to throw about when they want, and so can afford to pay people to ensure rule compliance, should be made a bigger example of or at least be treated the same.

What some seem to misunderstand is where Sunderland would have been had they had, say, 3pts deducted earlier in Jan/Feb (as my local side AFC wimbledon have just been): they would have been cut adrift and I very much doubt we would have seen the recovery we have from them - it would have been a completely different end of season. As such, and with the apparent cover-up at the FA, you can''t blame the relegated clubs to at least look into it - to not do so would not be looking out for our interests. Sour grapes doesn''t come into it,this is the legal/business side and if we can get some £out of it we should do so.

Too late for a points deduction now but if we, as the club likely to be 18th., can claim financial damage due tor our failure to stay up then if we win the case  we should rightfully get some financial compensation surely?

That is some consolation.  

Worth a punt, rules are rules and the documented punishment should have been applied to the club who broke them, intentionally or not.

I fail to see how defending our own interests is embarrassing in any way whatsoever. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Too late for a points deduction now but if we, as the club likely to be 18th., can claim financial damage due tor our failure to stay up then if we win the case  we should rightfully get some financial compensation surely?

That is some consolation.  

Worth a punt, rules are rules and the documented punishment should have been applied to the club who broke them, intentionally or not.

I fail to see how defending our own interests is embarrassing in any way whatsoever. 

[/quote]Because if you read the facts of this, it really is a trivial matter, rather than genuine manipulation, designed to gain advantage.

I should imagine that we''ve all read the facts .... hardly difficult after all.

So I repeat, I fail to see how defending our own interests is embarrassing in any way whatsoever.

I say again, it''s embarrassing because we waited until Sunderland beat ManU making 2 wins our only chance of survival to bring it up. If it wasn''t being done out of desperation, like 4 months ago, it wouldn''t be embarrassing. Basically, the organization has conceded we can''t get those points.

We are not suing, we have written a letter asking for clarification about the decision. There is nothing tinpot about that, but hey let''s all slate our club again.

I am not sure where this idea that Sunderland were trying to hush it up has come from, would be interested if that was the case, I believe the concern is that the league apparantly tried to keep the whole thing quiet.

Nothing will come of this, but we can still do the job on the field OTBC

A single point deduction may be the outcome, with the respective goal differences that could be the difference that would keep us up.

Come on Yorkshire, still 2 games left, anything can happen!

[quote user="Jenkins"]A single point deduction may be the outcome, with the respective goal differences that could be the difference that would keep us up. Come on Yorkshire, still 2 games left, anything can happen![/quote]

i suspect we''ve been fielding an ineligible player all season. I need to see hard evidence that RVW is who he says he is and not some bloke in off the street who''s won some sort of competition??

Anyone can see its embarrassing because of the timing. This was known about months ago but we didn''t seem bothered then when relegation was by no means a foregone conclusion.

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Anyone can see its embarrassing because of the timing. This was known about months ago but we didn''t seem bothered then when relegation was by no means a foregone conclusion.[/quote]

Why is that "embarrassing"?!.....I''d have thought it fairly understandable?....why would a club unaffected by it go down the road of enquiring about it?...why would we have done when this first came out when we were 6 points above the relegation zone???. Now that we''re in it, it stands to reason that we should now be doing this?

don''t see what''s "embarrassing" about that?

A lot of people seem to not want us to do this because they are afraid of what other clubs will think of us.

Fu(k what other clubs think of us.